PBP UFC on ESPN 48 - Strickland vs. Magomedov: Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 7/1 at 4pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had really high expectations so it wasnt quite as good a fight as I thought it'd be but still great .

Don't know why some people are triggered by Morales show boating , he looked good and is probably only gonna get better

I like showboating when you are clearly dominating. It feels silly when you are huffing air and tied on the score cards.

Morales wins but it should have been cleaner than this given the advantage he had going into it. Like everyone was pointing out his gas tank just isn't there.
Agreed -- also spammed too many flying knees in my opinion. But still looks to he an A-level prospect.

Imagining him working with Alex and Glover makes him sound like a really scary prospect

Most of what he hit Griffin with was grazing, only a couple clean strikes, and Griffin looks like he got hit with a hammer. Imagine how hard he hits. He's 24. A piece of clay in the right hands. A terrifying prospect both literally and figuratively. Impressive TDD to boot.

Agreed. He’s winning but it’s way closer than it should be
Dude is a right hand and badly timed superman punches and flying knees. He's got a young man's style, he'll be exposed soon, nowhere to run at WW.

Nice fight, but let's see alittle more killer instinct and less showboating

Don't confuse athleticism for skill, his offense is really basic. No where to go in the stacked WW division. He'll be humbled soon.
Lmao his offense was not basic .
His defense is basic but not his offense .

Agree to disagree though.

And lastly WW is not "stacked" lol .

If you were impressed by any of that I'm not sure what to say

She showed major improvements in her grappling that is impressive.

Just because the fight wasn’t exciting doesn’t mean that isn’t true.

A boring performance can still be a good performance. Does that make sense?

Commentary thought Morales was him <45><45>

GettyImages-1366348881.jpg

Sheesh Morales really showed his potential here. I think if he adds something to control the range like a consitent jab then I think he's going to be ready to start striking with WW's best. Without a jab, teep or other range controller this reckless style will only get so far if Max Griffen is winning rounds (1st one)

Morales' athleticism is spectacular. His jab is a laser, but he needs other tools in his striking repertoire. He seems so gifted physically it would almost be tragic to just stick to jabs and 1-2s. He is only 24, though, so there's still plenty of time to develop!

They need to get MOrales a good gym and he'll be a future contender mark my words. Don't know if he can maximize his potential in a shit noname gym

Most of what he hit Griffin with was grazing, only a couple clean strikes, and Griffin looks like he got hit with a hammer. Imagine how hard he hits. He's 24. A piece of clay in the right hands. A terrifying prospect both literally and figuratively. Impressive TDD to boot.
Both of his parents are olympic athletes, too. Kid is potential incarnate.
<mma4>

Thanks TAM, with your blessing... hopefully JBG releases's the flood gates...

View attachment 989280
I've always loved the look of the Russian blues.

Hope your cat turns back up man, sometimes theu do disapear for a few weeks and then turn up.

We gad one that was locked in the garage of someone that went on vacation.

Once they returned, the cat was released and came back.

Dude is a right hand and badly timed superman punches and flying knees. He's got a young man's style, he'll be exposed soon, nowhere to run at WW.

He'll lose eventually. Everyone loses. Hopefully when he rebounds he's more Brandon Moreno than Johnny Walker, lol.

Back