Rumored UFC 301: Pereira vs Prochazka 2 ?

I'm a huge Jiri fan. I wouldn't complain if he got a rematch with Poatan.

That being said, if not, Jiri-Magomed should fight the the right to a title shot vs Alex.

But moving down to MW next year?? I'm not sure about that...bad idea. Jiri is too hittable, and the weight cut would be devastating and he'd get KO'd very easily (due to weight cut). Stay at LHW and keep chasing or defend the LHW title.

I don't think people realize how much Jiri was touching Alex before TKO. It was a very good fight.

The LHW division is lacking, they need a DC type wrestler to keep them honest.

It’d be cool but I would rather see Alex fight someone new

Thats hilarious too. By what did Khalil Rountree secured his fight vs top 5 or even top 2 / champ. By beating Anthony Smith in RD3?
How is it hilarious what I'm suggesting? I do agree that Khalil should not be getting a top 5 guy for his next fight but if he beat Volkan I think it would be fair for him to get Rakic at the least.

Doubt the commision will clear Jiri for a 3 week turnaround after the fight he had with Rakic.
Dont really see any options for Perreira for 301 as much as he wants to fight on there (LHW or HW)

I'm guessing the Brazilian in charge will make it happen.

Sorry but no. Alex is 36 and doesn't have much mileage left and he finished Jiri. There's other fights to see/make.

Sorry Jiri didn't do what you guys wanted, but Alex doing reruns against anyone other than Adesanya is a waste of time imo, and even that is too.
Don't know if you understand the tone of what you wrote but it sounds like you are justifying endless Izzy bullshit rematches then saying any other rematch is bad.

If that's accurate... why??

Sorry but no. Alex is 36 and doesn't have much mileage left and he finished Jiri. There's other fights to see/make.

Sorry Jiri didn't do what you guys wanted, but Alex doing reruns against anyone other than Adesanya is a waste of time imo, and even that is too.
That's the biggest waste of time there is. If anyone deserves a rerun it's Jiri.

That stoppage was not a good one.

That's the biggest waste of time there is. If anyone deserves a rerun it's Jiri.

That stoppage was not a good one.

100% disagree with your assessment of the stoppage. In my opinion, the earliest possible time the fight could have been stopped was precisely when it was stopped. The stoppage window had began and was justifiable.

Um, you fight who is in front of you. There is no bigger and better. He's the champ. This is it.

You fight who's in front of you? Jiri is literally behind him, he just beat him. 6 months ago. He knocked him out.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I guess 20 unanswered strikes and collapsing backwards on the mat isn't enough

I’m down with this hematch since it’s two exciting warriors
But I don’t want to see Jiri get knocked out again

They’re playing with Jiri. They put him in the pre-lims now they want him to be the main fight.

Let they rematch simmer for now.

Give Jiri someone fun like Johny Walker or Strickland

Let they rematch simmer for now.

Give Jiri someone fun like Johny Walker or Strickland
Only reasonable fight right now for Jiri is Pereira...If not Pereira than Ankalaev, but he shouldnt accept anything else than a title shot in my opinion.

If it is true, you will see Jiri becoming a wrestler. Dude is going to be practicing single legs on trees.

You fight who's in front of you? Jiri is literally behind him, he just beat him. 6 months ago. He knocked him out.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I guess 20 unanswered strikes and collapsing backwards on the mat isn't enough
Well he wasn't out, so, no.

Also I'm taking about challengers?

Back