UFC 300 is lacking of important fights

Can you believe this used to be a free fight night?

How our standards have disappeared!!!!

UFC on Fox 17

Cowboy Cerrone vs Rafael Dos Anjos
Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Nate Diaz vs Michael Johnson
Francis Ngannou vs Luis Henrique
Leon Edwards vs. Kamaru Usman
Charles Oliveira vs. Myles Jury
Vicente Luque vs Hayder Hassan
Valentina Shevchenko vs Sarah Kaufman
Nate Marquardt vs C.B. Dollaway
Josh Samman vs. Tamdan McCrory
Nik Lentz vs. Danny Castillo
Cole Miller vs. Jim Alers
Randa Markos vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz

UFC on Fox 17

Standards have definitely dropped in a big way but this was by no means a normal Fox card, it was an anniversary of something and certainly way out of the ordinary. Several names on it look massive today but weren't anywhere near the draws they are now

This is where MMA fans have gone wrong. You’ve accepted SHITTY main events and shit cards on a weekly basis, so by the time a decent card pops up all of a sudden “it’s stacked, this is what we normally get, blah blah”

We have gotten better cards for free than UFC 300.

And Dana was the one HYPING it up, leading to the disappointment. “Wait until you see the prelims let alone the main card. You are going to go Holy Shit”
Nah, it's not that serious haha. I'm just interested in seeing most of the fights on the card. I'd challenge you to name that free card that's objectively better than UFC 300. For me personally, I'm not too concerned with the title picture, blood feuds, etc...I'm exchanging my Saturday night in hopes for being entertained. I think UFC 300 will deliver in that regard.

Shitty main events and shit cards don't get watched and I don't look to Dana White to tell me if I should be excited for an event. That's literally one of the biggest parts of his job. The problem is, UFC 100 was an absolute banger and fans now expect that the UFC can always catch lightning in a bottle for these milestone PPVs.

UFC on Fox 17

Hindsight bias. 2015. Cowboy headlining over a laundry list of people whose careers turned out to be exceptional gives you all the context you need. Or were you on the edge of your seat that night for Vicente Luque vs Hayder Hassan and Charles vs Myles Jury? Lmao

UFC and UFC 300 are dead for life.

UFC 300 looking like a Vegetarian Hamburger w/ cheese, and a bunch of extra side-dishes.

Standards have definitely dropped in a big way but this was by no means a normal Fox card, it was an anniversary of something and certainly way out of the ordinary. Several names on it look massive today but weren't anywhere near the draws they are now
The difference is those “future stars” are lacking from the future big UFC events.

Hindsight bias. 2015. Cowboy headlining over a laundry list of people whose careers turned out to be exceptional gives you all the context you need. Or were you on the edge of your seat that night for Vicente Luque vs Hayder Hassan and Charles vs Myles Jury? Lmao
I actually was on the edge of my seat for Hayden vs Luque. Did you watch any of the a blackzillions vs ATT on TUF? One of the best seasons since it was filmed in their own gyms. This was the fight everyone wanted to see! Big rivalry coming off the show.

Nah, it's not that serious haha. I'm just interested in seeing most of the fights on the card. I'd challenge you to name that free card that's objectively better than UFC 300. For me personally, I'm not too concerned with the title picture, blood feuds, etc...I'm exchanging my Saturday night in hopes for being entertained. I think UFC 300 will deliver in that regard.

Shitty main events and shit cards don't get watched and I don't look to Dana White to tell me if I should be excited for an event. That's literally one of the biggest parts of his job. The problem is, UFC 100 was an absolute banger and fans now expect that the UFC can always catch lightning in a bottle for these milestone PPVs.
I could name a bunch of them pre-2016. Kind of a waste of time though

Back