UFC on ESPN 16 PBP/Discussion

Irene Aldana deserves to lose this fight for having the second lowest fight IQ next to Garbrandt. Holm is throwing the same 4 strikes. 1-2. A front kick and a side kick.

Aldana literally walks into every fucking strike. What an idiot.

Because she has no clue how to cut the cage off. Holm circles constantly and Aldana chases, so she literally can't help but walk into the strikes when Holly throws them. Holly doesn't need to mix it up because she's always gonna have Aldana walking into her.

Aldana had nothing for Holly but that's all credit to Holly. I've never seen her look this good before.

Her air punches with screams ACTUALLY connected.

Domination by Holly Holm.

Too bad Julianna Pena shat the bed near the end of the fight.

Holm put an absolute beating on Aldana

her best performance ever

great value on her ml and dec lines

Holm shows how important cardio is for a pro fighter

Excellent performance

Because she has no clue how to cut the cage off. Holm circles constantly and Aldana chases, so she literally can't help but walk into the strikes when Holly throws them. Holly doesn't need to mix it up because she's always gonna have Aldana walking into her.

I know, hence my comment about her having low fight IQ.

I hope they give Holly another chance with Nunes after this. I'll gladly put another $100 on Nunes via KO again.

I know, hence my comment about her having low fight IQ.

Yeah, I guess that's kinda low fight IQ? I always think of that being a grappler that decides to just stand and bang with a better striker, or a superior striker trying to grapple a bjj whiz, etc. Or someone who's way ahead on the cards deciding to stand and brawl and getting KO'd.

I think inability to cut the cage off is a combination of poor coaching, lack of experience, etc.

Yeah, I guess that's kinda low fight IQ? I always think of that being a grappler that decides to just stand and bang with a better striker, or a superior striker trying to grapple a bjj whiz, etc. Or someone who's way ahead on the cards deciding to stand and brawl and getting KO'd.

I think inability to cut the cage off is a combination of poor coaching, lack of experience, etc.

I should've added it's her coaching as well for sure but Aldana looked like an amateur and couldn't make any adjustments. That's not a quality in a top fighter. They looked like they've never seen a striker with footwork before. It was embarrassing to see. Holly should've been a -300 favorite in hindsight.

I should've added it's her coaching as well for sure but Aldana looked like an amateur and couldn't make any adjustments. That's not a quality in a top fighter. They looked like they've never seen a striker with footwork before. It was embarrassing to see. Holly should've been a -300 favorite in hindsight.

Yeah, agree. Aldana is young so there's time. She's clearly a good striker against someone who will stand in front of her. But she needs massive improvement for sure against someone who can move and hit.

Her TDD also looks like it was a bit of a mirage. Holly obviously is ridiculously strong for the division, but she ragdolled Aldana pretty much the entire fight when she wanted to. Aldana built up great TDD numbers vs infrerior grapplers it would seem.

Awesome night guys. For once im happy holly fought her usual boring 5 rounder.

Although she turned it up there in rd 5. I hope everyone made some moolah

Domination by Holly Holm.

Too bad Julianna Pena shat the bed near the end of the fight.
Was that a shocker? I duno why the opening lines had them at - 110 each. Pena sucks

Hollys line didn't make sense either. So fucking happy I parlayed them and Kenney.

My read on the main event was totally wrong. Jeez... Aldana couldn't do shit wherever this fight went. Stand up, clinch, ground work. Absolutely cluseless in all areas. She didn't belong there with Holm.

I am so dumb.

My read on the main event was totally wrong. Jeez... Aldana couldn't do shit wherever this fight went. Stand up, clinch, ground work. Absolutely cluseless in all areas. She didn't belong there with Holm.

I am so dumb.

Nah you misread a fight. Nobody gets everything right. I called the main event literally spot on, but whiffed badly on my analysis of Condit/McGee.

And I'm f'ing smart haha.

Back