Media UFC 300 main event announcement this week or Dana is getting oiled up

Sadly I’m serious

I thought that tweet meant Leon/Belal would just be on the card

Then in one of Ariel’s podcasts a few weeks back he clarified that it was genuinely supposed to be the headliner lol but the backlash prevented it from happening.

I'm chalking that up to Ariel not having all the information or something. Leon vs Belal to headline UFC 300 would be such a weird choice, especially considering that they could have for example let O'Malley fight one PPV later and let him headline.

Last edited:
The way they are letting this drag on and drag on without telling us the main event, makes me think its something special and totally out of left field. I don't think it will be a mundane fight.
IMO the card is done and will not get a main event.

I think plans have probably changed over the last few weeks and Leon vs Belal won't be on UFC 300 any longer, no way it's taking the main event spot and the card won't have 4 title fights (including the BMF fight) so I don't think there's room for it to be there any further.

Yeah fully agree

Its either Izzy vs DDP or a Conor fight

Izzy vs DDP is not worthy of main eventing UFC 300.

And that’s going to prevent them from making it the main event?

Because a couple random ppl online said it “isn’t worthy” lol

Izzy is the 3rd biggest active ppv draw and that’s all the ufc is gonna give a fuck about

Personally I would love to be wrong but I think that’s the direction it’s heading

They’re working on options with both McGregor & Diaz, for sure

I believe the main event will significantly impact the sales of UFC 300.

For instance, a matchup like Izzy vs Pereira 3 could make a world of difference compared to an announcement of Edwards vs Belal 2. While the card itself isn't bad at all, it simply doesn't align with what Dana White prepared us for. Nevertheless, it's still a good card.

main event slap fight championships!!!!!

kiddin. that stuff is so retarded...

I mean what could th main event be?

Conor vs chandler?
conor vs nate Diaz?
Conor vs khabib?
brock lesnar vs stipe? (I know Brock is 500 years old etc, but I read gossip he's an option. and people would tune in)
DDP. vs IZZY?
chuck vs tito? (kiddin)

While the card itself isn't bad at all, it simply doesn't align with what Dana White prepared us for. Nevertheless, it's still a good card.
Good take. The card is good and would be getting hype if it were any other card. But the perception is getting hurt because of hype put on it by Dana and subsequently the fans. It’s almost to a level where nothing will feel like enough.

Put belal vs Leon on but not as the main event
Conor vs broomstick for the main

Only thing I care is that it is not McGregor, cause I am not gonna pay more to not watch him fight just so I can catch Zhang vs Yan live. The local fuckers charge a ppv fee ontop of the package if McGregor fights.

If he main events, I am gonna pirate a MMA event first time in a decade

I just hope it's an event we have constant discussions here until it happens. That's how you know it's a good event when you have everyone here going back and forth. I could see that for Izzy/Pereira 3 or Islam/Edwards.

With pantoja fighting in 301 (Brazil card), it could perfectly be Poatan vs Hill/Ankalaev/Adesanya for 300 main event.

If so, that's the first time Flyweight championship will be heading a card ? (Pantoja)

I think it quite obvious whatever they had planned or working towards back in the fourth quarter of 2023 just never materialized for various reasons.

I'm guessing most of January has been spent trying to get two sides to agree on it and for this big of an event they don't want to announce until its actually signed. You know whatever fighters they are working with are putting the screws to the UFC in the negotiations as they should. Might be the only time they have that power. I'm guessing that is what is causing the holdup.

Back