UFC keeps trying to feed Islam short notice fighters

Volkanovski was eager to step in for Charles. Not the UFCs fault Charles pulle out. Arman is not fighting Islam, it's Dustin who pretty much knew about it even before his last fight Ali told him.
Gamrot was literally the already agreed upon backup who had been in camp and on weight.

So yeah, people are going to point it out when they miraculusly avoided that for a 10 day notice, post surgery Volk instead.

The same people defending Islam's obvious bullshit manipulations are the same people back in the day who would complain that Conor kept getting opponents on short notice when his original ones pulled out.

Once you understand that Sherdog never changes and it's just people arguing depending on if they like or dislike fighters everything makes sense.

Gamrot was literally the already agreed upon backup who had been in camp and on weight.

So yeah, people are going to point it out when they miraculusly avoided that for a 10 day notice, post surgery Volk instead.
I don’t think Gamrot was ever considered. The point of the backup fighter is so they have someone to step in if something happens a day or two before the fight when it would be next to impossible to find someone.

If they had put Gamrot in who do you think they get to weigh in as a backup on less than two weeks notice?

You left out that Charles had to turn around quickly after Gaethje for their title fight to occur in Abu Dhabi for Islam meanwhile Islam had been sitting out since February. Where he fought another short notice opponent in Green, which got him a title shot despite having never fought a top 5 LW when he got his title shot.

Then he only turned around so quickly (he's actually been fighting October/Feb for awhile) for Volk because Volk was a FW he himself called out. Fighting him sooner rather than later prevents him from bulking up properly to come up to LW which he's not used to.

Everybody knows Islam only fights when the advantages are in his favour.
And everybody knows the reason you stink up every Islam and Khabib thread is because Khabib leathered the shit out of Conor. It's hilarious watching you still cry about that fight :) Rent free pal.

You left out that Charles had to turn around quickly after Gaethje for their title fight to occur in Abu Dhabi for Islam meanwhile Islam had been sitting out since February. Where he fought another short notice opponent in Green, which got him a title shot despite having never fought a top 5 LW when he got his title shot.

Then he only turned around so quickly (he's actually been fighting October/Feb for awhile) for Volk because Volk was a FW he himself called out. Fighting him sooner rather than later prevents him from bulking up properly to come up to LW which he's not used to.

Everybody knows Islam only fights when the advantages are in his favour.
You left our quite a bit yourself.

-Oliveira’s turnaround was actually slightly longer than it was for the Chandler and Gaethje fights. No complaining there because it was a desirable outcome for you though.

-Islam was scheduled against a top contender who pulled out, so he fought a replacement. Why’s that a knock against him, only a hater can understand.

-Who deserved the shot more? Dariush was the only other viable contender at the time, but he pulled out against Islam. Do you reward Dariush anyways? Or sit Oliveira for a year so they can fight each other?

-Volk was replacement for 280 and it was known he would challenge the winner. He was preparing for it before Islam was preparing for him. He also had a much longer turnaround, which you previously chastised Islam for having against Charles,

-Only fights to his advantage, but short turnaround and in his opponent’s backyard. And as @Jackonfire pointed out, the only time Australia changed hydration windows which was again, not to his advantage.

Now go on with your insults when you can’t challenge the facts laid out as you did in the other thread.

And everybody knows the reason you stink up every Islam and Khabib thread is because Khabib leathered the shit out of Conor. It's hilarious watching you still cry about that fight :) Rent free pal.

Interestingly this is the first time I've seen him not shilling for the UFC's business decisions. I guess his Islam hate must override that.

Plenty of matchups to be made ala Khabib.
Don't need to see plenty of rematches.

Respect to Islam for giving Dustin a title shot.
I want to like Islam, he needs to lose the arrogance and speak more humbly and respectful.
Accepting this fight is good in my eyes. Respect.

Plenty of matchups to be made ala Khabib.
Don't need to see plenty of rematches.

Respect to Islam for giving Dustin a title shot.
I want to like Islam, he needs to lose the arrogance and speak more humbly and respectful.
Accepting this fight is good in my eyes. Respect.
Someone needs to humble him. Give him Max. Khabib had that same arrogance. He was a pull out merchant. Constantly injured and would miss weight due to being HUGE at 155. Khabib was very protective about his record. This isn't me bashing Khabib. Those are the facts his nuthuggers won't admit. They'll make excuses for him. Those same nuthuggers cover for Islam but Islam isn't nearly as fragile as Khabib injury wise, doesn't pull out as many fights or miss weight.

Islam cannot win in the eyes of his critics. After the first Volk fight they said he lost and would avoid a rematch at all costs, then he knocked Volk out in the first round. After that they claimed he cherrypicked a FW and he should’ve fought Poirier, well now he’s booked against Dustin and they are accusing him of avoiding the most deserving contender. All the while they’ve kept up this silly narrative that he’s avoiding a rematch with Oliveira despite Charles being the one that pulled out of their rematch.

They also preemptively started criticizing him because they just assumed he’d only fight once this year but now he’s book to fight in a couple months but they don’t like the matchup so they say he should wait till later in the year.

What exactly do you want from the guy?
They want him to wait an additional 2-3 months to fight Arman. But they will simultaneously criticize him sitting out and devalue a win because Arman turned around quickly while Islam had a year off.

Had he fought Oliveira earlier this year, it would have been he’s only fighting the same two guys. If he fought Gaethje, it would have been getting an easy win over a guy with no wrestling. There is always a spin if you want there to be.

The UFC keeps attempting to book Islam against short notice fighters who are obviously at a disadvantage, and the guy only fights in countries where he has an advantage in rehydration. They booked him against fat untrained volk on short notice in the rematch, then they tried to book islam vs Arman 1 month notice. Are the UFC just trying to feed islam short notice, compromised fighters at a disadvantage to build up Islams resume?
Can you name one fighter that was forced to turn around against their will and sign for a fight against Islam on short notice?

I'm just curious, you and a few other guys here have been pushing this narrative. Unless there is a bit of dishonesty from you guys when you try to characterize his opponents pulling out and a short notice replacement coming in as "the UFC forcing opponents to fight Islam on short notice"? Surely not, you and the pinnacle of sane and honest discussion @markg171 would never try to use bad faith arguments.

Islams title reign is just an extra long yawn for me at this point. It's putting me to sleep, just wake me up when his mommy says he can't fight anymore.
Finishing Do Bronx, winning an all-time classic against a generational talent in Volk on Volks home soil, and then KOing a short notice Volk when he was supposed to have a showdown with Charles again. Seems like a pretty exciting 3 fight stretch.

Finishing Do Bronx, winning an all-time classic against a generational talent in Volk on Volks home soil, and then KOing a short notice Volk when he was supposed to have a showdown with Charles again. Seems like a pretty exciting 3 fight stretch.
Nah, finishing a guy that has been beaten on the ground 6+ times now and then beating a FW makes me shrug.

I wont take away they are "solid" wins, but if they aren't top LW wins, i really dont care.

Glad you're having fun though.

Interestingly this is the first time I've seen him not shilling for the UFC's business decisions. I guess his Islam hate must override that.
The highest power is always Conor above anything. That was the first crush. Yeah though, known boot licking shill too. Talk about two hills do die on, must be a great guy irl :)

They want him to wait an additional 2-3 months to fight Arman.
Yes...? Why should Arman have to fight on 6 weeks notice after just beating Charles when they could just wait a bit so he gets a camp like Islam's getting.

The holdup is entirely on Islam refusing to have fought earlier or later. Not Arman.
But they will simultaneously criticize him sitting out and devalue a win because Arman turned around quickly while Islam had a year off.
Uh yes. Islam was both perfectly capable of fighting earlier or later for a proper fight and instead arbitrarily forced a bullshit date of June 1 to get Dustin instead of his actual contenders, or them on bullshit circumstances if they agreed to his nonsense.
Had he fought Oliveira earlier this year, it would have been he’s only fighting the same two guys. If he fought Gaethje, it would have been getting an easy win over a guy with no wrestling. There is always a spin if you want there to be.
Once again yes, seeing as both result in better situations than suddenly showing up to fight 35 year old Poirier coming off beating #13. Instead of either of the guys who finished him.

Back