News UFC Signs Chinese Fighter Sasha Palatnikov

Just like not all Americans are white, not all Chinese people are yellow. This should not be hard to understand, but there are a lot of racists in this board who believe that people of certain ethnic backgrounds should stay in specific parts of the world because that's their "real" home.

Yeah same here. He's a ginger guy named Sasha repping Hong Kong. Pretty out there lol

It was a British colony for over 100 years. Also, it is an amazing place to experience. Very unfortunate that it's going to be assimilated back into China.

Nah I figured it'd be a dude. Sasha is quite often a man's name in foreign countries
Even names like Jamie or Pat, I always assume it's a chick lol.

I saw sasha, thought of sasha grey and clicked only to see some dweeb with a beard.

Well the other HK fighter I know is named Alain Ngalani so it’s ok

He's from Hong Kong, which (until now, I suppose) is not China.
Huh? It's basically always been China, (while also only technically not been). It's been China since BC, but was leased to England as a colony until 1841, and remained a British Colony under China's declaration until 1997, where it was retroceded back to China. The debate is about their independence and operation as a separate system, but their sovereignty has basically always been China, but was technically 'rented' as a British Colony for 150 of the last like 200 years.

Huh? It's basically always been China, (while also only technically not been). It's been China since BC, but was leased to England as a colony until 1841, and remained a British Colony under China's declaration until 1997, where it was retroceded back to China. The debate is about their independence and operation as a separate system, but their sovereignty has basically always been China, but was technically 'rented' as a British Colony for 150 of the last like 200 years.

Thanks for the superfluous history lesson. My point is that HK is not culturally in sync with China due to the fact that it was overseen by Britain for hundreds of years. It is much more diverse in all aspects, is an epicenter of world finance, and it isnt as odd for a white guy to align with the HK flag as it would be for a white guy to walk to the octagon with a Chinese flag.

Granted, this may all likely change in the future.

Sasha Palatnikov sounds about as Chinese as Stipe Miocic and Kamaru Usman sounds American... just saying

Back