UFN 146 on ESPN+ 4 Lewis vs Dos Santos

I think pretty low of Erosa's defense when it comes to standup. I prefer power punches vs. him in that aspect. He can be somewhat dangerous standing with his kicks and knees. With Dawson, it looks like he can be a bit wild standing before takedowns, so I could see him getting caught. On the ground, I think he can work over Erosa. With all that said, I liked the ITD most. Both are pretty sloppy defensively and Dawson is pretty ruthless on the ground, so I think it's very likely it ends ITD.

I think Erosa ITD is nearly +300... Why not just play Dawson ITD near evens and arb out with Erosa ITD? The Fight Doesn't Go The Distance Line is -250...

I think Erosa ITD is nearly +300... Why not just play Dawson ITD near evens and arb out with Erosa ITD? The Fight Doesn't Go The Distance Line is -250...

It's been bet down like crazy. I believe I had it around -180. Is that really much of an arb opportunity anyways? I haven't ran the #'s, but at first glance, it seems that the implied probabilities are pretty similar.

You're on the side of the sherdog circle jerk and you're telling me I'm on the wrong side LOL

Recently speaking: Cifers, Sanchez, Lando, Espino were some pretty epic confirmed circle jerks. Don't knock the CJ, just buy some lube and join in.

edit: not Diego though, but included here because fuck Gall.

Currently forcing myself to watch 5 rounds of Paddy Pimblett vs Julian Erosa in an attempt to get a feel on Erosa's takedown defense... :confused::(

You can call JDS shopworn but Mark Hunt was in even worse shape when he easily dominated Derrick Lewis.

May be way off base, but Black Beast travelling to the literal other side of the world for the fight may have had an impact on his performance in that one

Last edited:
Lewis: I'm too relaxed, never felt like this before, it's weird, cut 28 pounds this week, he's got good cardio, that's about it, all I've been focused on is conditioning, no technique, just conditioning, I'm 280 fight night, try to move around 25 mins, try not to get tired, I don't enjoy fighting, I'm investing in alot of companies and businesses, have meetings next week

Zaleski dos Santos: Co-main is a big thing, finally happening, not sure why it's taken so long, after this win, it's top 10 opponent, FOTN, will put on a show, get exposure, I'm a complete fighter, I go to war

Rothwell: I'm here to do business, I have no predictions, I have my actions to speak for me, I don't want to discuss my past, it's personal, I own a gym, and I'm there, I'm here as a fighter, when I was away I was a martial artist, Ivanov is the toughest fight not on a top 10 list

[QUOTE="Jordan3399, post: 149938745, member: 548505" You can call JDS shopworn but Mark Hunt was in even worse shape when he easily dominated Derrick Lewis.

May be way off base, but Black Beast travelling to the literal other side of the world for the fight may have had an impact on his performance in that one[/QUOTE]
Possibly but there was nothing particularly unusual about his performance. He threw the same strikes he normally would at the same pace and gassed the same. Not like Mark Hunts a bad fighter or anything either, but at 43 with all the beatings (one courtesy of JDS himself) he's taken in MMA and K1 he certainly is a lot more shopworn than JDS.

I don't think there is much of an argument to be had, I already summed it up. Boetsch is done, he wants out of the game, he's an old man and he's moving on with his life. I don't know what else I can tell you.

Think that was the breadth of your argument for Moicano against Aldo too, so can't say im shocked.

I have never seen this before and I don't know if there is any value what so ever here. All I know is that there is a hot babe with huge tits in the video. Gotta love the influx of hot babes with huge tits in MMA. There's clearly an opening in the market for interviewer/expertise goodlooking chicks in MMA and the best part for them is that they really don't need to know shit lol.

Speaking of female journalists with huge breasts covering combat sports:

I can’t bet against Lewis at +odds here...this is one of those fights/opponents where he looks like complete shit for 2-3 rounds and somehow ends up on top of JDS pounding him dead

Think that was the breadth of your argument for Moicano against Aldo too, so can't say im shocked.
The interview posted above with him certainly sounds like he's got more than one foot out the door. I don't think that assures him a loss here, but it definitely can't be reassuring.

The interview posted above with him certainly sounds like he's got more than one foot out the door. I don't think that assures him a loss here, but it definitely can't be reassuring.

Listen to the full interview, doesn't sound nearly as bad. I mean I knew Boetsch was 38 before I bet him, kind of common sense that retirement will be on his mind at that age. He could've gave some bullshit answer that hes had the best camp and in the best shape of his life, but hes a straight forward guy. He said business slows down in the winter and he had 12-13 weeks to prepare. Also mentioned Omari matchup was too good of one for him to pass up, probably because he knows he is better everywhere.

In general people put way too much stock in interviews when in reality most turn out to be bullshit. Remember D1 Villante was supposed to show up. Cheeseburger Eddie, AKA Johnny Hendricks was always in the best shape of his life. List goes on and on.

Love what I hear from Benny in this interview.

He was specifically asked if he wants to make the fight "exciting" because Dober said he just wants to have an exciting fight (jobber mentality lol). Benny said he wants to control the fight from start to finish and that this is the most important goal for him in a fight. He also predicts a submission victory. Might happen, might not happen but at least we can be sure that Beneil‘s goal will be to dominate Dober with his superior grappling.

Only thing hindering me from betting him now is that Dober has good cardio, is quite fast and moves forward non stop. I think he also has some power despite his low KO rate. However it’s a southpaw vs southpaw fight and that could benefit Dariush here as we saw Dober struggle at times against another southpaw in OAM.
Good points man but I'm gonna stay away from this fight. Imo you're crazy if you bet against Dober in this fight.... You saw his last performance, right? The guy looked like Dober 2.0. He's improving.... Rapidly. And my blood is too warm to allow me to comfortably bet against a focused, hungry dog like Dober

Listen to the full interview, doesn't sound nearly as bad. I mean I knew Boetsch was 38 before I bet him, kind of common sense that retirement will be on his mind at that age. He could've gave some bullshit answer that hes had the best camp and in the best shape of his life, but hes a straight forward guy. He said business slows down in the winter and he had 12-13 weeks to prepare. Also mentioned Omari matchup was too good of one for him to pass up, probably because he knows he is better everywhere.

In general people put way too much stock in interviews when in reality most turn out to be bullshit. Remember D1 Villante was supposed to show up. Cheeseburger Eddie, AKA Johnny Hendricks was always in the best shape of his life. List goes on and on.
I'm not going to disagree I don't want to touch the fight, although if I was forced to choose a winner without a regard for odds, I'd favour Omari.

I appreciate his honesty but yeah you definitely need to try to read between the lines on what they're saying as best as possible. I would have appreciated a reference to Georges "dark place" there haha

Back