UFC 300 PPV Buys anyone know?

How much PPV buys did UFC 300 generate?

• Total voters
Why do the PPV numbers have to be a secret?
They used to not release them because it was a privately owned company, and they didn't have to. Now I think they use some stupid excuse like it's a trade secret or something. If the numbers were really good they would've released them. So we can probably assume that they were mediocre. Given that they hardly promoted the event, maybe just slightly more than a typical ppv, then I wouldn't be surprised if it was 500-600k

I've been searching around I don't think the numbers have been released. Or do they release these numbers anymore?
I figured once they were a public company on a stock market they would have to. they are subject to external audits and SEC investigations. I am sure they have to show cash went from 5x to 6x because we collected y# of PPV buys.

will we get actual reliable numbers? do we ever get trustworthy numbers?
Based on their current ownership I would imagine misleading numbers (higher) would necessitate them coming up with cash to justify their number or risk an indictment.
could be a good money laundering opportunity though.

Scenario 1: UFC says they sold a million at $70 each. need to show their portion of the $70 million if they can't may be investigate for fraud or misleading potential investors or shorting current investors

Scenario 2: UFC wants to hit 800k buys, only gets 700k buys. they take $7 mil dirty money and can show the cash for the fraudulent "buys" and $7 mil or dirty money is now legit

5 votes for 2 million plus? Lol fuck off
I doubt it even reaches one million

As sad as this sounds, conor could rematch cerrone and have a sack full of shit on the undercard and out sell the 300 card

TKO is a publicly traded company, so regardless of Dana's aversion to transparency, they do have to report their earnings and this information is available.

Just to keep things in perspective, 2.5 million viewers is just over what the most recent WNCAA championship game did.

WNCAA is a very low bar to exceed.

Super Bowl this year did 124 million.

Just to keep things in perspective, 2.5 million viewers is just over what the most recent WNCAA championship game did.

WNCAA is a very low bar to exceed.

Super Bowl this year did 124 million.

Not exactly a fitting comparison, considering the UFC costs $80 and thus different revenue structure. Obviously, the superbowl surpasses most other televised events.

Not exactly a fitting comparison, considering the UFC costs $80 and thus different revenue structure. Obviously, the superbowl surpasses most other televised events.

That's why I used the women's ncaa championship as my first comparison.

March madness games averaged 700,000 watching per game. UFC squeaked by that, but it's simply not on the level of other mainstream sports and the fighter pay has to be a reflection of where they are at as an organization.

That's why I used the women's ncaa championship as my first comparison.

March madness games averaged 700,000 watching per game. UFC squeaked by that, but it's simply not on the level of other mainstream sports and the fighter pay has to be a reflection of where they are at as an organization.

March madness games also don't cost $79.99 to watch. You're comparing these things to a high dollar PPV. It's a pointless comparison.

If you want to compare viewer statistics, then you need to compare events from similar broadcast platforms. Ultimately, you'll be correct nonetheless, to your point that the UFC does not generate large numbers of audience viewership, but their income streams are all working regardless, because they've negotiated deals which work in their favor.

If I had to guess probably 600-700. Didn't get anywhere near the mainstream buzz to break 1 mill

I expect it did nowhere near UFC 100 and UFC 200 did. Maybe 600k, anyways we will never know because they don't release the numbers anymore like they used too.

March madness games also don't cost $79.99 to watch. You're comparing these things to a high dollar PPV. It's a pointless comparison.

If you want to compare viewer statistics, then you need to compare events from similar broadcast platforms. Ultimately, you'll be correct nonetheless, to your point that the UFC does not generate large numbers of audience viewership, but their income streams are all working regardless, because they've negotiated deals which work in their favor.

Just for a point of clarity, I quoted viewership from the peak of pre-lims. Since we don't have actual PPV data. I'm comparing free ufc 300 to free March madness.

Back