UFN 107 - Manuwa vs Anderson - London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious to the Luque backers on why you are so confident?

Just curious to the Luque backers on why you are so confident?
In my expert opinion I think Luque has Edwards outmatched in all areas. I could see it being close on the feet but Luque is a lot more dangerous. Edwards wants no part of Luque's ground game. I could see Edwards winning a competitive decision though and it is in England. I have no wager here.

J

Gonna make a crazy parlay of Luque/Diakese/Johnson Dec/Duffy for a full unit. I think this one hits. Duffy gonna KO Reza.

Come on man, don't ruin a great parlay with Duffy -500. I don't see any value in that...At all.

It it worth mentioning the fact that Arnold trains now at Tristar. IMO it's pretty 50-50 his fight with Makwan.

I like Johnson, Diakese, u1.5 Entwistle, maybe Breese, probably Luque..

I don't think Luque can take Leon down - Leon made Usman fight damn hard for those takedowns.

Lol at the most boring fight ever.
Don't watch, both of them suck, no ground game, no power, sloppy clinches. Over 2.5 safest bet here.

I don't think Luque can take Leon down - Leon made Usman fight damn hard for those takedowns.

I haven't played it yet, but I was leaning towards Edwards especially if he gets to +150. I don't think he's looked bad in any of this fights.

Diakese for me is the bet of the night....

Also
Luque
Amirkhani
Johnson

I haven't played it yet, but I was leaning towards Edwards especially if he gets to +150. I don't think he's looked bad in any of this fights.

I lean Luque but wanted -120. Edwards struggled with Tumenov's pressure in r2 and that is what Luque brings in spades. I also think Luque has more power in his hands than Tumenov, and he won't be worried about the takedown like Tumenov was. But it's hard to get a proper handle on Luque hence my hesitation. He's had three quicks wins, one second round win where he wrestled the whole fight (don't think he can wrestle Leon) and been wrestlefucked by Graves albeit made excellent adjustments by round three. I've really not seen enough of his standup to have a proper handle on it besides he hits crazy hard. Leon is southpaw too.

Edwards is a very solid fighter. I underestimated him against Tumenov and got burned i don't want to make that mistake again.

I'm on Pickett. Clearly his best days are behind him but I think he still has the skillset to get the win this weekend and I think he's a deserving favorite. I expect him to come out hard in his last appearance and walk away with a fairly clear decision. Vera isn't a bad fighter but he's nowhere near the level of Brad's recent competition in Faber, Alcantara, Almeida, McCall...

I'm on Pickett. Clearly his best days are behind him but I think he still has the skillset to get the win this weekend and I think he's a deserving favorite. I expect him to come out hard in his last appearance and walk away with a fairly clear decision. Vera isn't a bad fighter but he's nowhere near the level of Brad's recent competition in Faber, Alcantara, Almeida, McCall...

Agreed except i think Vera is bad. Horrible habit of backing up against the fence. Watch one fight and see how many times his back touches the fence. Pickett has a great double against the fence that's going to be there all day. Vera gasses in fights too (see Beltran, Ning) and on a weeks notice with a long flight i defo see him slowing down. His last fight with Ning was sooo bad. He was on his way to losing when he suddenly dropped Ning with a jab and when Ning got up which was pretty quick Ning was gassed and Vera got a second wind lmao! I see no path to victory for Vera outside a low percentage flying knee or some shit! Vera's has poor tdd and his striking is terrible, he basically spams naked body kicks.

This is Pickett's easiest fight in 12 fights! Look at who he has been fighting a whose who fight after fight. He nearly beat Almeida, close fight with Rivera and while soundly beaten by Faber, he always got back to his feet when taken down great scrambling. Dana has given him a leaving gift with a bow tied round it. Pls don't fuck it up Pickett!

Manuwa - http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ontenders-for-ducking-a-fight-with-him-031317

“I was scheduled to fight Glover Teixeira in the beginning and somehow the fight didn’t happen. It was scheduled to be in Sacramento first and then they moved it to Denver and then I said I’ll fight him in Brooklyn in early February and somehow he ended up fighting this person who’s not even in the top 15 and then that was it, the fight was cancelled,”

"You’ve got to ask Teixeira what happened, how he ended up fighting someone not in the top 15.”

“We asked [Ryan] Bader and Bader wasn’t too interested. He was talking about his contract and this, that and the other was what he was on. Who else am I going to fight? So we asked for “Shogun” [Rua]. “Shogun” came back immediately and said no,” Manuwa revealed. “So you know, I find it a bit frustrating that these great fighters don’t want to fight.

"They’re trying to play games to hold onto their position. They’re trying to play games. I’ve never turned down a fight in my life.”

As disappointed as Manuwa was to hear other fighters were declining to fight him, he was very excited to discover that Corey Anderson was willing to step into the lion’s den this weekend in London to accept his challenge.

“I’ve got big respect for Corey Anderson,” Manuwa said. “He’s a great fighter, he poses a big threat. He’s got great wrestling, he’s got great ground and pound, good boxing, he’s good all around. He won “The Ultimate Fighter” so I’ve got a big task at my hands.

“Believe me, I’m working very hard and I plan on ending his night very early.”

Last edited:
Manuwa - http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ontenders-for-ducking-a-fight-with-him-031317

“I was scheduled to fight Glover Teixeira in the beginning and somehow the fight didn’t happen. It was scheduled to be in Sacramento first and then they moved it to Denver and then I said I’ll fight him in Brooklyn in early February and somehow he ended up fighting this person who’s not even in the top 15 and then that was it, the fight was cancelled,”

"You’ve got to ask Teixeira what happened, how he ended up fighting someone not in the top 15.”

“We asked [Ryan] Bader and Bader wasn’t too interested. He was talking about his contract and this, that and the other was what he was on. Who else am I going to fight? So we asked for “Shogun” [Rua]. “Shogun” came back immediately and said no,” Manuwa revealed. “So you know, I find it a bit frustrating that these great fighters don’t want to fight.

"They’re trying to play games to hold onto their position. They’re trying to play games. I’ve never turned down a fight in my life.”

“I’ve got big respect for Corey Anderson,” Manuwa said. “He’s a great fighter, he poses a big threat. He’s got great wrestling, he’s got great ground and pound, good boxing, he’s good all around. He won “The Ultimate Fighter” so I’ve got a big task at my hands.

“Believe me, I’m working very hard and I plan on ending his night very early.”
Gus not in the top 15?

Breese - http://mmajunkie.com/2017/03/tom-br...uld-make-him-dangerous-at-ufc-fight-night-107

The Birmingham native returned to his hometown this past August

“I was always thinking about coming home,” Breese told MMAjunkie. “Nearly every day, me and (UFC lightweight) Joseph Duffy, who is a great friend, would walk to the gym, and he’d say how much he liked Montreal. But I always just missed home. I was always making plans about what I’d do when I got home and after the last fight. I just thought life is too short to be wanting to do this or that, so I just did it.”

“I never felt like there was a plan, but there is, to an extent, a style that (Tristar head coach Firas Zahabi) would favor,” he said. “It’s like in any fight; if you go in there with a different style, you probably would have got a better outcome. I felt like if I had done more boxing than kickboxing, I would have done a lot better. After that fight I really learned that I’ve got to enjoy the style that I fight. I didn’t really enjoy the way I fought that fight.

“When I looked back, I felt that I don’t want to be the type of fighter that’s going to kick and move back. I want to take it to them more, rather than sitting back, throwing kicks and measuring the distance. The Strickland fight might not have been my best performance, but it was my most mature. I took more shots in that fight than I ever had, and when I did get hit, I reacted better than in previous fights. You can take as many shots as you like in the gym, but until it happens in a fight, you don’t really believe it.”

“I had to stay at my mum’s house for a good while, while I was looking at places. It was a very expensive move; I had to buy a new car and get a lot of things sorted. But I still wanted to develop my skills, and that’s why I was competing in jiu-jitsu nearly three times a month.

at home, I’ve got other income from coaching and seminars, so it takes a lot of pressure off. I do a lot more coaching now, and I’m just a lot happier. I also feel so much more proud to be fighting out of my home city.”

“No disrespect to any coaches, but I’m the type of fighter who likes to be in control of my own training. I find it more fun, and I’m just more comfortable doing it that way.

“Every fighter’s personality affects their fighting style. For me, a very important thing is to able to look back on my fights and enjoy the way I fought. Whereas if someone is try to get you to fight in a style that they like but you don’t, it might be effective, but it just takes the fun out of it. So if you’re not enjoying it, you’re not going to have the passion to progress.”

Breese also decided it was time to leave the welterweight division, and this weekend he fights at middleweight for the first time.

“The fight with Pendred was the toughest cut of my life, and I came so close to not making it.”

Vera - http://mmajunkie.com/2017/03/after-...to-retire-brad-pickett-at-ufc-fight-night-107

“I respect everybody, but in the cage I will have no respect for nobody because I want to win for my family,” In the fight, I will 100 percent try to put him out. I always wanted to fight a big name or have a big fight. This is like a dream, like I wake up and it’s like, ‘I’m fighting Brad Pickett in his last fight. Let’s go.'”\

UFC Fight Night 84 in February 2016 - “When I saw Briones pulled out the first time, I called my management and said I wanted to fight the big name (Pickett instead of David Grant). But that was hard to do to switch opponents and Francisco Rivera got the fight. But it’s like destiny because a year later, the same opponent pulled out and I was like, ‘Hey, this time I have no opponent, so I want to take this fight.'”

“I was training and doing a lot of conditioning, so my conditioning is good,” “I wasn’t doing much MMA or sparring because I fought in November in Australia and I thought I would take some time to work technique and correct mistakes.

“I feel good. One of my teammates, Ian McCall, already fought Pickett before, so he told me what to do and my coaches are telling me what to do. I feel good and I’m pretty happy and it’s going to be an honor. I’m happy he accepted the fight against me for his retirement. It’s going to be great for me.”

I remember being 17 years old watching his fight against Demetrious Johnson in the WEC and I was like, ‘Holy (expletive), this guy is good.’ How many years later, I’m fighting against him? He’s on his way out and I’m on the way in. I’ve got nothing but respect and I’m going to go win this fight.”

“I’m 24 years old in the UFC and if I’m going to start (making a run) now I need to make a statement,” I will put everything I have in these 15 minutes or less. There’s nothing he can do. I’m going to win this fight and he’s going to retire.”

Even since the Porier fight, my wrestling, takesdowns have been really good, I want to be in the top 10 this year, I feel strongest striking, I'm excited to fight outside of the UFC if it goes this way (last fight on contract), I don't get nervous, training twice a day, off weekends, training year round, Madadi is tough, dangerous all around, great opponent for me, right time for me, the cut is always tough, working with lockhart, feeling much better, diet starts early, trying to improve my ground and pound, want to work with Danaher more

Agreed except i think Vera is bad. Horrible habit of backing up against the fence. Watch one fight and see how many times his back touches the fence. Pickett has a great double against the fence that's going to be there all day. Vera gasses in fights too (see Beltran, Ning) and on a weeks notice with a long flight i defo see him slowing down. His last fight with Ning was sooo bad. He was on his way to losing when he suddenly dropped Ning with a jab and when Ning got up which was pretty quick Ning was gassed and Vera got a second wind lmao! I see no path to victory for Vera outside a low percentage flying knee or some shit! Vera's has poor tdd and his striking is terrible, he basically spams naked body kicks.

This is Pickett's easiest fight in 12 fights! Look at who he has been fighting a whose who fight after fight. He nearly beat Almeida, close fight with Rivera and while soundly beaten by Faber, he always got back to his feet when taken down great scrambling. Dana has given him a leaving gift with a bow tied round it. Pls don't fuck it up Pickett!

I agree with most of this. I think I probably give Vera a bit more credit than you do, but I had a decent chunk of $$$ on him vs Ning and was definitely regretting my play after the 2nd round. But yeah, despite Pickett riding off into the sunset, I'm not exactly sure what most people like about Vera in this matchup, aside from his pricetag. He's young and will likely have improved since his last outing, but I don't see him finishing Pickett, nor do I think he's very likely to win 2 rounds.

I stay in shape all the time, last fight on contract, after I can look to the future, I was frustrated because the UFC hasn't contacted me, it's just business, just let it play out, it could work out in my favour, training hard all through Christmas, weight already good, Madadi is tough, always gives everyone a hard time, never been stopped, just trying to win the fight, he's always in battles, I like being the trenches, maybe too much like the Poirier fight, he has good wrestling, where I struggled in the Poirier fight it will test that, I haven't faced his type of striking, he's awkward, perfect fight at this stage of my career, will put it all to test, I have lots of striking tools, I didn't use all my tools against Dustin was trying to strike too much, if I can get the takedown I will, I can't speak to other promotions until after a month, I have a feeling the UFC won't pay me, my feeling isn't good, we'll see, I will be 100% ready for this fight, I have a chip on my shoulder like my last fight

Great matchup, looking forward to the challenge, it's frustrating people above me said no to the fight, he was the only one that accepted, won't fight Gus, training partner, thankfully Anderson took the fight, after this I want the champion or Jon Jones, I train with Gus everyday, his back is getting better, last fight I gained weight and weight cut, it helped alot, I didn't have any background before starting MMA, I learned when to use the power, money isn't bad in boxing, might go there, who knows what the future holds, 2 more fights on contract, I want the UFC belt this year, I fought injured most of my career, but now I've put on size, I can train alot more stronger, it's holding up more, Sweden is only 2 hours from home, to be with my dog, daughters, family, it's my hometown, I always have an exciting fight, 16 wins, 14 KOs, they can rely on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back