UFC on ESPN 44 PBP/Discussion

allen showed promise going for broke but then clinched for no reason. The curse continues. How many fighters just don't go for broke when there's a good chance they'll lose without a finish

4-1 Max
In a world without Volk, he’d be right after Jones in the GOAT rankings

About what I expected except Allen has radically improved his conditioning. He was always dangerous with that left hand but Holloway clearly on another level.

Also can we all just laugh at this

About what I expected except Allen has radically improved his conditioning. He was always dangerous with that left hand but Holloway clearly on another level.

Also can we all just laugh at this

Helwani just can't help but show his bias, he's very clearly an Arnold Allen fanboy and must've viewed the fight through rose tinted glasses.

This was what I meant when I said people were trying to say Max is shopworn at 31, etc.
When you have a dominant champ like Volk, then a very clear #2 like Max, then a big gap to everyone else...people try to wish a deterioration of a guy into existence in order to make things more interesting.
But sometimes reality is that divisions are stagnant for awhile.

Nobody is beating Volk at 145. Nobody below Max is beating him. Just how it is for awhile.

This was what I meant when I said people were trying to say Max is shopworn at 31, etc.
When you have a dominant champ like Volk, then a very clear #2 like Max, then a big gap to everyone else...people try to wish a deterioration of a guy into existence in order to make things more interesting.
But sometimes reality is that divisions are stagnant for awhile.

Nobody is beating Volk at 145. Nobody below Max is beating him. Just how it is for awhile.
My track record for picking Max fights is 11-1 since he became champ, and I'm gonna call it now. Topuria will beat him if they fight. As far as Topuria Volk goes thats anyones guess

My track record for picking Max fights is 11-1 since he became champ, and I'm gonna call it now. Topuria will beat him if they fight. As far as Topuria Volk goes thats anyones guess

Love Topuria...but my initial take is no. He's definitely in the conversation for next up. And he's a threat. But huge step up to fighting someone like Max.

Love Topuria...but my initial take is no. He's definitely in the conversation for next up. And he's a threat. But huge step up to fighting someone like Max.
I'm starting to see shots take more impact on Max than they previously have and I think Topuria can emulate Volk to take a win. Happy to eat crow but Max is one of those few fighters I think I have a good read on.

I'm starting to see shots take more impact on Max than they previously have and I think Topuria can emulate Volk to take a win. Happy to eat crow but Max is one of those few fighters I think I have a good read on.
Send me a message when the Holloway vs. Topuria fight is announced.

I'll take Holloway, you take Topuria. Since you're super confident, we can have a private bet at even money +100/+100, and someone trustworthy in the Betting Forum can hold our money and send it to the winner after the fight is over.

Send me a message when the Holloway vs. Topuria fight is announced.

I'll take Holloway, you take Topuria. Since you're super confident, we can have a private bet at even money +100/+100, and someone trustworthy in the Betting Forum can hold our money and send it to the winner after the fight is over.
Why would I do that when I'll be able to get Topuria at dog money?

This was probably my favorite event in recent memory. Slaughtered it on a betting perspective, but the matchups were really solid. I'm looking forward to the next fights for Royval, Max, Barboza, Munhoz, Algeo, and Gillian.

Back