UFC Abu Dhabi - Who do you think will be on the card?

Tayski

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to get the opportunity to be there, just wondering if you guys know anything yet about who's going to be on that card?

Or maybe any wild guesses?

Thanks a lot

I think Islam mentioned how he doesn't want to fight in Abu Dhabi this year.
But just for fun...

Islam vs. Arman
Mokaev vs. Pantoja
Ankalaev vs. Rakic (Ank really gets nothing out of this. He should be next for the TS)
Yan vs. Vera
Movsar vs. Aljo

Just threw together a random card - not even sure how much sense these fights make.

I think Islam mentioned how he doesn't want to fight in Abu Dhabi this year.
But just for fun...

Islam vs. Arman
Mokaev vs. Pantoja
Ankalaev vs. Rakic (Ank really gets nothing out of this. He should be next for the TS)
Yan vs. Vera
Movsar vs. Aljo

Just threw together a random card - not even sure how much sense these fights make.
when is abu dhabi really? isn't anko next up on the agenda to fight poatan. but your card is fire apart from that chito and yan match. chito prolly should fight song first and the winner fights yan for the TS after Merab. Or they fight the winner of Corey and Umar/Figs. the bw division is pretty loaded honestly.

Islam vs Arman or Alex vs Magomed as the main event and maybe Mokaev vs Flyweight champ as co main.

No way they'd put Islam and Alex title fights on this card but you get one of them with Mokaev in flyweight title fight in the co main thats a solid card.

Let's be real, there's no way on Earth they're sending the headliner of UFC 300 to fight in Abu Dhabi.

Alex Pereira is almost certainly a no go.

He's the champion, he doesn't need to make a single concession to someone like Magomed Ankalaev who barely deserves a title shot to begin with.

Which Abu Dhabi card? the one on August or the PPV on October?

If it's the Fight Night in August, it will probably pack a similar punch to the Saudi card in June.

There won't be a title fight, but the main card might feature guys like Umar and Mokaev.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Ankalaev actually main events in a contender eliminator.

Let's be real, there's no way on Earth they're sending the headliner of UFC 300 to fight in Abu Dhabi.

Alex Pereira is almost certainly a no go.

He's the champion, he doesn't need to make a single concession to someone like Magomed Ankalaev who barely deserves a title shot to begin with.
What's the concession and why does Ankalaev barely deserve a title shot? He hasn't lost in 12 fights and would have already been champ a year and a half ago if the judges didn't somehow come up with a draw in a fight that nearly everyone scored for Ankalaev, while Alex is only a 3 fight win streak since a KO loss. More media judges scored the Alex fight for Jan than the Ankalaev fight,

Back