PBP UFC Fight Night 227 - Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2 PBP Discussion: Sat 9/16 at 7PM ET/4PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe Val had a point. Mike Bell could've gotten carried away with the moment. Champ fighting in front of her own people makes a major comeback in the last minute of a close fight, by capitalizing on her opponent's error. Even then, it's a 10-9. The emotion of the situation shouldn't impact the score.

Dana still got a Mexican champion.

giphy.gif

Even if you thought Grasso won, fair play, but no way in hell any of us legitimately thinks R5 was a 10-8, right?
Agree I thought Grasso pulled it but if Shev got the nod it definitely wasn’t a robbery but the scoring of round 5 is abysmal. Shev got robbed here

If per are going by the favorite scoring metric of modern mma standards too Shev had her a bloody mess

If we're judging on the main factor in scoring criteria, Shev had her busted up before the reversal and won the majority of the round. People still don't care. Whatever. 10-8, however? Please stop having idiots judge my favorite sport.

Shev style is stale and predictable. Everyone has caught up to her it seems. Standing it's like her 1-2 and that's it. No hooks, barely any kicks. Just weird

She was busting Grasso up in both fights late in the fight. She makes dumb mistakes. Idk what you mean. She was firing the jab with precision.

Can you fucking fire Dom already Not one person on this planet likes him. He is so damn unlikable.

Damn based on those scorecards Grasso should have lost, but I had it 3-2 Grasso, stupid scorecard.

great fight by both ladies.

i scored it 3-2 for Grasso but 3-2 for Val was ok too.

really came down to the 4th a very close round. and if the judges gave that round a 10-10 and it was a draw id be yeah OK. i can see it.

but no way in hell was the 5th round a 10-8

If you really want Grasso to win, just score it for her across the board. Don't go the route of retaining by draw with a terrible score in the 5th. This just leaves it wide open for a rematch.

<{hughesimpress}>

First fight - Alexa won by lucky chance fighter
Second fight - Draw because of Mexican Indep. Day
Third fight - Just say fuck it and have them in a slap off in Power Slap until someone gets knocked out

Oh it was from a 10-8 rd 5 and not a 10-10 rd 4?

If so then that’s crazy. Valentina was more dominant on the ground in rd 3. She was winning rd 5 before the back take too.

Even if you thought Grasso won, fair play, but no way in hell any of us legitimately thinks R5 was a 10-8, right?

I thought it would be a split one way or the other so I can understand a draw.. I thought Shev won but a draw is not the right call on a 10-8 that was not a 10-8.. If he gave a 10-8 for that then he should have given a 10-8 when Shev had that guillotine on in round 3(i think round 3)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back