UFC Fight Night: Brunson vs Shahbazyan

What are we doing with Borg / Maness?

Can Maness stuff the takedowns? Bc that's all this fight comes down to.

Maness is going to be way bigger, but I'm not all that impressed with his striking based on his couple fights on YouTube.

Can he wrestle?

I think he is a wrestler but I'v not seen any of it in the fights I'v found.

Borg has the better hands but the reach advantage, 9 inches, and the height difference are massive.

If Borg can't get his wrestling or grappling going then he may be in trouble just getting past the size and reach advantage but nothing I have seen tells me Maness is on Borg's level

On first glance it seems like a pretty decent card for betting. So far I like Valiev, Meerschaert and Bobby Green. I know Bobby Green is unreliable as fuck, but I feel like Vannata is made from the same cloth. Also, Green is the better grappler Imo, so I see some value on him as a dog.

Valiev is very good, I'm surprised it took so long for the UFC to sign him. I don't really rate Emmers. He showed questionable fight iq against Chikadze who is a very low level grappler, yet he only started wrestling in the third round. Valiev is a lot better in the grappling aspect and should definitely trump Emmers in the striking department.

Herman is on a little run, but against terrible opponents and he's almost 40. Meerschaert should get the W here.

Also interested in Martinez and Nathan Maness, but have to research those bouts a little more.
IDK about Meerschaeret, he might be 32 but looked 50 on his last fight, the little we saw of him on his last fight he looked terrible. Herman is coming off two victories and has mostly lost very decent opposition and lately only via decision. Meerschaert has lost to pretty mediocre competition and is mostly a grappler but I just dont see him submitting Herman who hasnt been submitted since jacare submitted him like 7 years agao.

I’m on Luque at -185. Brown hasn’t faced as good competition and Luques power and leg kicks will be the factor in this fight. Luque has taken damage but he’s young and I expect him to be fine.

I think -280 is about the most I’d pay for Shabazyan and I’m super confident he wins but I most likely won’t bet his ML. Thinking of parlaying him and Luque or Ed Herman at +115.

I’m liking Ed Herman over Meerchart. On A two fight win streak and I don’t think Meerchart Is as strong as Herman. Think Herman wins via decision or late 3rd stoppage.

@WOLFofHARLEM agree. I wanted to put $50 on Evloev when he dropped to -180 the night before but the Grundy circlejerk here made me stay away.

Herman is 39 man, big risk fighting someone like Justameershart

Lando took Green down 4 times, although he secured no control.

I thought Lando won every round personally, almost finished Green twice in the first round, rocked him in the second, out landed him in the third.

All of Greens offense was jabs, which were landing and bloodied up Lando but never hurt him, and knees in the clinch.

Lando landed the bigger more powerful shot, got more takedowns, rocked Green twice, came closer to the finish and matched him on out put

I saw this differntly, Green adjusted well in the 2nd round and started to time Lando by jabbing then countering the slip punch, and had he not got hurt he would have won the rd comfortably. Also, he hurt Lando bad towards the end of the 3rd which won him the rd.

I probably slightly favor Green if it goes to a decision but also feel like Lando is the more dangerous of the 2, especially in the 1st rd.

Herman is 39 man, big risk fighting someone like Justameershart

Yeah I agree kinda but Meerchart last fought on June 6th and got KO’d in the first round by Heinisch. I don’t think this is enough time to heal that chin/brain.
Ed Herman has one finish in his last two fights so I feel the momentum is right for Herman to get the W here. I’m definitely not 100% confident but I like Herman @ +155. Going to sprinkle a unit on him.
tenor.gif

Yeah I agree kinda but Meerchart last fought on June 6th and got KO’d in the first round by Heinisch. I don’t think this is enough time to heal that chin/brain.
Ed Herman has one finish in his last two fights so I feel the momentum is right for Herman to get the W here. I’m definitely not 100% confident but I like Herman @ +155. Going to sprinkle a unit on him.
tenor.gif
Against Patrick Cummins though, whose chin was beyond gone

Guy got knocked out by a 40 year old Little Nog

After watching some tape, i do think shahbazyan gets it done quick here. Waitung for the rd1 prop

agreed. Brunson can’t handle quick and accurate strikers. He’s getting finished in round 1 for sure.

can’t wait for this prop to come out. I’m hammering Shabazyan by TKO/KO and his round 1 and maybe FDNGTD although I have a feeling that may be -250 or more

Is Shabazyan really that good? I havent seen much from the kid just what everyone raves about. But I'm weary of hype trains and the UFC marketing machine. Plus, the whole Tarverdyan being his trainer...

On Edmen too his head kick KO on Tavares was impressive whose usually pretty durable, smaller cage too so gonna be hard for Brunson to avoid his power

tenor.gif
What is the story behind that nick gif?

Is Shabazyan really that good? I havent seen much from the kid just what everyone raves about. But I'm weary of hype trains and the UFC marketing machine. Plus, the whole Tarverdyan being his trainer...
He's legit yes. No chase hooper lol

His striking is ONE THOUSAND percent legit. Still some questions to a degree about his cardio and grappling but he's young and odds are those things are improving dramatically.

I'll say it right now that if his gas tank has improved at all (and maybe even if it hasn't given what the pace of the fight would likely be) he'd give Izzy all he could handle standing. Not hyperbole, he might be a better striker than Izzy right now.

Brunson is definitely going to hug leg for 25 minutes if he can.

Is there any evidence to suggest Edmen can deal with that style?

There's no doubt that Brunson is chinny and past his prime but if Edmen can't stop a takedown then he is obviously in trouble. Especially for people looking to play Edmen R1.

Brunson is going to shoot as soon as he can.

Brunson is definitely going to hug leg for 25 minutes if he can.

Is there any evidence to suggest Edmen can deal with that style?

There's no doubt that Brunson is chinny and past his prime but if Edmen can't stop a takedown then he is obviously in trouble. Especially for people looking to play Edmen R1.

Brunson is going to shoot as soon as he can.
Fight is 3 rounds

Feel like edman ko finish...viera and luque....brown is good but I think luque can out point him techniqcally... yana is a slightly worse jessica eye...somebody put me on game, I'm sure I'm missing something

he'd give Izzy all he could handle standing. Not hyperbole, he might be a better striker than Izzy right now.

Just based on the guys he fought i´ts hard to justify tthat statement, even the goat Darren Stewart was lightning him up.

The Kid is good but not even close to Izzy

Back