Card

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
112.jpg

Opening / Current
2343_o.png
2343.png

if the under is set at 4.5 for the ME, i'll take it. I'm confident islam is gonna finish a tired dariush in the 3rd or 4th, like he did moises. can't keep up with that dude's grappling, he's a grinder and a benny ko is unlikely (even then, the under covers it).

No odds on the most interesting fight on the card yet?? Tsarukyan vs El Fenomeno is a banger!! Can't wait for that fight.

Edit: Found them farther down the page. Tsarukyan a way bigger fave than I'd have thought. Alvarez looks like a must play to me if those odds are correct.

Last edited:
Gregory Rodrigues could be something, his ground game should be light years ahead of a striker like Petrosyan who was taken down on the Contender Series pretty quickly by his can crusher opponent.

Trusting in Rodrigues' weak chin is a little nerve-wracking, but I have to believe he and his Sanford coaches see that the ground will be his best path to victory.

Rong at those odds could be worth something. Not too high on him, but he does pack power and has nice timing, and Bahamondes does leave himself open.

Still, the Chinese PI is historically trash so I might pass on him.

Gregory Rodrigues could be something, his ground game should be light years ahead of a striker like Petrosyan who was taken down on the Contender Series pretty quickly by his can crusher opponent.

Trusting in Rodrigues' weak chin is a little nerve-wracking, but I have to believe he and his Sanford coaches see that the ground will be his best path to victory.
The thing about these kick boxers is that they have deceptive grappling. they get taken down then they give their backs but instead of staying down they rise back up.

solid getup1.JPG

They learn the art of simplifying their training and going by the principle less is more. like bruce lee's quote 'the man who mastered one kick 10 thousand times,' these kickboxer focus on defensive bjj , similar to Derick lewis who gets taken down, and then says 'fk it now i'm getting up.'
Another kick boxer who does this is Melsik Baghdasaryan.
getups 2.JPG

It's going to come down to does Rodriguez prefer submission over position, is he going to try and wrap his legs around Armen from the back body lock and try to submit him or try and just cage stall him and steal rounds. You got to imagine arman is preparing to defend the back take and avoid those leg hooks from wrapping behind him and getting placed in a rnc position or body triangle. I'm passing because of the chin of rodriguez like you said.

No odds on the most interesting fight on the card yet?? Tsarukyan vs El Fenomeno is a banger!! Can't wait for that fight.

Edit: Found them farther down the page. Tsarukyan a way bigger fave than I'd have thought. Alvarez looks like a must play to me if those odds are correct.
That's the best upcoming "Under the radar" fight by far.And though I think Tsarukyan will grind out a dec win at those odds definitely dog or pass.

Awful card

Tsyrukian was really boring to tape but he's definitely going to win

Haven't taped it but Tsurakyan has excellent takedown defence from what I remember from his short notice (debut?) against Makhachev. Joel did tko Moises which is a big surprise but Tsurakyan is excellent at keeping the range and a much better striker than Joel. I have Tsurakyan winning a decision.

That's the best upcoming "Under the radar" fight by far.And though I think Tsarukyan will grind out a dec win at those odds definitely dog or pass.

Yeah very fired up for this one. I do favor Tsarukyan but the line is WAY too wide imo. Alvarez is a monster in that weight class, he straight big brothered Moises. More so even than Islam did. And Alvarez looked 2 weight classes bigger.

Tsarukyan has his hands full.

Yeah very fired up for this one. I do favor Tsarukyan but the line is WAY too wide imo. Alvarez is a monster in that weight class, he straight big brothered Moises. More so even than Islam did. And Alvarez looked 2 weight classes bigger.

Tsarukyan has his hands full.
greatest example of a pick em.

His ground game really is light years ahead,I'll be surprised if the odds don't drop more on Rodriguez.

Haven't taped it but Tsurakyan has excellent takedown defence from what I remember from his short notice (debut?) against Makhachev. Joel did tko Moises which is a big surprise but Tsurakyan is excellent at keeping the range and a much better striker than Joel. I have Tsurakyan winning a decision.

Alvarez looked so huge and confident vs Moises. And just ran through him like a buzzsaw. I have 2 units on him at +235.

I agree Tsarukyan is very good, but this line is waaaaaay too wide.

Alvarez looked so huge and confident vs Moises. And just ran through him like a buzzsaw. I have 2 units on him at +235.

Have you taped the fight? I think Alverz has absolutely nothing for the boring control machine that is Arman.

I'd equate this fight to Shavkat vs Harris the other week, two prospects, too guys who have looked great and done cool things, but levels apart

Youre not worried about him just getting ground down? I feel hes too confident in his bottom game for this matchup. Juicy number tho

Joel's best bet is to catch Arman on the feet, which could happen given OAM dropped Tsarukyan before, and Joel is more of a finisher.

Still, Arman probably fights smart and takes a decision.

Have you taped the fight? I think Alverz has absolutely nothing for the boring control machine that is Arman.

I'd equate this fight to Shavkat vs Harris the other week, two prospects, too guys who have looked great and done cool things, but levels apart

Yes taped some. Alvarez boxing looked terrific vs Moises, he stalked perfectly and threw accurate combos with massive power. He's absolutely gigantic, he'll have a size edge. He has numerous ways to finish the fight while Tsarukyan has...maybe zero ways to finish?

You are saying "levels apart"...but Moises has a win over Bobby Greene (controversial but even still we are seeing just how good Greene is) and lasted into rd 4 with Islam. And Alvarez just methodically tore Moises apart inside a round. Sometimes the "cool things" we see mean a fighter has actually grown and developed into something special.

Now...gun to my head where I was forced to pick a winner...I'd probably still pick Tsarukyan. His style and ability to grind are pretty elite. But even if I cap him 55-45 or so to win this fight, I have to make a big play on the dog at these odds because the value is extreme imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back