UFC keeps trying to feed Islam short notice fighters

Nah, finishing a guy that has been beaten on the ground 6+ times now and then beating a FW makes me shrug.

I wont take away they are "solid" wins, but if they aren't top LW wins, i really dont care.

Glad you're having fun though.
Thats fair, but thats a poor way to characterize Charles and Volk. Both who were on massive win-streaks and were picked by a large percentage of Sherdog to win, Charles in particular was picked at a 75% clip.

I will continue to enjoy Makhachev's brilliant use and mixing of wrestling, Judo, and fundamental and efficient counterstriking. Him vs Arman is going to be my potential fight of the year, if they both come in on point.

Gamrot was literally the already agreed upon backup who had been in camp and on weight.

So yeah, people are going to point it out when they miraculusly avoided that for a 10 day notice, post surgery Volk instead.
Volks problem for jumping in

I see now they asked for Arman

Fighters make choices

But Aljo got set up fir a O miley win. Got him injured less prepared.

short notice with fight camp
short notice without fight camp

So Islam is going into fight camp and when he's halfway through the camp they're starting to look for opponents for him? That sounds kinda weird.

So Islam is going into fight camp and when he's halfway through the camp they're starting to look for opponents for him? That sounds kinda weird.
Islam has never been the one to jump in on short notice, it's miraculously his opponents who always have a short camp. Eagle MMA manages its fighters intelligently, none of their fighters have jumped into a fight without a proper camp.

Yes...? Why should Arman have to fight on 6 weeks notice after just beating Charles when they could just wait a bit so he gets a camp like Islam's getting.

The holdup is entirely on Islam refusing to have fought earlier or later. Not Arman.

Uh yes. Islam was both perfectly capable of fighting earlier or later for a proper fight and instead arbitrarily forced a bullshit date of June 1 to get Dustin instead of his actual contenders, or them on bullshit circumstances if they agreed to his nonsense.

Once again yes, seeing as both result in better situations than suddenly showing up to fight 35 year old Poirier coming off beating #13. Instead of either of the guys who finished him.
Missing the point…. Again. Now we can argue about the circumstances of him fighting earlier this year, which you’ve already done with like 10 people and haven’t accepted any other explanation. So that’s clearly a pointless conversation to have with you. But it’s the past, it’s done, no amount of crying will change it. So the question is, what’s the best course of action now with the given circumstances?

Do you really believe sitting Islam for an additional 2-3 months minimum and it being his only fight this year is better than Islam fighting in June (where the promotion needs a headliner) and then fighting Arman later this year? Seems pretty obvious what the best solution is.

seems like a smart play, he's the champ, he has a better chance at dictating schedule.

Volks problem for jumping in

I see now they asked for Arman

Fighters make choices

But Aljo got set up fir a O miley win. Got him injured less prepared.
Why would it be Volk's problem for stepping in? Of course he should take a free title shot in a weight class he doesn't even fight in. It's all uphill but all upside too.

That doesn't suddenly excuse that Islam miraculously once again took the short notice opponent instead of Gamrot who was the already agreed upon backup fighter who had been training, in camp, on weight, on scene, and was a ranked LW.

Truly miraculous how that keeps happening.

Missing the point…. Again. Now we can argue about the circumstances of him fighting earlier this year, which you’ve already done with like 10 people and haven’t accepted any other explanation. So that’s clearly a pointless conversation to have with you. But it’s the past, it’s done, no amount of crying will change it. So the question is, what’s the best course of action now with the given circumstances?

Do you really believe sitting Islam for an additional 2-3 months minimum and it being his only fight this year is better than Islam fighting in June (where the promotion needs a headliner) and then fighting Arman later this year? Seems pretty obvious what the best solution is.
You really sure love skating around the issue that Islam only can magically fight whenever and wherever he wants to.

Cause here you're just completely skating right past that this magical "two fights this year or 1" is entirely predicated on him having:

- first stayed out all year for no reason
- only wants to fight on June 1 and not June 29, July, or August
- so that he can once again fight on the October Abu Dhabi card and not any of the other PPVs afterwards

They should teach skating classes on your ability to just blindside right past that it's literally all caused by Islam's miraculously coincidental scheduling of fighting when and where it advantages him. And not just fighting on reasonable timelines like everybody else does.

Putting Islam as a top 3 LW while never having beaten the #1 contender would indeed be quite the joke.
He did better than beat the #1 LW contender, he beat the #1 P4P fighter twice. And got the belt from the #2 P4P. Islam has the best start to a title reign (in terms of quality competition) than any champ in UFC history, and it's not even close.

PS. a featherweight just KO'd the #1 LW contender, so spare the "Islam only defends against featherweights" bullshit.

You really sure love skating around the issue that Islam only can magically fight whenever and wherever he wants to.

Cause here you're just completely skating right past that this magical "two fights this year or 1" is entirely predicated on him having:

- first stayed out all year for no reason
- only wants to fight on June 1 and not June 29, July, or August
- so that he can once again fight on the October Abu Dhabi card and not any of the other PPVs afterwards

They should teach skating classes on your ability to just blindside right past that it's literally all caused by Islam's miraculously coincidental scheduling of fighting when and where it advantages him. And not just fighting on reasonable timelines like everybody else does.
I’m not skating around anything, I already said this conversation has been discussed with you many times by many people and you refused any and all explanations. You’ve refused to answer questions multiple times now. But let address your points again.

-Stayed out all year for no reason. He publicly asked for a fight in March as early as November, which did not come to fruition. I’m sure you’ll never accept any explanation except he was not actually going to fight, but main events for 297, 298, and 299 had been set just 2 weeks after his last fight and it is likely the promotion opted not to book him because they didn’t need him. There is no evidence he was officially offered and declined any fight during this time period before 300. And also, this turnaround is one you deemed too quick for Oliveira, so isn’t it quick for Islam? Or is that just if you like the fighter?

-Only wants to fight on June 1. Well, we’ve previously discussed the other events already have main events and the UFC was not going to book him on any of those cards regardless. But let’s pretend they would. You’ve derided him for only fighting when opponent has short turnaround. Would that not be the case if he fought Arman on any of those cards? Why is it different now? Or is it just an insurance way to discredit him?

-Who says he’ll only fight in October and in Abu Dhabi? Or is this just an assumption based on nothing? And why does this matter? The UFC likes to book their biggest Muslim star on a card in a Muslim country as they do with other fighters when they’re having events in their home countries. But nah, it’s a conspiracy to help Islam and Abu Dhabi and only Abu Dhabi is a problem.

I’m not skating around anything, I already said this conversation has been discussed with you many times by many people and you refused any and all explanations. You’ve refused to answer questions multiple times now. But let address your points again.

-Stayed out all year for no reason. He publicly asked for a fight in March as early as November, which did not come to fruition. I’m sure you’ll never accept any explanation except he was not actually going to fight, but main events for 297, 298, and 299 had been set just 2 weeks after his last fight and it is likely the promotion opted not to book him because they didn’t need him. There is no evidence he was officially offered and declined any fight during this time period before 300. And also, this turnaround is one you deemed too quick for Oliveira, so isn’t it quick for Islam? Or is that just if you like the fighter?

-Only wants to fight on June 1. Well, we’ve previously discussed the other events already have main events and the UFC was not going to book him on any of those cards regardless. But let’s pretend they would. You’ve derided him for only fighting when opponent has short turnaround. Would that not be the case if he fought Arman on any of those cards? Why is it different now? Or is it just an insurance way to discredit him?

-Who says he’ll only fight in October and in Abu Dhabi? Or is this just an assumption based on nothing? And why does this matter? The UFC likes to book their biggest Muslim star on a card in a Muslim country as they do with other fighters when they’re having events in their home countries. But nah, it’s a conspiracy to help Islam and Abu Dhabi and only Abu Dhabi is a problem.
I hope you've got some prime real estate in the bath tub

As expected, defaults to poor insults again when confronted with facts. What’s this? Three-four times now?
Yes we've gone over it many times now how Islam only ever fights when and where it benefits him.

Shocking news to nobody but you.

tyo8bexeh1m81.jpg

I don’t think Gamrot was ever considered. The point of the backup fighter is so they have someone to step in if something happens a day or two before the fight when it would be next to impossible to find someone.

If they had put Gamrot in who do you think they get to weigh in as a backup on less than two weeks notice?

Islam flat out said he had the choice between Gamrot, poirier, and volk, and that he chose volk.

Yes we've gone over it many times now how Islam only ever fights when and where it benefits him.

Shocking news to nobody but you.

tyo8bexeh1m81.jpg
When you’re done with your ad hominem flailing and actually want to address a single point I made get at me.

When you’re done with your ad hominem flailing and actually want to address a single point I made get at me.
You are wasting your time. He is a troll, he has no answer to even the basic questions that test his arguments and defaults to his dialogue tree with weak insults.

I can appreciate a good troll, except he pops a fuse when someone besmirches the good name of Jon Jones, the UFC, or Dana White, which is hilarious.

Back