International UFC Question for The War Room

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't do many War Room threads, but you guys are probably the ones with the best insight on this matter.

Up in the Heavies, Ali Abdelaziz is frequently condemned and/or ridiculed for being "a terrorist snitch", or sometimes just a "snitch".

Okay, as a non-criminal my admittedly square POV is that being a snitch is good, not bad. Double that take when it pertains to terrorism!

But maybe, the real problem is not that he is (or was) a snitch, but that he is actually aligned with terrorism somehow. According to Wiki:

The FBI eventually began to suspect he was operating as a double agent, having told people in Egypt of his life, particularly after he was reportedly administered a polygraph examination. The FBI ended its relationship with Abdelaziz and the American government unsuccessfully attempted to deport him.

Okay, admittedly sus, but no conviction. Not even an arrest or a deportation. But again, certainly suspicious.

So, what's your take on Ali, should we think of him as a bad guy (who might have been aligned with terrorists) or as a good-guy-snitch who has assisted the US in fighting terrorism? Put even more simplistically, is it fair to insult him for being or having been a "terrorist snitch"?

I respect loyalty, even if you are a enemy of the United States, my home country.

A snitch should universally be disliked. You can't trust these sort, eitherway. They're willing to throw anyone close to them under the bus, in order to save their own skin at any given time

I don't do many War Room threads, but you guys are probably the ones with the best insight on this matter.

Up in the Heavies, Ali Abdelaziz is frequently condemned and/or ridiculed for being "a terrorist snitch", or sometimes just a "snitch".

Okay, as a non-criminal my admittedly square POV is that being a snitch is good, not bad. Double that take when it pertains to terrorism!

But maybe, the real problem is not that he is (or was) a snitch, but that he is actually aligned with terrorism somehow. According to Wiki:

Okay, admittedly sus, but no conviction. Not even an arrest or a deportation. But again, certainly suspicious.

So, what's your take on Ali, should we think of him as a bad guy (who might have been aligned with terrorists) or as a good-guy-snitch who has assisted the US in fighting terrorism? Put even more simplistically, is it fair to insult him for being or having been a "terrorist snitch"?
Other than himself, what are these sources in regards to his stories?

Is any of it true?

I respect loyalty, even if you are a enemy of the United States, my home country.

A snitch should universally be disliked. You can't trust these sort, eitherway. They're willing to throw anyone close to them under the bus, in order to save their own skin at any given time
So a cop who reports on bad cops should be disliked? A witness of a crime who reports it should be disliked?

I think you should be more specific.

From what I gathered from a little google fu. He got nabbed in 2000-2004 for the following and instead of doing time became an undercover informant for the NYPD to spy on a Muslim group during America's phase rabid self policing post 9/11.

“Charges include counterfeiting, forgery, criminal impersonation, check & credit card fraud, assault (felony x2, aggravated x1, simple x2) burglary, auto theft, fraud & harassment”​

NYPD recommended him to the FBI and the FBI found him to be rather full of shit and terminated the relationship then tried to have him deported. He was able to stave off deportation, but now he's not allowed to leave the country at all.

I don't think he has any loyalty than to himself. Seems like a piece of shit.

So a cop who reports on bad cops should be disliked? A witness of a crime who reports it should be disliked?

He heard it in a movie once

Thats a whistle-blower, not a snitch

Other than himself, what are these sources in regards to his stories?

Is any of it true?
My knowledge is limited, but I think NYC and the FBI were separately paying him to inform, so presumably he had something of value to offer.

Thats a whistle-blower, not a snitch

I think the denotation of the terms is the same, but the connotation is different.

Generally, this is about when loyalty to broader society or one's sense of morality comes into conflict with interpersonal loyalty. I understand not snitching/whistle-blowing, but it's good for the country when people do it.

From what I gathered from a little google fu. He got nabbed in 2000-2004 for the following and instead of doing time became an undercover informant for the NYPD to spy on a Muslim group during America's phase rabid self policing post 9/11.

“Charges include counterfeiting, forgery, criminal impersonation, check & credit card fraud, assault (felony x2, aggravated x1, simple x2) burglary, auto theft, fraud & harassment”​

NYPD recommended him to the FBI and the FBI found him to be rather full of shit and terminated the relationship then tried to have him deported. He was able to stave off deportation, but now he's not allowed to leave the country at all.

I don't think he has any loyalty than to himself. Seems like a piece of shit.

Thanks for doing this.

So, these stories about him working for the FBI and/or CIA were lies.

Does he use these stories to try to land clients?

He is a confirmed POS, only out for himself.
You can't deport somebody off a failed Polygraph though, so...

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Back