UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs. Strickland

No topic about ufc bets for weekend event? @carolinagrapple
Got you covered my friend!

On a side note Germain de Randamie is the dreamiest ufc fighter so arguing futher is null...

Also is everyone aware that Paige Van Zant is now basically doing p*rn? Pics leave NOTHING to the imagination

Last edited:
Got you covered my friend!

On a side note Germain de Randamie is the dreamiest ufc fighter so arguing futher is null...

Also is everyone also aware that Paige Van Zant is now basically doing p*rn? Pics leave NOTHING to the imagination
Always thought Paige was overrated

now if carlos ulberg drops some nudes on only fans I have alerts set up…

Shame that Winn vs Marquez was canceled.
I was looking forward to that one, seems like it had decent prop potential. The main card actually looks pretty solid though.

After watching Jake Mathews last fight I must say he looked good on the feet. In the first few minutes though he was throwing low kicks without much set up. I could see him eating a straight from semi

Met her once. She has a donkey.

Help a boomer (fine...Gen x'er) out please...WTF does this mean?

Edit: she has an ass? Never would have figured PVZ for that but if that's it...alright.

I really don't get the people who are betting on Rafa as a favorite. Maheshate just flatlined Steve Garcia and has solid getups and decent td defense, Rafa has no power and his sub skills are average, as a favorite he hits so many redflags. The same way i feel about Rinat and Erosa bettors, all these guys have red flags and their opponents are the value side.

Steve Garcia isn't something that impressive. Maheshate got hurt in his past two fights against guys who are worse than most of the guys Rafa's fought. He won his DWCS fight on his opponent gassing after beating him down for a round. Rafa's at a size disadvantage, but he doesn't get finished and is on a different level skill-wise imo. Was shocked I was able to get him at -120

I really, really hate betting Erosa fights but I'm actually with the confidence from Erosa bettors here. Erosa's biggest downfall has always been his chin. He's otherwise so technically solid, gritty, and fights for your money. Bruce Leeroy doesn't knock anyone out, and I really can't see him successfully grinding Erosa for 3 rounds.

not if you're me :cool: - i've made over 12k in these last two months from parlays.

the reason so many ppl lose money on parlays is they bet too high, if you bet small 30$ parlays with good favs and underdogs who fight for your money you can hit a nice win.

my advice to anyone betting parlays are as follows:

separate your picks by two categories.

50/50 and 75/over confident leans

put your 75 or higher confident leans in all your parlays and put your 50/50 in only half. The key is to create alternate parlays that remove the risky fights and put the safest fights in all of them, exposure spread sheets should be used. i can make a whole thread about parlays and how to beat them.

As far as Battle is concern he is capable of beating Rinat, Battle has never been controlled for very long, and i've seen Rinat lose top control to low level fighters. The very fact that Bryan Battle would take a short notice fight when he is a tuf winner and has momentum going should tell you that he has a lot of confidence that he feels he can beat Rinat in short notice. He isn't a guy that is desperate to fight for money after winning a 250k contract with the ufc. He must know something we don't and he thinks strongly he can beat Rinat.

I hear you forsure and congrats on the big wins don't get me wrong I love my parlays when approached correctly as well haha.

I just meant like putting all your eggs in one basket with a big parlay isn't smart... I don't know if that's what he was planing to do but say $250 was what he had to work with rather then do one four leg parlay for $250 I would split it three ways.

Straight bet Battle
Straight bet Garcia
And do a parlays of the other two

Hit 2/3 and you are laughing.

As far as the Battle fight goes I don't have a horse in the race so I'm not concerned about the result but Battle could be feeling ready and confident he can win or he could feel like he has a decent chance and just wants to collect some Christmas/New Year money with a easy built in excuse. I can't say playing him at dog odds is a bad bet so GL to anyone on him.

Help a boomer (fine...Gen x'er) out please...WTF does this mean?

Edit: she has an ass? Never would have figured PVZ for that but if that's it...alright.

^ This song is from 24 years ago. Having a "donkey" or "donkey butt" has been mainstream for a long time.

You might just be a white guy over 40. I don't think being a boomer/gen x-er has anything to do with it. :p

I hear you forsure and congrats on the big wins don't get me wrong I love my parlays when approached correctly as well haha.

I just meant like putting all your eggs in one basket with a big parlay isn't smart... I don't know if that's what he was planing to do but say $250 was what he had to work with rather then do one four leg parlay for $250 I would split it three ways.

Straight bet Battle
Straight bet Garcia
And do a parlays of the other two

Hit 2/3 and you are laughing.

As far as the Battle fight goes I don't have a horse in the race so I'm not concerned about the result but Battle could be feeling ready and confident he can win or he could feel like he has a decent chance and just wants to collect some Christmas/New Year money with a easy built in excuse. I can't say playing him at dog odds is a bad bet so GL to anyone on him.
Only if you bet small, i won't lose sleep over 33$ parlays, i think anything super high is not a smart strategy, but i think it's a good way to get a little action on every fight on the card without taking a huge hit to your bankroll. I honestly think for straight bets you should be highly selective and go with maybe 1-3 options that you feel maybe they've been mispriced. I feel that way about Battle, I think he should be a -110 and Rinat even or the same odds -105. I think for him he should have just parlayed his favorites, and straight bet underdogs he likes. I almost never straight bet a favorite unless i feel they have a edge that is massive and not represented. I can't honestly say Rafa should be a -200 favorite or higher, he is correctly priced.

Only if you bet small, i won't lose sleep over 33$ parlays, i think anything super high is not a smart strategy, but i think it's a good way to get a little action on every fight on the card without taking a huge hit to your bankroll. I honestly think for straight bets you should be highly selective and go with maybe 1-3 options that you feel maybe they've been mispriced. I feel that way about Battle, I think he should be a -110 and Rinat even or the same odds -105. I think for him he should have just parlayed his favorites, and straight bet underdogs he likes. I almost never straight bet a favorite unless i feel they have a edge that is massive and not represented. I can't honestly say Rafa should be a -200 favorite or higher, he is correctly priced.

Yeah forsure I like to do the same thing as well... I also bet NHL so I mix all my plays from there with my UFC ones basicly the same kind of idea.

Has anyone mentioned that it looks like Strickland had a rough weight cut? The Mac Life posted about it on their I.G.

Maheshate vs. Garcia
UFC-Fight-Night-216-Rafa-Garcia-vs.-Maheshate.jpg

Maheshate looking big, or at least long.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/gallery/photos-ufc-fight-night-216-weigh-ins-faceoffs-las-vegas

As long as someone gets finished I will be happy at +140 lol.

Only if you bet small, i won't lose sleep over 33$ parlays, i think anything super high is not a smart strategy, but i think it's a good way to get a little action on every fight on the card without taking a huge hit to your bankroll.

If we're talking mults - and I'm always ready to talk mults - then I respectfully disagree, lads. There's nothing wrong with putting all yours eggs in one basket and betting big with mults.

I just do one mult per card of $2250 (use to be 3k but building back up +250 each time after quitting singles and coming back to mults only).

I aim for 3 or so legs and around 2.50-3.00 odds each time. It's a lot easier than focusing on a heap of fights and you win more money.

For fun I also do a hail mary mult of every fight and then a more safer one of about 8 or so legs. Somehow, for 7 weeks in a row I've lost these by one leg. Don't know what the chances of that are, but it can't be high lol. I don't put any thoughts into these mults though, not that I put a ton into the main one either haha.

Also, my bookies don't really limit mults. I try to slap just $500 on a single and they'll review it and often only accept half of the bet or less. I do that same pick in a mult and it goes through instantly.

Steve Garcia isn't something that impressive. Maheshate got hurt in his past two fights against guys who are worse than most of the guys Rafa's fought. He won his DWCS fight on his opponent gassing after beating him down for a round. Rafa's at a size disadvantage, but he doesn't get finished and is on a different level skill-wise imo. Was shocked I was able to get him at -120
That canadian guy was the bfl canadian title holder, nothing super high level but he was the best from that scene in the regionals. I think Rafa has beaten guys his size before and has the experience advantage. But if he's out here losing to Chris Gruetzemacher old decrepit butt , getting his takedowns canceled and losing on the feet to an older fighter with meh striking. now imagine if he struggles to takedown Maheshate who has a long reach and a counter right hand with youth on his side? plus height/weight as he looks like a 170lb welterweight. I just see him as the value side. Maybe Rafa beats him, but it's going to be a struggle for sure.

I really, really hate betting Erosa fights but I'm actually with the confidence from Erosa bettors here. Erosa's biggest downfall has always been his chin. He's otherwise so technically solid, gritty, and fights for your money. Bruce Leeroy doesn't knock anyone out, and I really can't see him successfully grinding Erosa for 3 rounds.
I like Alex because of two main reasons, Alex has performed better against Petterson and Choi, Erosa got in a dog fight with Petterson and Choi demolished him.

When you see Alex on tape , he moves his head a lot and he is good at controlling range, I could see him fighting in combat karate, he's a solid martial artist and has fluidity in his movement, he has some cons like leaving his leg out there to be kicked. But even his last fight it could have been a draw, they both matched in stats.

Erosa is really good at controlling range, but i don't think he's going to be the one counter punching here, i think he's going to be chasing cutting off the cage. I think Erosa can beat Alex to the punch, but can he drag him into his kind of fight and make Alex fight bushido style to the death? I don't think he can. But i think they both can win here, i just think the value here is on Alex.

Back