UFC FN 185 PBP/Discussion

Hawes didn't do fuck all worth of damage in round 2. Even on the ground Imavov landed more damage from the bottom.

1.2u on Hawes at a surprising -250 after round 2

Turned out be a bigger sweat than I expected, but I'm still going to call that value. I knew that Hawes was tired and Imavov would probably win round 3 (but not that he would do so much damage), but man, being up 2 rounds to 0 has to be worth a lot more than -250.

Nobody wants to put Hawes in a big fight with that gas and chin

Can you imagine Phil Hawes on short notice. Lol

Turned out be a bigger sweat than I expected, but I'm still going to call that value. I knew that Hawes was tired and Imavov would probably win round 3 (but not that he would do so much damage), but man, being up 2 rounds to 0 has to be worth a lot more than -250.
he was really hurt already in the 2nd round, there was no value on that bet, Hawes is a glass canon with a terrible gastank.

Also, I hate giving rounds to guys getting takedowns while doing nothing with them as much as anyone, but man, what argument can you make for Imavov even winning round 2, let alone round 1?

Imavov landed only a few solid punches in all of round 2, none of which did significant damage, and Hawes did land some passable GNP that was probably as much. Had Imavov done even marginally more, than sure, give him the round, but as it is?

The referee literally WARNED Hawes 5++++++++++++ times to STOP GRABBING THE FENCE...

WHAT THE FUCK????????????? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT...

I never understand this. MMA refs don't have unified rules when to deduct points? I would think one warning but if repeat offence deduct a point. If he does it +5 times should be a DQ.

Barcelos is gonna be like -700 against whoever that guy they are putting up against next weekend.

he was really hurt already in the 2nd round, there was no value on that bet, Hawes is a glass canon with a terrible gastank.

He wasn't "really hurt" in round 2. Stop listening to Blind Man Bisping.

Moreover, I knew the judges would all give Hawes round 2. But by all means, keep thinking that -250 while up 2 rounds to none is "no value". It's because of fish like you that Hawes' odds got pushed from like -370 to -250 after round 2, so thanks!

Back