UFC FN 228 PBP/Discussion

He kicked with his right foot, and his left knee blew out.
Lol, thanks for the clarification. That's ridiculous. This and an unjustified 10-8 last card. This might be a return of "the main event curse" we had a year or so ago haha

Lmao he landed like 7 punches. Yeah he got cut but Ige got owned on the mat and Mitchell landed some great leg/body kicks.

Ige definitely did more damage. Yeah it was only maybe 10 more sig strikes than Bryce but they actually did some damage.

That said, grappling for sure Bryce controlled and not a ton landed for either guy. So I get it. It's just...they yap about damage damage damage and then the guy who did none gets the nod over the guy who did a little.

Ige definitely did more damage. Yeah it was only maybe 10 more sig strikes than Bryce but they actually did some damage.

That said, grappling for sure Bryce controlled and not a ton landed for either guy. So I get it. It's just...they yap about damage damage damage and then the guy who did none gets the nod over the guy who did a little.

I honestly think damage in the terms of cuts, swelling, bruising, etc. is overrated. You have guys like the Diaz brothers who start flowing freely whenever they eat the first punch of the fight that doesn’t even hurt them and then guys like Anderson Silva who eat bombs and don’t even show a scratch.

Mitchell also outlanded Ige in significant strikes…at least according to the stats.

I honestly think damage in the terms of cuts, swelling, bruising, etc. is overrated. You have guys like the Diaz brothers who start flowing freely whenever they eat the first punch of the fight that doesn’t even hurt them and then guys like Anderson Silva who eat bombs and don’t even show a scratch.

Mitchell also outlanded Ige in significant strikes…at least according to the stats.

Yeah the cut was part of it, but also the visual effect of the few punches that landed. Bryce's head snapped back, he backed up, etc.

But yeah stats say Bryce landed more, that's true. Wouldn't have guessed it but it matters.

Yeah the cut was part of it, but also the visual effect of the few punches that landed. Bryce's head snapped back, he backed up, etc.

But yeah stats say Bryce landed more, that's true. Wouldn't have guessed it but it matters.

Another wild one from tonight is that Means absolutely melted Fialho but was showing more “damage” post fight.

Another wild one from tonight is that Means absolutely melted Fialho but was showing more “damage” post fight.

Yeah I don't mean to say damage is just how bloody or busted up a guy looks. It's also what it visually looks like when shots land. Do they visually have an effect on the opponent, etc.

Honestly I feel my Fiziev read was 100% accurate. Gamrot was gonna struggle with those takedowns. Loss feels as fluky as anything I've ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spartaa
Back