UFC keeps trying to feed Islam short notice fighters

idk if ufc is trying to feed him short notice fighters, but he needs to fight more, and fight people in his division.

You are wasting your time. He is a troll, he has no answer to even the basic questions that test his arguments and defaults to his dialogue tree with weak insults.

I can appreciate a good troll, except he pops a fuse when someone besmirches the good name of Jon Jones, the UFC, or Dana White, which is hilarious.
Oh I’m well aware of who I’m dealing with. This is just a time killer at work for me, it’s not that serious. I know he’s overwhelmingly biased and can’t hold up to scrutiny. Notice in my first post to him I called that he would turn to insults when he couldn’t back it up. Gotta keep ‘em in check sometimes.

Islam flat out said he had the choice between Gamrot, poirier, and volk, and that he chose volk.
He also said he was surprised when they said he was fighting Volk because he expected it to be Gamrot. Either way I don’t believe they ever actually wanted to put Gamrot in, because that would mean they would have to find a new backup and I can’t imagine there would be many fighters willing under those circumstances.

He also said he was surprised when they said he was fighting Volk because he expected it to be Gamrot. Either way I don’t believe they ever actually wanted to put Gamrot in, because that would mean they would have to find a new backup and I can’t imagine there would be many fighters willing under those circumstances.

source for that? I know he said he was surprised that Volk was an option, but once the options were laid out for him, he flat out said he chose volk, and that he could have chosen poirier or gamrot. I don't understand how this is even debatable. I don't think Islam lied. "I could chose any other opponent, we have gamrot, we have poirier, everybody ready to fight for belt, but I give you second chance"

Last edited:
source for that? I know he said he was surprised that Volk was an option, but once the options were laid out for him, he flat out said he chose volk, and that he could have chosen poirier or gamrot. I don't understand how this is even debatable. I don't think Islam lied.

Title of the article is a bit misleading but Islam says he expected Gamrot but it wasn’t a big surprise that it was Volk.

Why would it be Volk's problem for stepping in? Of course he should take a free title shot in a weight class he doesn't even fight in. It's all uphill but all upside too.

That doesn't suddenly excuse that Islam miraculously once again took the short notice opponent instead of Gamrot who was the already agreed upon backup fighter who had been training, in camp, on weight, on scene, and was a ranked LW.

Truly miraculous how that keeps happening.

When did it happen. Volk and Boby Green ?

Watch the video I posted. It is islam literally speaking saying he had the choice. Obviously UFC gets the LAST word on the matter, but islam clearly stated he made a choice. Beyond that, whether the ufc would or would not have allowed gamrot to fight, is all conjecture.

Islam wouldn't have to take short notice fights if his original opponents don't pull in the first place or does Islam force them to pull out? Stupid thread.
That’s really all this thread is, isn’t it? Fighters keep pulling out against Islam and he accepts the replacement opponent. Why is the UFC protecting him?

I’d wager the same people that say this would say Islam is being ducked by everybody if he was a fighter they liked. I don’t think that’s true, pull outs just happen, but you just know they would.

Watch the video I posted. It is islam literally speaking saying he had the choice. Obviously UFC gets the LAST word on the matter, but islam clearly stated he made a choice. Beyond that, whether the ufc would or would not have allowed gamrot to fight, is all conjecture.
Maybe he did choose Volk, I didn’t say otherwise. I’m just saying I think Gamrot was a last resort for them. Putting him in would mean they need to find a new backup fighter on two weeks notice or whatever it was, which again, I’m sure would be rather tough.

Interesting, he chose the toughest matchup he could get at that time. A true champion.

When did it happen. Volk and Boby Green ?
He's literally fighting Poirier next in 6 weeks after having sat out since October rather than having just fought Charles or Justin earlier this year on proper notice, or now waiting an extra few weeks/months for new contenders Arman and Holloway on proper notice either.

And Poirier meanwhile is getting this only a month since his last fight. It's not exactly like Poirier's in a great position to fight either. He's just in a better position than Arman or Holloway with his extra month since his last fight.

You know, the whole thing that he could just give to Arman or Holloway to give us a more proper title fight instead of insisting he's only fighting June 1 which jams through Poirier instead.

It's repeatedly occured where Islam keeps conveniently ending up with all the cards stacked in his favour when he suddenly decides when and where he's capable of fighting. It's clearly intentional at this point.

He chose the biggest money fight. Everyone knew, islam Included, that volk was coming off elbow surgery. Islam himself said the fight was happening because of money.

It is what it is.
I doubt Islam did it for the money, I think he chose Volk cause that was the guy blocking him from P4P #1 even after he beat him. To do it again and prove all the doubters wrong is what I think motivated him to take that fight.

Had Islam not taken that fight against Volk and it came out he had the option to fight Volk and he didnt... Oh lord I can only imagine the kind of fighter bashing Islam would have received.

I doubt Islam did it for the money, I think he chose Volk cause that was the guy blocking him from P4P #1 even after he beat him. To do it again and prove all the doubters wrong is what I think motivated him to take that fight.

Had Islam not taken that fight against Volk and it came out he had the option to fight Volk and he didnt... Oh lord I can only imagine the kind of fighter bashing Islam would have received.

Islam was more transparent and honest about that situation than his fans are and it's really weird. Whatever islam's intentions were, he made it clear that he had the choice and he made it clear that he knew volk wasn't really prepared. I'm not suggesting he intentionally ducked anyone -- i'm just saying, people act like things were completely out of his hands in that situation and that he had no choice but to fight a fw on short notice because of charles pulling out, when clearly, according to himself, he had some choice. It's all good though. you can read into all that how you like.

Now we're on to Poirier vs. Islam and I'm just looking forward to seeing Islam fight.

Islam was more transparent and honest about that situation than his fans are and it's really weird. Whatever islam's intentions were, he made it clear that he had the choice and he made it clear that he knew volk wasn't really prepared. I'm not suggesting he intentionally ducked anyone -- i'm just saying, people act like things were completely out of his hands in that situation and that he had no choice but to fight a fw on short notice because of charles pulling out, when clearly, according to himself, he had some choice. It's all good though. you can read into all that how you like.

Now we're on to Poirier vs. Islam and I'm just looking forward to seeing Islam fight.
Islam isnt the lying type so I would have to say you're right then but then again pretty weird that some people are trying to force Volk 2 fight as some sort of stain on Islam resume lol. No matter how short notice doing what Islam did that night was effin impressive.

Me too. I hope he keeps the fight on feet, want to see more of Islam stand up it seems to be getting better for every fight.

Btw I haven't asked what was your reaction to Charles performance against Arman?

You left out that Charles had to turn around quickly after Gaethje for their title fight to occur in Abu Dhabi for Islam meanwhile Islam had been sitting out since February. Where he fought another short notice opponent in Green, which got him a title shot despite having never fought a top 5 LW when he got his title shot.

Then he only turned around so quickly (he's actually been fighting October/Feb for awhile) for Volk because Volk was a FW he himself called out. Fighting him sooner rather than later prevents him from bulking up properly to come up to LW which he's not used to.

Everybody knows Islam only fights when the advantages are in his favour.
You conveniently left out the fact that Volk was actually targeted as the next fight for whoever won between Islam and Charles. It was even announced by Dana pre-fight and Volk himself presented himself as the next fight up.
You make it appear that Islam was the impetus for that next fight to happen.
Which, of course, is on brand with you.
Cheeky, little talent you have for that pathetic propaganda of yers.

No, you're not.
<{outtahere}>

You left our quite a bit yourself.

-Oliveira’s turnaround was actually slightly longer than it was for the Chandler and Gaethje fights. No complaining there because it was a desirable outcome for you though.

-Islam was scheduled against a top contender who pulled out, so he fought a replacement. Why’s that a knock against him, only a hater can understand.

-Who deserved the shot more? Dariush was the only other viable contender at the time, but he pulled out against Islam. Do you reward Dariush anyways? Or sit Oliveira for a year so they can fight each other?

-Volk was replacement for 280 and it was known he would challenge the winner. He was preparing for it before Islam was preparing for him. He also had a much longer turnaround, which you previously chastised Islam for having against Charles,

-Only fights to his advantage, but short turnaround and in his opponent’s backyard. And as @Jackonfire pointed out, the only time Australia changed hydration windows which was again, not to his advantage.

Now go on with your insults when you can’t challenge the facts laid out as you did in the other thread.
Feel sad for this, dude, TBH.
He is really adamant with this shtick (which I hope it only is, otherwise that would be even sadder).

Back