UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Just got back from the official weigh ins. Not that it might matter a ton but from where I was sitting, Holly almost had visible tears in her eyes. Wouldn't be surprised if this is her last rodeo.
@mkess101 and I will be watching the fights at Buffalo Wild Wings on the strip. Feel free to join us if you want. My other friend will be there as well.

@mkess101 and I will be watching the fights at Buffalo Wild Wings on the strip. Feel free to join us if you want. My other friend will be there as well.

I had a taste for some chicken wings the other day lol. Do you have a table reserved if I have a couple other people who want to come? I'm not sure if I'll be there yet as I honestly had plans to watch the entire thing from top to bottom tomorrow

Last edited:
Cody Garbrandt to get egged on by the performance bonus increase and get KOed in a slug fest within 3 minutes.

Deiveson Figuerido Vs Cody Garbrandt.PNG

Deiveson Figuerido (22-3-1) Vs Cody Garbrandt (14-5)

Never has there been such an interesting fight to open a UFC card before. Two ex champions are set to clash in what is sure to be a wild fight for however long it lasts.

While there is much talk about Garbrandt’s chin and fight IQ, one can never estimate the power he possesses.

Figuerido is also a proven finisher and arguably has the more complete skill set.

Garbrandt may be more shopworn but he is the younger man by 4 years and as well will have a small size advantage. I also believe he will be the much faster man in the octagon.

In my prediction we will see a peak Cody Garbrandt performance tonight and I am more than willing to back him at these underdog odds.

That said this will be a nerve wracking affair until the final bell or someone gets finished.

Pick: Cody Garbrandt ML (+250)

Alex Pereira Vs Jamahal HIll.PNG

Alex Pereira (9-2) Vs Jamahal Hill (12-1)

This main event will surely deliver and the odds suggest that it could easily go either way.

Pereira has been a fan favorite ever since joining the UFC and will not be an easy out against anybody.

Pereira, an elite kickboxer with devastating power can end the fight at any moment as displayed in his last fight against Jiri Prochazka.

In my opinion Pereira’s biggest questions are his chin and his wrestling. Fortunately for him he will not have to worry much about the threat of a takedown tonight.

However Hill is one of the best strikers in the UFC and if he lands clean he will be able to capitalize and get a highlight reel for the ages.

I believe Hill is being underestimated by much of the fanbase and concerns about his previous Achilles heel injury are being blown out of proportion.

Despite not getting a finish in his last bout versus Glover Teixeira he put on a masterclass performance and Glover is known to have one of the best chins in the LHW division.

In my prediction Hill will be the much more aggressive fighter and will finish Pereira most likely in the second or third round.

Pick: Jamahal Hill ML (+110)

I had a taste for some chicken wings the other day lol. Do you have a table reserved if I have a couple other people who want to come? I'm not sure if I'll be there yet as I honestly had plans to watch the entire thing from top to bottom tomorrow

We are likely gonna get there before even the early prelims start and just sit at the bar. That was the plan, since most likely it's gonna be busier than a normal ppv would be.

I'm all about looking for dogs, but think about Garbrandt's KOs or his best performances. They are against guys that aren't necessarily there to throw down and play a more measured game. He's pretty much always come up on the wrong end of a slugfest, but most importantly, he doesn't look great when being stalked down by someone with power. This screams awful matchup to me. Either way though, I think it's a finish and the best way to go in this one.

I'm all about looking for dogs, but think about Garbrandt's KOs or his best performances. They are against guys that aren't necessarily there to throw down and play a more measured game. He's pretty much always come up on the wrong end of a slugfest, but most importantly, he doesn't look great when being stalked down by someone with power. This screams awful matchup to me. Either way though, I think it's a finish and the best way to go in this one.

What’s up Oblivian! Glad you’re still at it!

Bobby Green and Jim Miller: I think a couple good fliers are Green TKO R2 (+1200) R3 (+1600) 0.2u and 0.3u

In 27 UFC fights Green has only been KO’d x4 by beasts like Turner, Islam, Dober and Poirier. Never subbed in 27 UFC fights.

I think people are having a case of recently bias with these two.

Assuming Green is 80% the fighter he was before Turner pounded him into the ground like a tent pole, I believe he’s too athletic and skilled for Miller. Better great TDD; speed and athleticism and hard to hit. Moreover, he’s only one fight removed from flatlining a VERY good Grant Dawson in the first round.

I even like Green ML -175

Put cash on Fig by KO. Given his ML I expected it to be at evens or something like that, pleasantly surprise I got it at +175.

Max & Justin to land just 15+ strikes each in R1 on 365 is 2.10.What am I missing?

Max & Justin to land just 15+ strikes each in R1 on 365 is 2.10.What am I missing?
That does seem a bit low. In a three rounder they aren't even likely to take the first round easy/make reads. Maybe they feel there is a good chance of a 1st round stoppage?
Regardless, that seems like a bet worth making.

That does seem a bit low. In a three rounder they aren't even likely to take the first round easy/make reads. Maybe they feel there is a good chance of a 1st round stoppage?
Regardless, that seems like a bet worth making.
It`s a 5 rounder mate.But even with that,I think there`s a very small chance it ends early and even if they take 2 first minutes off it should still hit.SS 15+ is even better-2.37,they`ll probably count all strikes as significant.

Back