UFC is still disrespecting Jose Aldo's legacy till this day

#1 They keep spouting off some new bullshit everyday about this new guy being the GOAT that guy being the new GOAT... all for the purposes of marketing. Aldo has 7 UFC title defenses and 2 of those came in the WEC which they acquired... how the fuck can anyone but this guy be the GOAT of the FW division? One day Dana is on Volk's jock the next day he's riding Max saying he's the FW goat.

#2 I just checked the main card of UFC 301 in Brazil and they put Jose Aldo as the co main event under Pantoja. Are you fucking kidding me? Aldo is a legend and most people that will fill that stadium will be there to watch him not Pantoja.

#3 They never gave him any big money fights... they just gave him killer after killer after killer. Even when he wanted to move up to fight for the LW title they never let him... he could have been a double champ (the first?).

How they treated Jose Aldo is unjust.. throw him a god damn bone for Christ sake. This is all happening because he never wanted to promote his fights and instead was a silent killer. So they fed him to the dogs.

#ALDOSTILLGOAT

View attachment 1040358
even if they gave him what should be a big money fight it probably wouldn't draw cause he could never sell a fight

Title defenses are great and all but I'd say 145 got a bit better recenty. UFC didn't even have a 145 division until they absorbed the WEC. Also even tho Aldo had 7 defenses and Max 3, Max beat a lot more than 3 title fight worthy guys. Cub Swanson, Ricardo Lamas, Oliveira, Pettis, Edgar, Allen, Yair etc.. Not saying either guy is better than the other but don't underestimate Max's accomplishments. Volk is probably #3 just going off of resume. Aldo and Max are Very close. Volk beat Max 3x but other than that he beat Ortega, Yair, old Aldo and Mendes and old Zombie that was a Massive underdog. That's it. Still an amazing fighter but he jas a very short list of names on his resume compared to Aldo and Max.

Last edited:
they put Jose Aldo as the co main event under Pantoja. Are you fucking kidding me? Aldo is a legend and most people that will fill that stadium will be there to watch him not Pantoja.
It's a non-title fight and Aldo has been retired for years. Pantoja is the current FLW champion so it makes sense that his title fight will be above Aldo's.

#2 I just checked the main card of UFC 301 in Brazil and they put Jose Aldo as the co main event under Pantoja. Are you fucking kidding me? Aldo is a legend and most people that will fill that stadium will be there to watch him not Pantoja.
When's the last time a non title fight was higher on the card than a title fight.

As far as I can remember it was 100 cards ago (Lesnard vs Hunt)

1. Title fights take priority over the main event
2. The main event doesn't have to be the fan favorite fight. Look at 300 with the BMF fight
3. Jose Aldo has one more fight on his contract. He may be coming out of retirement just to settle his contract

#1 They keep spouting off some new bullshit everyday about this new guy being the GOAT that guy being the new GOAT... all for the purposes of marketing. Aldo has 7 UFC title defenses and 2 of those came in the WEC which they acquired... how the fuck can anyone but this guy be the GOAT of the FW division? One day Dana is on Volk's jock the next day he's riding Max saying he's the FW goat.

#3 They never gave him any big money fights... they just gave him killer after killer after killer. Even when he wanted to move up to fight for the LW title they never let him... he could have been a double champ (the first?).

How they treated Jose Aldo is unjust.. throw him a god damn bone for Christ sake. This is all happening because he never wanted to promote his fights and instead was a silent killer. So they fed him to the dogs.

#ALDOSTILLGOAT

View attachment 1040358
It's not just Aldo, it's anyone that has left and isn't the shiny new thing for the UFC. There isn't anyone more disrespected than GSP by the UFC imho. Also Couture is another good example.

Why doesn't Max beating and stopping Aldo twice count as deciding factor ? It's not like Aldo was old

Not sure
They would probably make exceptions. Depends who the main event is. If it was like Jones aspinall maybe not.
To my knowledge, technically Conor's never been in a non title fight over a title fight

He headlined over heavier title fights twice, both WW (i looked this up recently for a different thread). Once when he was FW champ fighting Eddie for the LW belt, and once when he was  supposed to fight Aldo for the FW belt, but turned into interim vs Mendes.

*edit: Well color me fucked, the Diaz fight! Yeah, the first time he tried to go from FW champ to LW champ. To be fair, the original booking WAS where it was supposed to be, at the headliner, but yeah, usually the UFC will change the order if something like this happens. Instead, Conor main evented a non title over a title

Last edited:
if aldo spoke english he would be seen more favorably

unfortunately to the majority of the low information mainstream fans aldo's career is seen to be on par with someone like rda.

i agree with op.... it is extremely disrespectful and disappointing how his career is viewed. Also fuck joe rogan for tainting his career with steroid accusations to build up connor.
Aldo diehards are some of the weirdest folk ever my god.

Aldo is maybe the most accurately represented, and reasonably presented fighters in all of goat discussion. He was never ever treated unfairly, his career is viewed by most as all time great, why does anyone ever make aldo out to be a victim of something??? He was always treated more than fair by the UFC, all things considered

Aldo diehards are some of the weirdest folk ever my god.

Aldo is maybe the most accurately represented, and reasonably presented fighters in all of goat discussion. He was never ever treated unfairly, his career is viewed by most as all time great, why does anyone ever make aldo out to be a victim of something??? He was always treated more than fair by the UFC, all things considered
i mean rogan did poison the well with the steroid allegations. they are quick to move max/volk ahead of ihm in goat discussions despite max saying he never surpassed him. the ufc will celebrate aldo on the same level as cerrone and rda when it's all said and done.

i mean rogan did poison the well with the steroid allegations. they are quick to move max/volk ahead of ihm in goat discussions despite max saying he never surpassed him. the ufc will celebrate aldo on the same level as cerrone and rda when it's all said and done.
Rda and cerrone both have clos to twice as many fights in the UFC bare in mind..

Also bare in mind that aldo is not the run away goat of his division, of the divisional goats no one has stiffer competition than the fw goat. And that's not disrespectful to Aldo to Claim max or volk superior

Last edited:
GOAT is about as fluid as gender in the UFC.

Aldo had a great run and his resume is still more impressive than Khabib's, imho.

Are you really claiming that a loss means nothing?
That'd be silly. But Max was 26 in his 21st/22nd professional fight, and first few at championship level, Aldo was in his 29th/30th fight and 13th/14th championship level fight. He was also 30-31 years old. He already had a legacy/career completed by the time Max fought him, so no, losing to Max doesn't detract from Aldo's greatness he already achieved.

It did prevent him from achieving higher, of course.

Well, Pantoja is the champ and is defending his belt.

Aldo is fighting a guy not even in the top 10.

Back