UFL President Harrison Rogers hopes to sign fighters to million dollar contracts

Not sure... But to offer fighters ( talking about a roster full ) million dollar contracts... you need a billion dollar bank roll...

I'm all for significantly better pay, but there's no sport in the world where everybody earns a million, right?

Like everyone?

You have to work you way up. That doesn't mean pay can't start at $50,000 + 50,000, but million dollar contracts all round?

Well, whatever. Sounds like pie in the sky, but if someone makes it work, more power to them.

This sounds like a drunk guy telling his friend about the awesome business idea he's just cooked up...

"Bro... All we have to do is book the arena, and tell the fighters we'll pay them a %... So we'll get the best fighters, and everyone will want to see them so they'll pay in advance, and then we get the venue, and the fighters on the day, and all we have to do is 3 instagram post per day... we gonna be rich, bro..."
Wait, dude, I want in. I don't know how to use Instagram but I love the sport!

Wait, dude, I want in. I don't know how to use Instagram but I love the sport!
I'm pretty sure that I tried to convince @Spath and some others that this was not only achievable, but a potentially international opportunity to both nurture new regional talent, and possible establish long-term contender to the UFC.

Basically I wanted to get sherdoggers to divide into areas, fight eachother somewhere, film it, establish regional champions, then make them fight eachother in a tournament, and charge other sherbros to watch via dedicated promotion right here in the heavies.

Wish I could remember who's wall I wrote the blueprint on...

Best of luck to them.

Hope they don't just become another tombstone...

<JonesLaugh>

PFL knockoff. All these fight leagues are the sons of the SFL. Even though IFL came first. SFL is the GOAT of fight leagues.

Million dollar contracts are a reach but the upcoming fight card does have some former DWCS fighters as well as some NCAA wrestling all Americans. It could be like an LFA type regional promotion but thats about it.

And where does this money come from exactly? It's hard to grow a business when you're payroll is 90% of your revenue.

I'm pretty sure that I tried to convince @Spath and some others that this was not only achievable, but a potentially international opportunity to both nurture new regional talent, and possible establish long-term contender to the UFC.

Basically I wanted to get sherdoggers to divide into areas, fight eachother somewhere, film it, establish regional champions, then make them fight eachother in a tournament, and charge other sherbros to watch via dedicated promotion right here in the heavies.

Wish I could remember who's wall I wrote the blueprint on...
I'm an easy win for any HW.
I'm not cutting to 205.

200w.gif

Im sure that if this guy Harrison pays attention to this forum he will find the way to success.

The more serious MMA cooperation is only gonna be good for the competition of the sport

He respects the Sherdog overlords

gigachad-chad.gif

Back