UFC FN 148 PBP/Discussion

With the clowns/blindguys/literal retards the commissions have judging MMA fights, I wouldn't have been surprised if Pettis was getting the nod those rounds on """octagon control""" alone.

We've been seeing the exact opposite for the past few weeks, though. "Octagon Control" didn't do much for Oezdemir against Reyes, Phillips against Marshman, or even Shelton versus Espinosa tonight.

With the clowns/blindguys/literal retards the commissions have judging MMA fights, I wouldn't have been surprised if Pettis was getting the nod those rounds on """octagon control""" alone.
Im never one to give those mongoloids any credit but theres no way imo he wouldnt have been up 2-0, especially with how pettis face was starting to get busted.

Also to address other point it was a solid shot, but wonderboys chin/ age is becoming a concern 2 me
Will really be considering that going forward

We've been seeing the exact opposite for the past few weeks, though. "Octagon Control" didn't do much for Oezdemir against Reyes, Phillips against Marshman, or even Shelton versus Espinosa tonight.
fair point

I only saw live plus replay once. Do we know WB was out before he hit the mat? His head bounced off the canvas pretty good. Is it possible the punch hurt him badly but his head hitting the mat that hard is what KO'd him?

He was def out before the follow up shot.

I only saw live plus replay once. Do we know WB was out before he hit the mat? His head bounced off the canvas pretty good. Is it possible the punch hurt him badly but his head hitting the mat that hard is what KO'd him?

He was def out before the follow up shot.

here you go my boomer friend

Pettis hasn’t had a knockout since 2013 vs cerrone

Talk about flukey

1st time post Basically broke even tonight moffet killed me had him on a 2 fight Parlay with Formiga other then that all my fights hit...besides a late Peterson bet

yup and ben rothwell, which i maintain was still a robbery

yup and ben rothwell, which i maintain was still a robbery

I didn't even include that one because

1. Rothwell beat Ivanov soundly, no Octagon control necessary.
2. That robbery was a 7u swing for; still stings. Even moreso since it lead to a bad bet chasing later that night.

Just won my wonderboy money back degen live betting the blazers lol

The ups and downs of gambling

Pettis first stoppage from punches since 2008

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa I said this, not tryin to rub it in but if Pettis isn't hurt and actually comes in at 170 pounds fresh, he can land on Wonderboy. Thompson actually has poor boxing defense (you can't have good boxing defense with your hands down all the time) and has been touched up by almost all of his past opponents.

Again we see the smaller, but quicker and used to fight @ a tougher division fighter go up in weight and fuck people up (Nunes, Cormier and others). I am so happy for Pettis I can't describe it! He reinvented himself with his last couple of fights. New confidence and attitude towards the fight is turning him into vintage WEC Pettis!
giphy.gif

Again we see the smaller, but quicker and used to fight @ a tougher division fighter go up in weight and fuck people up (Nunes, Cormier and others). I am so happy for Pettis I can't describe it! He reinvented himself with his last couple of fights. New confidence and attitude towards the fight is turning him into vintage WEC Pettis!

An article from 2015: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/5/9100525/ufc-fighters-little-success-changing-weight-classes-mma

But I agree with your sentiment and add to your list: Masvidal, Cerrone. Didn't Patrick Cote even enjoy some success after moving up? Wouldn't be surprised if one or both of Cejudo and Holloway become champ-champ.

I hate weight-cutting. It is sanctioned cheating in my opinion. And it can, and has, killed fighters too. Pena looked absolutely pathetic on Friday and it should be stopped. Does someone in the UFC need to die before they do something about it?

Back