UFC FN 148 PBP/Discussion

Seems like I may have underestimated the leg kicks that Makdessi landed in Rd 1. 14/18 and Pinedo looks a little bit effected by them.

how are there not more jokes about makdessi being the canadian lobov?

Makdessi is waiting to counter, thats kinda a big part of his game, hard to do though when your opponent keeps a distance and wont engage.

Does Pinedo punch? He seeems to have forgotten about his hands.

edit - that combo at 1:40ish was pretty slick tbh, PInedo smiled a little to heartily after landing it though, like he too was surprised.

hey guys. obv havent been active in like forever. is anyone betting willis for a decent amount? just curious

If Pinedo has a Bandenay moment here, we might get decent odds to fade him next time

Makdessi completely unwilling to close distance or take even the slightest chance. He's winning, but wow is this boring.

Who won that round? 10-10. Pinedo attempted to raise the temperature in the last 30 seconds, and got some on that head kick, but was then dropped. Makdessi loves to lose splits. A little bit scared here.

Pinedo just wants to dance around peacefully, why does makdessi have to kick him so much

Makdessi completely unwilling to close distance or take even the slightest chance. He's winning, but wow is this boring.
Well, if he is clearly winning the round, why expose yourself to an opponent who isn't willing to engage you?

Baby kicks on the lead leg all day.

This reminds me of a bad PKA fight from the 80's.

His refusal to close the distance is frustrating. Even though that distance would favor him hes content with scoring leg kicks (maybe scoring).

Just an FYI. All 3 sherdog live judges had it 2-0 Makdessi coming into third. Makdessi though has to know better given his history with splits. You have to take it to your opponent. I blame Pinedo less, because I think hed simply lose more clearly if he tried to be offensive. Makdessi is a slick counter puncher.

Back