UFC 300 with Khamzat Chimaev on the card will be fireworks and without him it is underwhelming - Love or hate him his gonna bring that building down

I am down for that and I am also down for Him vs Adesanya for the interim belt or him vs Dricus
I'm down for that fight, but why interim? DDP just fought and has been one of the most active fighters on the roster(four fights in 13-14 months)

I have attended many UFC events some where special and others not so much but I tell you what.. I watched Khamzat fight in Jacksonville and Las Vegas against Burns and Holland these were the loudest crowds I have ever experienced and I also recall Dana White saying the same thing and the tension thru the entire arena was magical. It was like one of these moments I am gonna tell my friends and kids for years that I was here and experienced this. He has that bravado I am gonna kill everyone, that aloof character that his unbeatable in his mind, plus he is real and comes to fight not MMA but like real ass fight. Grudge match or not it doesn't matter his fights are fuking super intense and this energy ends up in the crowds. He takes no hostages whomever stands infront of him and he is real about it. He is not shaken by media, whatever the crowd says or thinks he does whatever he sees fit. He is super competitive and he comes to take you out without hypocrisy.
Funny how Khamzat wasn't even the main event in either case you cited. I 100% guarantee that the atmosphere wasn't for Khamzat and wasn't in league with the craziest crowds in UFC history. UFC 83 for GSP vs Serra II & UFC 189 McGregor vs Mendes were the craziest crowds I have seen personally. Let me know when Chimaev is actually the main event and we can see how he does.

I am down for that and I am also down for Him vs Adesanya for the interim belt or him vs Dricus
Him against DPP probably I think by the more garneted excitement, against Izzy I suspect even he would probably either have to back off a bit or would have to dominant via grappling.

I'd agree it does seem like a good idea to get him involved to make sure the card has at least one good "big" match.

Last edited:
I have attended many UFC events some where special and others not so much but I tell you what.. I watched Khamzat fight in Jacksonville and Las Vegas against Burns and Holland these were the loudest crowds I have ever experienced and I also recall Dana White saying the same thing and the tension thru the entire arena was magical. It was like one of these moments I am gonna tell my friends and kids for years that I was here and experienced this. He has that bravado I am gonna kill everyone, that aloof character that his unbeatable in his mind, plus he is real and comes to fight not MMA but like real ass fight. Grudge match or not it doesn't matter his fights are fuking super intense and this energy ends up in the crowds. He takes no hostages whomever stands infront of him and he is real about it. He is not shaken by media, whatever the crowd says or thinks he does whatever he sees fit. He is super competitive and he comes to take you out without hypocrisy.

Yeah chimaev before he fought burns and Usman. Chimaev has lost his invincibility aura bro

He is all twitter talks and empty promises now. The guy barely fights. No one is scared of him, yet he can't get fights. He is the issue

Indeed. But while it is happening, they will say that the fight is taking place in Vegas. [Stanley Kubrick Moon Landing Playbook]
If you actually believe the moon landings were faked, you should be seeking help, not posting on Sherdog!

Oh yes I love watching a guy miss weight and ruin entire events based around him. It’s my favorite pass time.

If you actually believe the moon landings were faked, you should be seeking help, not posting on Sherdog!
But I need Sherdog to ground myself in reality! :eek:

No, no, no. I don't believe that silliness. I was comparing the lunacy of Chimaev not being able to enter the US with the admittedly more severe lunacy of the Moon Landing Conspiracy. The invocation of Kubrick was intended as the invocation or cue of the joke/sarcasm.

But I concede. If people aren't getting it, my effort is inadequate. If I can't get it right, I'll cave and begin utilizing the "/sarc" notation. But that would kinda spoil it. :(

Khamzat isn't a star in any capacity, casuals don't know or like him. Hardcores mainly think he's a prick. Stop sucking his balls TS.

Khamzat is the only must watch fighter in the UFC for me

He can't but they are going to rent out a small venue for him to fight on over sees and broadcast it over the big screen for the Vegas fans and on live TV for us at home.
I hope they set it up like a zoom meeting with all the participant handles being displayed on the right side panel

If they were going to give someone an unearned title shot, Izzy would make more sense. He's the much bigger name. Khamzat is only going to become a star if he can win the title, which he probably cant.

But I need Sherdog to ground myself in reality! :eek:

No, no, no. I don't believe that silliness. I was comparing the lunacy of Chimaev not being able to enter the US with the admittedly more severe lunacy of the Moon Landing Conspiracy. The invocation of Kubrick was intended as the invocation or cue of the joke/sarcasm.

But I concede. If people aren't getting it, my effort is inadequate. If I can't get it right, I'll cave and begin utilizing the "/sarc" notation. But that would kinda spoil it. :(
The crazier the world becomes, the more difficult it is to detect sarcasm...

khamzat has visa issues. he isnt fighting in america anytime soon. its also my thought as to why he wont get a title shot anytime soon. a champ not allowed in america that will never be in vegas, that cant interact with the vast majority of the UFC fanbase just isnt happening.

Back