Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

I hope this thing their on about in August is good. Better be (in the words Micheal chiesa) after bt tried to check all UK fan's oil.

I agree, it's gonna have to be and it'll be interesting to see what he was on about too.

They have to do these changes, he explained that to me also so if they do nothing and don't follow up as they've said they had planned, they'll fail, if they continue to do what they did with the 239, they'll fail so the choice really is in their hands.

As I say, despite this BT Sport have been fantastic for the UFC, baffles me why they want to ruin themselves like this but ya know.

The whole PPV model from day one was designed to rinse and rip off fans, it's just a pure greed thing that's been around that long some fans have defended it and seen it as the norm when it's really not.

@brainz I saw an advert on BT Sport last night saying something about August, I didn't catch the advert fully however it was on last night during UFC Now (awesome show!).

From what I can gather though it was advertising how BT Sport is on the Playstation now which it has been for a while so I'm not sure what the August thing was about, however I heard it mention something about August anyway so at least we know that what he mentioned to me on the phone about August has something with it, so lets see.

He did sound promising with it simply because they've been hit so much by this (I'm surprised they even told me so much in regards to that sense but he was really honest), the only thing he couldn't disclose was exactly what the August specifics would be (obviously) but he did say it's going to be very pleasing like before, if not more, but of course we'll see in regards to that first.

They're gonna have to anyway otherwise they're just going to go completely downhill and it baffles me they would even do that to themselves when he also even told me they were winning and it was unreal how fast and much BT Sport was growing due to them having UFC the way they did and the new subscribers coming in constantly so fast all the time, it's ridiculous they would even try this but they obviously got greedy and thought they could pull one on us yet failed and got hit with some crazy backlash and unreal cancellations.

The US should take a leaf out of our book and do the same, it's been way too long they've been having to put up with this shit and hopefully we can be the catalyst that spurs them to stand up too because it goes to show, whatever happens with this, it made a difference to the point of calling people like myself and at the end of the day the PPV model simply cannot work if people don't buy into it (which they shouldn't do because the whole idea was a scam from day one to rinse fans like crazy).

@brainz I saw an advert on BT Sport last night saying something about August, I didn't catch the advert fully however it was on last night during UFC Now (awesome show!).

From what I can gather though it was advertising how BT Sport is on the Playstation now which it has been for a while so I'm not sure what the August thing was about, however I heard it mention something about August anyway so at least we know that what he mentioned to me on the phone about August has something with it, so lets see.

He did sound promising with it simply because they've been hit so much by this (I'm surprised they even told me so much in regards to that sense but he was really honest), the only thing he couldn't disclose was exactly what the August specifics would be (obviously) but he did say it's going to be very pleasing like before, if not more, but of course we'll see in regards to that first.

They're gonna have to anyway otherwise they're just going to go completely downhill and it baffles me they would even do that to themselves when he also even told me they were winning and it was unreal how fast and much BT Sport was growing due to them having UFC the way they did and the new subscribers coming in constantly so fast all the time, it's ridiculous they would even try this but they obviously got greedy and thought they could pull one on us yet failed and got hit with some crazy backlash and unreal cancellations.

The US should take a leaf out of our book and do the same, it's been way too long they've been having to put up with this shit and hopefully we can be the catalyst that spurs them to stand up too because it goes to show, whatever happens with this, it made a difference to the point of calling people like myself and at the end of the day the PPV model simply cannot work if people don't buy into it (which they shouldn't do because the whole idea was a scam from day one to rinse fans like crazy).

I got a feeling the thing for August is UFC 240 is gonna be free. The UFC still has to make money I don't think the US could do the same and get it for free. That's their main audience the unlucky buggers it's still a business at the end of the day. maybe if they done the same they could get it cheaper. Why it doesn't work in the UK is it starts at 3am and Finish going on for 6am. Hopefully bt sport offer something more than just 240 for free after trying to check our oil because it's a very lack luster card. Time will tell.

I got a feeling the thing for August is UFC 240 is gonna be free. The UFC still has to make money I don't think the US could do the same and get it for free. That's their main audience the unlucky buggers it's still a business at the end of the day. maybe if they done the same they could get it cheaper. Why it doesn't work in the UK is it starts at 3am and Finish going on for 6am. Hopefully bt sport offer something more than just 240 for free after trying to check our oil because it's a very lack luster card. Time will tell.
240 is not in August..

Yeah it's definitely not this, it's the whole format and Box Office in general being a bad idea.

Also, just so you know it's a pure BT Sport thing, they get the rights from the UFC and it's completely up to them how they distribute it, if they want to try profit from it they can, they also lost a lot of money on some crazy deal they spent or something and apparently they're trying to make that up (how true that is I'm not sure but I've heard this), regardless of that it's completely down to BT Sport and they are the one's trying to make the money off this. I knew this anyway from conversations I'd had with them however Dave Shaw confirmed it that it's completely down to BT Sport, is a BT Sport decision etc.. and the UFC are fine with it as long as they get their content out there.

It's like how Disney have bought the rights to The Simpsons and other Fox shows. They can now use their likeness on any product they want to sell it, they can also licence the show as well as put money into it also (for example for another movie) and it's the same with rights to show content, BT Sport basically stream the ESPN feed anyway and if you remember Dana White was really happy that the sport was still being able to reach bigger audiences here when the Eleven Sports deal fell through simply because the sport is still growing. It's beneficial for them without Box Office as they make their money from events, merchandise, bigger sponsors etc.. where the real money is, the Box Office thing isn't that beneficial believe it or not because not only does it eliminate a huge part of their audience (some BT Sport platforms don't even have access to the Box Office channel to even have the option which is ridiculous) and as you know, BT Sport have been stung by this massively so it's done nothing to benefit them in the long run. It might have got them a decent pay on the night but it doesn't cover the long term backlash and damage which is where they've really been hit as they've lost a ton of cancellations and subscriptions massively due to this.

UFC 240 is going to be on BT Sport 1 by the way :)

Back