Ufc 301 prediction?

JkMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Now that Alex pereira is headlining ufc 300 out of desperation by the ufc, who will headline ufc 301 in Brazil? We (real fans) all know ppv r always headlined by champs and every Brazilian fight card has Brazilian in it either against a fellow Brazilian or against a foreigner.
Casuals will definitely start crying because pantoja will most likely be the headliner of ufc 301 but the thing is against who? Literally no 1 is available.
Do you guys know who I really think will fight pantoja at ufc 301??
This man right here

kyoji-horiguchi-bellator-222-1.jpg

Kyoji horiguchi.
Name me 1 fighter right now that is available to fight pantoja? Manel kape? But he just missed weight in his last fight. No 1 except for kyoji horiguchi!

<mma4>
but, for now, I don't care
<Fedor23>

Think it's going to be Pantoja vs Horiguchi...Rizin is already good with him leaving he just has to get out of his PFL/Bellator Contract..UFC also seems interested

According to Ariel, Alex vs Hill was slated to be the headliner for 301, but the UFC made last minutes changes.. bummer for Brazil fans.

According to Ariel, Alex vs Hill was slated to be the headliner for 301, but the UFC made last minutes changes.. bummer for Brazil fans.
That’s what I said bro. Ufc was to desperate to get a headliner for ufc 300.

Think it's going to be Pantoja vs Horiguchi...Rizin is already good with him leaving he just has to get out of his PFL/Bellator Contract..UFC also seems interested
I rally hope so. Just look at the rankings, there’s literally no 1 available. Mokaev ? Ramadan is coming up so he won’t be ready in may.

Poatan vs Ankalaev
Pantoja vs Moreno 4
Costa vs Strickland
Borralho vs Craig
Moicano vs Paddy
Robocop vs Hernandez
Vieira vs Curtis 2

They probably want to do Pantoja vs Moreno 4 if Moreno wins unscathed this weekend. Even if they do I hope they book Horiguchi vs Nicolaus as well.

Regardless of who headlines its not going to be satisfactory for many ppv & ticket buyers because all the Brazilian stars are booked. Maybe Costa make a quick turnaround?

I know some people would definitely get upset but I would consider moving Charles/Arman to Brazil as a 5-round co-main, IF I could replace it on 300 with Gane/Pavlovich or a similarly awesome fight.

As it stands right now, Barboza is the biggest unbooked Brazilian name to help sell the ppvs. They seriously may have to consider using Leon or Grasso in Brazil which makes no sense, but neither does half the matchmaking these days.

301 in an unnecessarily tough spot here.

Last edited:
Alex said if the Hill fight goes well he’s open to still headline 301 in Brazil
That’s what he wants but will he win? If he does I doubt he’ll be cleared to fight. He hill won’t lose without a fight
Edwards vs Belal - main event
Pantoja vs Horiguchi - co-main event
it won’t be belal vs leon because none of them r Brazilians. Ufc is scared to make foreigners vs foreigners in Brazil, especially if it’s the main event.

They probably want to do Pantoja vs Moreno 4 if Moreno wins unscathed this weekend. Even if they do I hope they book Horiguchi vs Nicolaus as well.

Regardless of who headlines its not going to be satisfactory for many ppv & ticket buyers because all the Brazilian stars are booked. Maybe Costa make a quick turnaround?

I know some people would definitely get upset but I would consider moving Charles/Arman to Brazil as a 5-round co-main, IF I could replace it on 300 with Gane/Pavlovich or a similarly awesome fight.

As it stands right now, Barboza is the biggest unbooked Brazilian name to help sell the ppvs. They seriously may have to consider using Leon or Grasso in Brazil which makes no sense, but neither does half the matchmaking these days.

301 in an unnecessarily tough spot here.
301 is definitely on a tough spot. I just don’t see them giving the title shot to moreno after just winning 1 fight against a guy he already beat on short notice. Ufc seriously needs to just straight up sign more flyweights and stop this bullshit tuf. 125 is underrated, but it doesn’t get no love as much because their the smallest weight class. All ufc has to do is just sign a lot of them. They’ll start at 10/10 anyways so it’s not like ufc can’t afford it.

My prediction
Pain.
It’s definitely in a super weirs situation right now. Had kape fought couple weeks ago and won, I was the rightful guy to fight for the belt, but dude missed weight.

Pantoja v. Horiguchi is an awesome matchup and I'd be super interested in that fight but sadly that would not do much for most casuals. That would be a great co-main event for another title fight.

Back