UFN 106 - Belfort vs Gastelum - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Units are for pussies and cucks. True men convert everything in REAL MONEY. Seriously guys stop this "unit" stuff.. it doesn't say nuttin for me.

Honestly you would be doing even better if you bet units. 300$ on everything is working for you but if you sniped odds you liked for more and others you werent confident in for less, imo you couldve done better doesnt mean you couldnt have done worse though.

BREAKING: Pepey out of the fight with nose injury.

Noooooo Pepey will just pretend this table is khabib

ForPOJQ.gif

we get it, troll #1, troll #2, troll #3, you are each individually the best bettor out there.

enough, already. let's talk about the fights

we get it, troll #1, troll #2, troll #3, you are each individually the best bettor out there.

enough, already. let's talk about the fights
Not much to talk until odds come out.. we are killing time until it happens

I think Dariush's skillset gives Barboza problems. He's an all around fighter and will dominate on the mat if he gets it there. I think that fact alone makes him more dangerous against Barboza who avoids the ground like the plague.

Barbie has to also deal with a southpaw which I won't say is a disadvantage, but I'm sure he's a lot more comfortable against an orthodox.

I'll buy Benny as a dog. I think he gets it to the mat at some point and if not, the threat of his grappling should aid his striking so he's not outgunned there either.

I like Barboza too but he will never reach his potential without having a comfortable grappling game in his repertoire. He doesn't need to go out there and tap guys, but just be comfortable.

In an exclusive interview for TATAME, Shogun talked about his next fight. According to the Brazilian, he hopes that the fight will roll the way he likes, standing up!

"I think so, who knows me knows that I like to fight standing up, and he's also a guy who is looking for it, so it's going to be a fight with a lot of it, for sure," said the fighter.

----Check out the interview with Shogun----

"Were you expecting an opponent more ranked than Villante?"

No, actually, I do not even think that much. I think anyone in the UFC knows that any guy who's in there is good, tough. He is a long, dangerous guy, comes from a victory and of course in Ultimate any fight is hard, even more he comes motivated from a win. I've never chosen an opponent. The organization sent me it and I'm happy with the fight.

"Do you think you were going through a bad phase and now you're going through a good one?"

No, it is a high performance sport, I am among the best and it is a very high level. I was really in two consecutive defeats and now I managed to reverse that score, now I have two consecutive victories. I am very happy with these triumphs and I hope to keep them.

- Did you have any changes in preparation or camp for these victories?

I'm a guy who likes to train a lot Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, of course I focus more on my stand up as it's my strong point. Surely I will always give more emphasis to Muay Thai and I did it in my last fights.

- Fifth consecutive fight in Brazil

I'm happy fighting in Brazil, because really my whole life i have fought in another countries and it's very hard. So let us fight a little at home now (laughs). So I am very happy with the affection of our fans here in Brazil and that surely the greatest motivation are our fans who will give the greatest support. To fight in Brazil is better.

- About Gian Villante

Villante is very good in Muay Thai, he likes the striking and a weakness of him, I think it would be with his back on the ground. He is a guy with a great takedown defense, but the ground can be a weapon against him.

- Injury recovery

I am 100%, thank God, I was with a pain in the knee that was bothering me and I was not able to fight. Now I am prepared, I have prepared very well and I am zero in pain.

http://www.tatame.com.br/tatame/not...ogun-analisa-luta-com-villante-muita-trocacao
shogun sems confident, will propably play him if the price is right

I think it's possible that Kelvin SUB opens at like +400 or 500 while everyone's taking him by KO, gotta sprinkle that

tenor.gif

Pepey pulling out due to broken nose isn't a completely bad thing. He no doubt would've been favored to win this fight due to his dangerous BJJ but the proof is in the pudding right there. Dude can't strike and got busted up in training. He's got the widest swing ever in the UFC. Anyone could catch that guy.

I think it's possible that Kelvin SUB opens at like +400 or 500 while everyone's taking him by KO, gotta sprinkle that

tenor.gif

I said I liked Kelvin sub as a possible play earlier. I'm hoping your guess on the line is close to accurate. That would be worth a play for sure.

Not much to talk until odds come out.. we are killing time until it happens

You guys are funny. I think its entertaining for the most part. EZ is the boss tho.

I said I liked Kelvin sub as a possible play earlier. I'm hoping your guess on the line is close to accurate. That would be worth a play for sure.
yeah I looked back a couple pages to quote your post but i couldnt locate it :p

What do you guys think about Canadian prospect Jeremy Kennedy? I think he was dominant against Ricci. Can he pull out another win?

By the way Borrachinha is just scary with his power and size.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

vitor doesn't get subbed easily. look at the jacare one. his bjj background / fundamentals kick in. he won't give up his back, he'll get pounded out, etc

i know jones got him with the kimura, but vitor is NOT easy to sub. kelvin has a great RNC but i wouldn't touch that at +400ish.

vitor has only been subbed twice in like what, 40 fights? over 20 years -- and tons of better sub guys than gastelum.

he gets tko'd. he won't give his back and get rnc'd, imo

I think Dariush's skillset gives Barboza problems. He's an all around fighter and will dominate on the mat if he gets it there. I think that fact alone makes him more dangerous against Barboza who avoids the ground like the plague.

Barbie has to also deal with a southpaw which I won't say is a disadvantage, but I'm sure he's a lot more comfortable against an orthodox.

I'll buy Benny as a dog. I think he gets it to the mat at some point and if not, the threat of his grappling should aid his striking so he's not outgunned there either.

I like Barboza too but he will never reach his potential without having a comfortable grappling game in his repertoire. He doesn't need to go out there and tap guys, but just be comfortable.

I still remember round 3 of Dariush fighting MJ. Dariush has good stand up and can keep it close with Barb IMO.

I just hate paying the juice here on Barb on what will be a close fight. I will probably play Dariush dec. I think Dariush by split decision will be an interesting line.

I have a hard time seeing either guy get a finish.

vitor doesn't get subbed easily. look at the jacare one. his bjj background / fundamentals kick in. he won't give up his back, he'll get pounded out, etc

i know jones got him with the kimura, but vitor is NOT easy to sub. kelvin has a great RNC but i wouldn't touch that at +400ish.

vitor has only been subbed twice in like what, 40 fights? over 20 years -- and tons of better sub guys than gastelum.

he gets tko'd. he won't give his back and get rnc'd, imo

Im I the only one thinking Vitor forgot about his BJJ blackbelt, he's given his opponents full mount in each of his last 2 or 3 fights I think. He's terrible on the ground even if his opponents were Jacare, Weidman and Moussassi. He hasnt got any defence on the ground anymore, just watch recent fights unless my memory is hazy.

I still remember round 3 of Dariush fighting MJ. Dariush has good stand up and can keep it close with Barb IMO.

I just hate paying the juice here on Barb on what will be a close fight. I will probably play Dariush dec. I think Dariush by split decision will be an interesting line.

I have a hard time seeing either guy get a finish.

Arent you worried that its in Brazil, I have a hard time seeing the fight going to Dairush if its a close one in Brazil.

I dont think he'll be able to consistently close the distance to get the clinch or TDs without getting abused on the way in. Benny has made great use of the clinch lately but not against a single guy who can kick like Edson.

Pretty much every single time Gilbert advanced he ate a leg kick on the way in. That will take away a lot of the spring In Benny's step and limit his ability to press for TDs.

Paulo Henrique Costa seems to have some legit power. The knock on him seems to be his bad cardio, but McLellan gasses too. Any brazilians here have insight on Borrachinha?

Borrachinha is very Strong, power in hands, no much technical, but heavy hands, good bjj, good takedowns, imo is heavy favorite against McLellan. The problem is cardio, but fight in house Brazil, imo McLellan could suffer more. Borrachinha ITD if good odds is my pick.

Last edited:
I dont think he'll be able to consistently close the distance to get the clinch or TDs without getting abused on the way in. Benny has made great use of the clinch lately but not against a single guy who can kick like Edson.

Pretty much every single time Gilbert advanced he ate a leg kick on the way in. That will take away a lot of the spring In Benny's step and limit his ability to press for TDs.

Exactly this. Benny has got no one down since miller whose tdd sucks either. Mj stuffed him easily so did chisea. I just dont think bennys got the physical/athletic attributes needed to beat barb. No one in the ufc will beat barb in a kickboxing match and thats what benng is going to give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back