UFC conspiracy - Nick Diaz

Man it’s wild how my perspective on Nick has changed in the last ten years

Nick was honestly a middle of the pack guy in during his early UFC run. He would beat the no name guys but he struggled to beat the other contenders. Strikeforce and Elite gave him a platform to be a champion. They also started the trend of having these biography behind the scenes video piece for fighters and giving them a voice. Back then most of these fighters barely gave interviews and it was a big deal. He became a star after generating a huge buzz outside of the UFC.

Those regional promotions outside of the UFC created a lot of stars that didn't quite have the initial success in the UFC. Robbie Lawler is another one. Scott Smith was able to be a name over there too even though he had mixed success in the UFC.

Nick used the weed as a numbing agent so he could block punches with his face without feeling anything. In that case I would say weed is more of a PED than even steroids as its directly impacting the fight.

Reminds of Wanderlei facing a lifetime ban right after saying he had dirt on UFC

Nick Diaz said that 'the UFC and Dana is selling everyone wolf tickets' in the pre-fight press conference vs GSP.

After this fight, Nick Diaz tested positive for Marijuana and received a 5 year ban and 165k fine.

Other fighters who test positive for PED's don't receive such harsh bans. Only 1-3 years. Many get a 1 year ban for PEDs. Marijuana is not a PED. On appeal Nick's ban changed to 18 months. Nick could not afford to pay the fine affecting his UFC career.

Do you think there is a discrepancy? Do you think it's impossible for money to be the top priority (and making an example of Nick Diaz for saying wolf tickets), to mean Nick Diaz's ban was the harshest of all?
Why are you selectively choosing "Facts" to fit a false narrative?
Nick did test positive "After" the GSP fight. However since that fight was in Montreal and the Nevada commission suspended him there is a disconnect here. He was suspended after the Anderson Silva fight that took place 2 years later. His original suspension was harsh as Nick was 1) a multiple time offender and 2) arrogant and defiant with the commission IIRC.

Wolf tickets cannot really be something you believe was so offensive to the UFC or the commission that they took action against Nick. Use some common sense.

Care to elaborate?
Nick was my favourite fighter hands down even after the Condit fight. I was still enamoured by him going into the Silva fight but, after watching him party and waste his prime for years; I just kind of felt sorry for him how he decided to end his career. It’s crazy to me how far Nate has surpassed Nick. In the early days I would’ve never guessed. I still remember Nick in his prime during Strikeforce, those were great fights. To conclude I guess I became disillusioned regarding Nick, and now my opinion of him is a lot more cogent/realistic.

No it wasn't the UFC. Nick put asses in seats. The athletic commission had it in for Nick, and he never helped his case.

When he popped for weed that last time they had thier excuse to effectively gut the rest of his career.

Nick was my favourite fighter hands down even after the Condit fight. I was still enamoured by him going into the Silva fight but, after watching him party and waste his prime for years; I just kind of felt sorry for him how he decided to end his career. It’s crazy to me how far Nate has surpassed Nick. In the early days I would’ve never guessed. I still remember Nick in his prime during Strikeforce, those were great fights. To conclude I guess I became disillusioned regarding Nick, and now my opinion of him is a lot more cogent/realistic.
Nick is a classic example of someone who was great at his chosen career (fighting) but incompetent at his chosen career (the fight business). Nick hasn't seemingly had anyone he could trust to guide his career and finances and yet he seems the type who wouldn't trust the "Right Person" and would align himself with the absolute wrong people.

Georges did him a huge favour giving him the title fight but he wasted a lot of his prime earning career.

Back