UFC FOX 28 - Stephens vs Emmett - Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blessing to be here, full time fighter, being on Fox is big, I will shine out there, I've wanted to fight Perry for a while, never knew it would be so soon, he knows what I can do, he was at the Institute with me, we have the same power and that was 1.5 years ago, he's shorter, he's wild, he can't even hold his hands up after the first round, he fights like a bull, I'm a matador, he's raw, UFC has only seen 10% of what I can do, he's a clown, he doesn't intimate me one bit

My bet is exactly the same so we will win or fall together.

I had no problems putting 1.5u on Sheldon at +120 after watching Perez at the early weigh in. If Perez is as dry as i think he is, he will struggle with the takedowns and round 2 and three will be a nightmate for him.

Those are some tough fights to pick. Jeremy Stephens is one of those fighters that's tough to bet against.
But overall its a great fight card.- Good luck with those who bet.

last minute fight, 5 weeks to prepare, it's not super last minute, where I only focus on getting in shape, but just enough time where I'm not freaking out for 2 months about the fight, hurt my toe so I was out for a bit, we tried to replace her last fight, when he opponent pulled out, but I was heavy, so I got a few weeks to get in shape, I put on weight because I was injured, I was 138 when i got the call (first time), heaviest I've ever been, but she didn't accept the fight (mid-Jan), her best attribute is her volume, she's tall, if you go into her range, she doesn't hit anything but it looks good, I have to stay above her punch count, not let her out point me, reach she might have me by an inch or two, my last fight I won, it was tough for me, taught me I have to throw extra punches, I have to make sure I don't throw one punch at a time, last time I might have landed the harder punch but not last punch, She's chiny too, I have to outscore her, if it stays standing I can drop her, she might try to take me down, or pull guard, I question her power, I work on my wrestling, I don't plan too much, I play alot of Skyrim

Those are some tough fights to pick. Jeremy Stephens is one of those fighters that's tough to bet against.
But overall its a great fight card.- Good luck with those who bet.

Definitely some tough picks but the harder the pick the bigger the chance that the underdogs have is how I see it.

Definitely some tough picks but the harder the pick the bigger the chance that the underdogs have is how I see it.
yes and also the harder the pick, the less you get on your return with the odds being so close. My locks for the card are Prachnio, Yahya and Andrade.

Very small stabs at:

Latifi KO +735
Griffin KO +720
Kelleher sub +905

I always stay in shape, I think the UFC likes me, 2 of 3 bonuses, people will find out who I am finally, if he misses weight, I'll still fight him, fight him like dillashaw fought him, alot of pressure, angles, get him frustrated, flat footed, he gasses out in the later rounds, long island MMA, now train at 10th planet, I'm lighter than normal, extra miles, extra laps, eating clean, always looking for the finish, he might want to take me to the ground, put the pressure on him, show him no respect, I belong here, beating a former world champ

Emmett
Andrade
Saint Preux
Perry (obvious)
Saunders
Barao

I've been trying to get a fight for a while, wanted Dec fight, I was training the entire time, 2017 sucked, got caught against Price, it happens, I want a KO or FOTN, when they pick the fight I didn't want it, but I didn't have any options, both southpaws, once I get this win, I'll have more leverage, he has really long reach, knees, alot to be wary of, I'm more explosive, smooth, I'll put him away, training harder than I ever have, never lost two in the row, sparring at Blackhouse, Sean Strickland, Kevin Casey, I do some acting, podcasts

2u on Eric Shelton at +115 at 5Dimes. He's been getting bet everywhere and the line plummeting at most books since Perez missed weight. This wasn't one of those "good" missed weights, these are flyweights and Perez looked drained at the early weigh-ins.

More comfortable at TAM now, training with guys bigger than me, Faber pushes me very hard, drills going from standup to takedown, I have speed, power, harder guys I train with is Faber and Cody, now I have every partner pushing me to the max

2u on Eric Shelton at +115 at 5Dimes. He's been getting bet everywhere and the line plummeting at most books since Perez missed weight. This wasn't one of those "good" missed weights, these are flyweights and Perez looked drained at the early weigh-ins.

Yeah hit it too same price. Waiting to see his rd2 and rd3 lines when they are up too. Also did Shelton itd +428 for a bit.

So.... I didn't wanna bet this card because its champions league season for me

But Emmett is a big dog on my book still?
Is this real life..?

I'm not impressed with Stephens that much I fully expected this to be evens or Emmett as a favourite but an underdog?

Literally see this as a passing of the torch kinda match up

Debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back