UFC Vegas 83: Song Yadong vs Chris Gutierrez, December 9

I'm not worried about Elliott on short notice for gameplan reasons, but does he cut a lot of weight?

Im gonna do an izzy Adesanya and take a break.

Be back in 2-3 months.

Need to change something up , i don't care anymore to play every event, waiting for those 3 big events to play in one week. PfL/bellator/Ufc

and plus ONE/Rizen with muay thai/mma fighters. Best season to bet. Im tired of regional talent, rookies, or scrap fighters from the ufc roster.

It's like scouring the junkyard looking for some scrap metal, but instead you find plastic and turd.

Steve Garcia (14-5) Vs Melquizael Costa (20-6)

This bout was initially scheduled for last week at UFC Austin, but an illness on Garcia’s side resulted in its postponement by one week.

Steve “Mean Machine” Garcia holds a UFC record of 3-2. His last two victories showcased impressive knockouts over Chase Hooper and Nuerdanbieke Shayilan.

Prior to that he was knocked out by Maheshate Hayisaer in the first round at UFC 275.

He also holds a KO win over Charlie Ontiveros and lost a decision to Luis Pena.

On the other hand, Melquizael Costa stands at 1-1 in the UFC. His debut ended in a loss via a face crank by Thiago Moises, but he rebounded in his second appearance with a decision victory against Austin Lingo.

While Costa appears to be the more well-rounded fighter, Garcia holds the advantage in power. It is anticipated that Costa will focus on maintaining distance, utilizing his leg kicking game, and seeking opportunities to take the fight to the ground.

Conversely, Garcia’s strategy will likely revolve around keeping the fight standing and pressing the action against Costa.

This promises to be an exciting matchup, and I anticipate Garcia applying strong pressure to secure another knockout victory.

Pick: Steve Garcia ML (+210)

Am I missing something? Shouldn't Egger/Santos be pretty damn likely to end ITD?

I'm not worried about Elliott on short notice for gameplan reasons, but does he cut a lot of weight?
The fight is at bantamweight, not flyweight, due to the short notice. He said he walks around at 148-152, so this should be a manageable cut.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't Egger/Santos be pretty damn likely to end ITD?
Egger's best weapon is her Judo, which should be nullified by Santos being a Brazilian national team member. I don't see much chance of her winning ITD. Luana could have a hard time finishing due to being the smaller fighter moving up a weight class.

Which finishing scenarios do you think are likely?

Edit: Santos weighted in at 139. Not sure what to think of that.

Last edited:
What's going to prevent Song from showing Gutierrez absolutely no respect, walking him down and in doing so putting Gutierrez on his backfoot immediately, before inevitably clipping him in the pocket with his explosive power? If Song was willing to walk a power puncher like Marlon Moraes down, until Moraes was forced to trade with him in the pocket, then whats going to stop him from doing the same to an opponent who doesn't possess the power to knock him out with a single punch?

For Gutierrez to win Song is going to need to show him respect at the beginning of the fight and allow Gutierrez to work his way into it, with the leg kicks, and I just don't see Song providing him that opportunity. If the fight were not taking place in the smaller octagon that would be a different story because Song would have to contend with the footwork of Gutierrez but that additional obstacle just isn't there in the smaller apex cage.
I mulled this over a bit more and now have a Gutierrez ML bet hedged with a Song ITD bet.
If Gutierrez does have success it'll likely take a few rounds to truly find success, but like you said, Song has the pressure and power to end it if he has the chance. Munhoz almost got Chris out of there, and if something similar happens Song will likely seal the deal.
Additionally, Chris looked REALLY tired by the third round and Song has no cardio issue for five rounds, so there is a good chance that Song just wears him down via pressure and strikes and gets the win that way.
My only worry would be that Chris hasn't been stopped before and he might hang on to a losing decision.

Costa/garcia appears to be cancelled again - fuck

Shit ton of no chance parlays more then usual because I hit a 233$ no chamce pick 3 which is like a horse parlay for non horse bettors

Alencar+130 for 100
Tiara/hernadez-ov 1.5-180 for 200
Santos-145 for 200
Costa/garcia-ov 1.5-110 for 200
Park/ross-un 1.5-170 for 200
Song+130 for 100
Park/munuz-un 2.5-155 for 200.
Rountrew-185 for 200.
Song/guiterreZ-130 for 200

If its bs you should be banned. Can't find anything about it.
Bet365 says it’s cancelled/postponed …. I also can’t find anything about it anywhere else …. It voided my 3 parlays that had Costa on them

Attachments

• IMG_7548.jpeg
    IMG_7548.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 1
Bet365 says it’s cancelled/postponed …. I also can’t find anything about it anywhere else …. It voided my 3 parlays that had Costa on them
Those are the old bets I reckon mate, mine still stand. Plus you can still place bets on the fight

I call BS on the fact that your bets are cancelled. The bet appears this way since last week and the fight is still on for tonight. No ones bets are cancelled for this fight on bet365 but only yours? Ok.

I call BS on the fact that your bets are cancelled. The bet appears this way since last week and the fight is still on for tonight. No ones bets are cancelled for this fight on bet365 but only yours? Ok.
These are new bets

They were placed this morning and cancelled this afternoon

My other betting friends are the ones that informed and said theirs were also cancelled

I can only tell you on the Canadian Ontario bet365 - it’s not accepting bets for that fight and it voided them all ….. and that this morning everything was fine - it just happened around 4-5pm

If its bs you should be banned. Can't find anything about it.

Easy man LOL. I don't see anything saying it's cancelled either but obviously he wasn't trying to purposefully mislead anyone. Simple mistake on his part, just looked at old bets he'd made from when they were previously scheduled is my guess.

These are new bets

My other betting friends are the ones that informed and said theirs were also cancelled

I can only tell you on the Canadian Ontario bet365 - it’s not accepting bets for that fight and it voided them all ….. and that this morning everything was fine - it just happened around 4-5pm

Oh shit well if it's actually true then disregard my last post I guess...weird.

These are new bets

I am on the canadian bet365 and the bets are still on and i'm able to place new ones for this fight.

I am on the canadian bet365 and the bets are still on and i'm able to place new ones for this fight.
Yeah it’s super strange …I can place a new bet in it aswell …. Then it pops up postponed … and it shows the cashout option - but it won’t allow me to cash it out

Clearly a fuck up on bet365

And clearly I fkd up posting it here …. I apologize …. I’ve used 365 for gambling for years and it’s always been pretty on top of things - so I figured fight must of been off again

Sorry!

Back