Card

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
112.jpg

Opening / Current
2376_o.png
2376.png

I'm all over Aspinall at underdog odds. Volkov looked washed AF in his last fight against Tybura, like a feeble old man. He seems to have lost fire for the sport in this later stage of his career. I got some major Alexander Gustaffson vibes from him, can't trust someone like that with money on the line especially as a favorite. The experience, range, and kickboxing pedigree are concerns but I think Aspinall's raw speed, power, and talent will be enough to crack Volkov's chin at some point.

I'm all over Aspinall at underdog odds. Volkov looked washed AF in his last fight against Tybura, like a feeble old man. He seems to have lost fire for the sport in this later stage of his career. I got some major Alexander Gustaffson vibes from him, can't trust someone like that with money on the line especially as a favorite. The experience, range, and kickboxing pedigree are concerns but I think Aspinall's raw speed, power, and talent will be enough to crack Volkov's chin at some point.
I think those odds will sway to him being a -110 and volkov either a -115 or 100+

I am getting second thoughts about being on Aspinall. There is no tape on how Aspinall deals with an opponent of Volkov's qualities: extremely long, extremely difficult to takedown and keep down, and very solid kickboxing skills. Aspinall has never been out of the second round so his cardio is a potential downside, and Volkov has the style to take him into those deep waters. And apparently Volkov was unable to train much for his fight with Tybura because of his wife's pregnancy which explains his terrible performance, although it is still not a good look. There are just a lot of unverifiable question marks for me concerning this fight on both sides, I think I will have to keep it light and potentially just bet Aspinall KO rather than ML. Aspinall's best chance in this fight is probably to spark Volkov at some point within the 5 rounds like Lewis did rather than take this to a decision.

Last edited:
Shore as the dog against Valiev Im taking that.

Herbert more than 3 to 1 against a Topuria forced to fight at 155 is intriguing too.

Sub props for Pimblett, Wood and Mokaev might have some good value. Pavlovich by KO/RD 1 as well, though who knows if it's still happening.

Prop bets aside, Grundy should give Amirkhani his walking papers, only worried about him having an equally bad gas tank as Makwan. Still, his wrestling should be stronger, he's got enough power to keep Amirkhani honest and doesn't just give up when things aren't going his way.

Torn between taking Krylov's ML or the under in that fight. Craig has had a good resurgence, but it's not like he's fought the best opposition. The under should cover Krylov having a brain fart I suppose.

Allen should take care of FW Hooker too. Dan wasn't anything extraordinary at FW aside from KOing a washed up Hioki.

Pavlovich has had a long layoff,but I don't see how he doesn't send shot Shamil to the shadow realm

Herbert more than 3 to 1 against a Topuria forced to fight at 155 is intriguing too.

Shore vs Valiev has decision written all over it, I'll be all over that if it's around -150 /200 or so.

Shore vs Valiev has decision written all over it, I'll be all over that if it's around -150 /200 or so.
agree. Regarding the ME, aspinall's cardio isn't trustworthy. he just started looking tired before finishing arlovki iirc. volkov should be able to extend this past the first 5 mins and who knows how tom will look like. maybe lb volkov? i think gunni is better than silva but he's been out like 3 years. grundy looked bad in his last fight, good wrestler but not so good mma wrestling. could be enough to beat makwan tho. i won't put much on this card.

Claudio Silva is out due to injury and fights with Russians might not happen due to bans from the UK.

Edit Gunni fights Takeshi Sato

Last edited:
Volkov looked like steamy hot garbage last time out. No way I would back him at current prices

Claudio Silva is out due to injury and fights with Russians might not happen due to bans from the UK.

Edit Gunni fights Takeshi Sato
Another sub prop for me to consider backing, lol. Sato probably gets demolished easy.

Not that confident on Shore, he made hard work of Azure and this fight seems like it might pose similar problems.

If the cut and the general wear and tear over time hasn't destroyed Hooker then I think he's a terrible match up for Allen.

Way more variety, bigger, longer, more experience, fought much better competition, fought South paw boxers in Dustin and Nasrat and did well against both. Allen also doesn't address low kicks at all, just eats them clean

Short notice fights:
Gunnar Nelson vs. Takashi Sato [SN: Sato 1 week]
Nathaniel Wood vs. Vince Morales [SN: Morales 1 week]
Jai Herbert vs. Ilia Topuria [SN: Topuria 3 weeks]

It will be interesting to see if Volkov will even be allowed to fight in the UK being Russian.

Short notice fights:
Gunnar Nelson vs. Takashi Sato [SN: Sato 1 week]
Nathaniel Wood vs. Vince Morales [SN: Morales 1 week]
Jai Herbert vs. Ilia Topuria [SN: Topuria 3 weeks]

It will be interesting to see if Volkov will even be allowed to fight in the UK being Russian.

I don't think it's going to be a problem, UFC was still advertising Volkov being in the fight as recent as last night. Getting work visas for Russians to fight in the UK may be harder in the upcoming months but I think everything is full steam ahead for this event.

Like Elise Reed, like Allen against FW Hooker, like Grundy.

Considering Aspinall and Carolina but not sure yet.

Back