UFC FN 143 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
fX2zrm0.jpg

Main Card (ESPN+)

Henry Cejudo (13-2) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (16-3) (Flyweight Championship)
Greg Hardy (3-0) vs. Allen Crowder (9-3) (Heavyweight)
Gregor Gillespie (12-0) vs. Yancy Medeiros (15-5) (Lightweight)
Joseph Benavidez (26-5) vs. Dustin Ortiz (19-7) (Flyweight)
Paige VanZant (7-4) vs. Rachael Ostovich (4-4) (Women's Flyweight)
Glover Teixeira (27-7) vs. Karl Roberson (7-1) (Light Heavyweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN)

Donald Cerrone (34-11) vs. Alexander Hernandez (10-1) (Lightweight)
Joanne Calderwood (12-3) vs. Ariane Lipski (11-3) (Women's Flyweight)
Alonzo Menifield (7-0) vs. Vinicius Moreira (9-1) (Light Heavyweight)
Mario Bautista (6-0) vs. Cory Sandhagen (9-1) (Bantamweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN+)

Dennis Bermudez (16-9) vs. Te Edwards (6-2) (Lightweight)
Belal Muhammad (14-2) vs. Geoff Neal (10-2) (Welterweight)
Chance Rencountre (12-3) vs. Kyle Stewart (11-1) (Welterweight)

Other

- As a result of the cancellation of UFC 233, a flyweight bout between former UFC Flyweight Championship challenger Joseph Benavidez and Deiveson Figueiredo was briefly linked to this event. However the following day, the promotion clarified plans indicating that the pairing was off and that Benavidez would be an alternate for the headliner bout in the event that either Cejudo or Dillashaw would be forced from the main event. On December 15, it was announced that despite still being an alternate, Benavidez would face Dustin Ortiz in a rematch.
- A bantamweight bout between Thomas Almeida and Cory Sandhagen was briefly linked to the event. However on December 22, it was announced that Sandhagen would face John Lineker in the event instead. On January 10, Lineker was forced to withdraw from the bout due to a rib injury. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Mario Bautista on January 12.
- Ion Cutelaba was expected to face former UFC Light Heavyweight Championship challenger Glover Teixeira at this event. However on January 10, it was reported that Cutelaba was forced out of the bout due to injury. He was replaced by Karl Roberson on January 11.
- Randy Brown was expected to face Chance Rencountre, but pulled out in the week leading up to the event. Dwight Grant was soon announced as his replacement, but it was later reported that he was unable to be cleared to fight due to an "eye issue". Promotional newcomer Kyle Stewart was then announced as Rencountre's new opponent on January 14.

rencountre is an animal easy win!

Didn't know in the UK I'd be able to see the prelims as well now on Fightpass, no idea if that relates to the new BT Sport or ESPN deal but I like it.

i thought it was starting at 12? I want to see the beast Rencountre!

Didn't know in the UK I'd be able to see the prelims as well now on Fightpass, no idea if that relates to the new BT Sport or ESPN deal but I like it.
Such an awful delay though. Were you previously able to watch the prelims on BTsport but now can't?
Was able to sign up to ESPN+ so now I can watch the early ones without as much delay as before, which is a big improvement, much better quality than fight pass also.
Still have to go shady stream for the prelims.

I guess one should have expected a delayed start, but this is a boring wait... A several weeks long wait

Such an awful delay though. Were you previously able to watch the prelims on BTsport but now can't?
Was able to sign up to ESPN+ so now I can watch the early ones without as much delay as before, which is a big improvement, much better quality than fight pass also.
Still have to go shady stream for the prelims.
I normally just fightpassed the early prelims then streamed the rest. This intro is getting ridiculous now though, desperately trying to fill a 2 hour slot with 3 fights.

"If you want a spectacular knockout, go to the booooodyy" with gargamel voice

-Trevor Withman

Rencountre walking out with Phil Davis makes me think he will try to stall the fight and try to get TDs.

I don't know shit about Stewart/Rencountre.

1.85 units Goes the distance -160.

Last edited:
Havent looked into this fight at all but I know Recountre is terrible and Brown would have been a money maker for a lot of people.

Back