UFC on ESPN+: Edgar v Munhoz

Haven't looked too much into it, but i feel frankie isn't fade material yet.

Rewatch Frankie vs Zombie. And Oretega. Frankie is getting slept at 145. Why shouldn’t he get slept 10 pounds lighter by a dude like Munhoz? The bantamweights are QUICK. Frankie is nowhere near Munhoz level in terms of speed at this point in their careers.

Should Mike Rodriguez be a big favourite against anybody? Not been impressed by Prachnio either, but Rodriguez has looked terrible every time I've seen him.

Don't really get why people are favouring Menifield to knock OSP out either, the only guy who's ever knocked OSP out in the UFC is prime Jimi Manuwa.
I dont think he will knock him out but he can definitely outwork OSP. I was very disappointed at OSP's last performance at HW, im even doubting he can make LHW anymore.

Am I just holding onto memories of a younger Edgar, or is +200 Edgar too good to not jump at?

Coming off my worst event yet. Missed on DC and JDS, only wins were rather small undercard props with hedges. And I bet DC pretty heavy for me :(

Am I just holding onto memories of a younger Edgar, or is +200 Edgar too good to not jump at?

Coming off my worst event yet. Missed on DC and JDS, only wins were rather small undercard props with hedges. And I bet DC pretty heavy for me :(
I'm just not seeing this one. Frankie's greatest asset is his wrestling. Munhoz has pretty solid TDD, and a very solid BJJ game. Munhoz also does a great job of investing in the leg kicks early to slow his opponent down and drain their power, and he didn't exactly look tired at the end of a three round back and forth battle with Aljo

Plus Ortega knocked Frankie out, and Frankie is cutting more weight again. What would Frankie's Path to Victory be?

I dont have a line on pitolo, impa yet...
However I just faded pitolo against stewart for big money and really am not high on him at all...
But Impa is just super athletic ... hes very green. And hittable. I think pitolo will KO him. Not high on either fighter...
Can see impa improve greatly over next few years, but right now this is Pitolos fight .. impa isn't UFC level yet mentally or skillwise... but he doesn't really lose so take it for wat its worth

I'm very high on Takashi Sato +150 could be a gift
Lemos is a clise fight but great value on her +145
Not sure some of you will be happy about fading Dwight grant be careful there... think grant wins.
Munhoz should have no problems
And this weeks big bet .... MENIFIELD maybe hedge wit OSP by OSP choke..
Gona take a nice look at semelsberger at plus money , and theres a lot of research I gota do as there are like 5+ fighters I don't know too much about.
Might be a nice week for the dogs to bark

I'm just not seeing this one. Frankie's greatest asset is his wrestling. Munhoz has pretty solid TDD, and a very solid BJJ game. Munhoz also does a great job of investing in the leg kicks early to slow his opponent down and drain their power, and he didn't exactly look tired at the end of a three round back and forth battle with Aljo

Plus Ortega knocked Frankie out, and Frankie is cutting more weight again. What would Frankie's Path to Victory be?

5 round wrestle fuck, win one of first two and two of 3,4,5

Need to check out Munhoz TDD on film I guess looking specifically for that

Guess I just expected a +160 dog Edgar, but a two to one paying out Edgar against not a Holloway or (younger) Aldo caliber fighter just seems to be hanging out there to me

5 round wrestle fuck, win one of first two and two of 3,4,5

Need to check out Munhoz TDD on film I guess looking specifically for that

Guess I just expected a +160 dog Edgar, but a two to one paying out Edgar against not a Holloway or (younger) Aldo caliber fighter just seems to be hanging out there to me
Aljo didn't take Munhoz down at all

Caraway didn't take Munhoz down at all (admittedly this was during his emo phase after his wife left him to get impregnated by a worse fighter who was taller than him - foreshadowing for the future De La Rosa divorce)

The last time Munhoz was taken down and lost was against Raphael Assuncao in his debut 6 years ago, and the last time he was taken down at all was in a fight he won against Damian Stasiak 3 years ago/7 fights ago

He also trains at ATT, and you'd have to imagine they're pretty good at making sure you can't get taken/held down

Aljo didn't take Munhoz down at all

Caraway didn't take Munhoz down at all (admittedly this was during his emo phase after his wife left him to get impregnated by a worse fighter who was taller than him - foreshadowing for the future De La Rosa divorce)

The last time Munhoz was taken down and lost was against Raphael Assuncao in his debut 6 years ago, and the last time he was taken down at all was in a fight he won against Damian Stasiak 3 years ago/7 fights ago

He also trains at ATT, and you'd have to imagine they're pretty good at making sure you can't get taken/held down

Good points. Appreciated. Didn’t realize Sterling tried and failed 14 times in their fight

Shouldn't OSP be able to replicate a performance just like Devin Clark did against Menifield? He shouldn't even be bothering to strike with this guy. I would think he's more trustworthy to pull that off without getting knocked out more so than Devin Clark himself did.

i think prachnio is absolutely dreadful, nowhere near ufc level. prachnio has a puncher's chance, but rodriguez should roll here.

Haven't taped Prachnio, and I wasn't around when Rodriguez lost his last fight, but I'm 100% positive no one gave the other guy a puncher's chance to beat Rodriguez last time and look what happened.

Good points. Appreciated. Didn’t realize Sterling tried and failed 14 times in their fight

Sterling's gameplan was to keep Munhoz on the outside and pick him apart, which is exactly what he did for the majority of the fight. The official stats have Sterling 0 for 7 on td attempts, but he didn't commit to a single one of them and he really just used them to mix it up imo.

hearing rumor that Gooden pulled out due to injury. not super reliable source but still. fuck thought Gooden was good underdog bet

After the second rd frankie may take over....if he can make it go that long. He's good everywhere. Faster but not as much power. Good takedowns and sub d. All ive seen from munhoz is the guillotine dont know what the rest of his ground game is like. Should be a good fight. I'll prob take a stab at frankie.

When it was a 3 rounder, I thought there was a case for Frankie by dec at those juicy odds. Now that it's 5 rounds, (crazy as it sounds) I think it favors Munhoz a lot. It's just too long for Frankie to avoid getting stung.

this card is a ufc on espn card....

hard to believe, but thats what wiki says. next week's card is much better and is an espn+ card. i dont get it
also, its very shitty, and tough to bet on.

Back