UFC confirms return to Dublin October 24th

Cathal Pendred vs Tyron Woodley for #1 contender would be nice

I wonder if they would possibly let Conor fight at 155 on this card?

That Nate Diaz Fight could be what they have in mind?

Title fights RARELY happen on the contenders home soil. Can't even think of the time it's been done in the UFC. It will most likely be on neutral grounds like Las Vegas.

If Conor loses to Mendes, he can fight on it.

after Conor loses against Mendes, Conor vs. Lamas in a main event in Irland

I hope i can get a ticket. It was very hard to get a ticket last time but i managed, i can imagine it will be even harder this time.

Title fights RARELY happen on the contenders home soil. Can't even think of the time it's been done in the UFC. It will most likely be on neutral grounds like Las Vegas.
Aldo v Hominick in Toronto (I was there)

So McGregor won't be on this. The venue is too small and he will only be on PPVs from here on out. So who headlines?

If it isn't at least two ranked fighters then it really shows the UFC are just trying to take advantage of Irish fans, would be pretty upsetting.

I went to a show in 2010 headlined by Cathal Pendred, never again. Especially at UFC prices.

maybe you should put "and that's why they didn't postpone the July 11th fight for 6 weeks - and no, dicks, it's not Aldo's fault; it's purely scheduling" in the title.

Pettis vs Hendo 2, Aldo vs Edgar, Hominick, Florian, Lamas, Faber... Weidman vs Silva 1 & 2, sure.. rarely on the contenders home soil.

Pettis vs Hendo 2, Aldo vs Edgar, Hominick, Florian, Lamas, Faber... Weidman vs Silva 1 & 2, sure.. rarely on the contenders home soil.

fighting against an american in the usa can be a stretch (like if an alaskan fought in hawaii, hes still the hometown favorite?).. i mean if its like within three states, we can give u that... but weidman and frankie are from the east coast. their fights happened on the west/mid west in las vegas.. thats pretty neutral grounds for these guys.. vegas, fight capital. wait, i think atlantic city is fight capital.. i duno.

I wonder if there will be any irish fighters on that card

Err...

Serra vs GSP II was in Canada I think. Aldo himself fought Hominick in Canada and Hominick is Canadian, and he fought Lamas, Edgar and Florian in the US. GSP and Anderson fought Americans on American soil. Barao fought both Faber and Dillashaw on American soil when he was the champion.

But you're right, it's never happened before. Except for all the times when it has.

I don't really see that happening. McGregor/Mendes will be a dogfight. He won't be ready by Oct.

Back