UFN 98 - Ferguson vs RDA - Mexico City

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck…I heared UFC will cut the events of the year from 40+ to 30+. It means we get less fights to bet?!?!

They have no reason to do that. With the amount of fighters on the roster they HAVE to put on at least the amount of events they have this year

fuck…I heared UFC will cut the events of the year from 40+ to 30+. It means we get less fights to bet?!?!
Where'd you hear that? I hope it's not true. I'm starting to get nervous about these new UFC owners. All you bettors that complained in the past about weak Fight Night or Fight Pass cards like when they used to go to those small non air-conditioned venues in Brazil or elsewhere are going to be sorry you ever bitched if they cut the schedule way back.

They have no reason to do that. With the amount of fighters on the roster they HAVE to put on at least the amount of events they have this year
Who says they won't trim the roster way down as well. They just cut 13 fighters the other day. You have to remember that the old UFC owners, the Fertittas and Dana were hardcore MMA fans. Now the UFC is owned by a bunch of filthy casuals.

Who says they won't trim the roster way down as well. They just cut 13 fighters the other day. You have to remember that the old UFC owners, the Fertittas and Dana were hardcore MMA fans. Now the UFC is owned by a bunch of filthy casuals.
Ufc was headed in a specific direction prevously geared toward growth. they did a great job of bringing in new fighters and growing the roster. this is a good strategy long term for the sport as you always need up and comers. however from a strictly $ perspective i could see a model of fewer fighters and fewer events being more profitable.

The divisions are full of fighters that no one cares about except us hardcores. most people dont care about seeing even a guy like edson barboza or trinaldo fight.

Ps. waiting to see how much my no capitalization annoys ppl. lol typing on my phone.

Where'd you hear that? I hope it's not true. I'm starting to get nervous about these new UFC owners. All you bettors that complained in the past about weak Fight Night or Fight Pass cards like when they used to go to those small non air-conditioned venues in Brazil or elsewhere are going to be sorry you ever bitched if they cut the schedule way back.
they cut 13 fighters the other day, propably more to come

• Shane Campbell
  • Kevin Casey
  • Cody East
  • Glaico Franca
  • Leonardo Augusto ‘Leleco’ Guimaraes
  • Cory Hendricks
  • Caio Magalhaes
  • Enrique Marin
  • Tamdan McCrory
  • Kenny Robertson
  • Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva
  • Sean Spencer
  • Alberto Uda

• Shane Campbell
  • Kevin Casey
  • Cody East
  • Glaico Franca
  • Cory Hendricks
  • Caio Magalhaes
  • Enrique Marin
  • Tamdan McCrory
  • Kenny Robertson
  • Sean Spencer
  • Alberto Uda

Looks like it will be more difficult to stay in the UFC now, 2 loses in a row and you are out if you are lowly ranked. Whereas before that you usually were allowed 3 loses in a row.

The potential for a UFC contraction with less cards going forward- which hopefully won't come to pass- is another reason why I always disagreed with anyone who said they wished other promotions like WSOF would fold and fighters like Justin Gaethje would compete in the UFC. I like having a handful of second and third tier organizations that have their own tv deals independent of UFC and even Fight Pass so we have something to fill in the Friday nights or weekends where the UFC takes off by coincidence or design.

I think Magomedov is overrated. He is good but something is missing. Maybe it's killer instinct or finishing ability. He fought Burns. At the time people thought Burns was very good but look what Prazeres did to him. Whos with me? Dariush all day. Also Rashid fights once a year.

The potential for a UFC contraction with less cards going forward- which hopefully won't come to pass- is another reason why I always disagreed with anyone who said they wished other promotions like WSOF would fold and fighters like Justin Gaethje would compete in the UFC. I like having a handful of second and third tier organizations that have their own tv deals independent of UFC and even Fight Pass so we have something to fill in the Friday nights or weekends where the UFC takes off by coincidence or design.
Agreed. and WSOF and Bellator will sign almost everyone UFC cuts and make the orgs a lot closer in terms of a skilled roster

I think Magomedov is overrated. He is good but something is missing. Maybe it's killer instinct or finishing ability. He fought Burns. At the time people thought Burns was very good but look what Prazeres did to him. Whos with me? Dariush all day. Also Rashid fights once a year.

Agree no killer instinct. Im halfway thru watching tape on dariush i dont think his td's based on what ive seen so far are good enough to take rashid down. Can he out strike rashid? Rashid picked up his volume in his last two fights compared to his first two ufc fights.

Agreed. and WSOF and Bellator will sign almost everyone UFC cuts and make the orgs a lot closer in terms of a skilled roster
It's almost the end of October and Bellator has seven cards and a half dozen title fights lined before the end of the year. I know there's no live betting or full array of props for these, but their schedule is looking very credible.

Agree no killer instinct. Im halfway thru watching tape on dariush i dont think his td's based on what ive seen so far are good enough to take rashid down. Can he out strike rashid? Rashid picked up his volume in his last two fights compared to his first two ufc fights.

I am very high on Rashid. I actually think he is the second best pure striker in MMA behind McGregor, and his TDD is pretty solid, but this is one of the worst matchups for him, so much so that I've decided to bet Dariush at the current odds. I'm pretty sure Dariush is going to get more benefit out of the opposite stance matchup, and should be able to throw left body kicks with impunity given his grappling edge. He just has far more paths to victory, and I don't see any as particularly unlikely.

• Shane Campbell
  • Kevin Casey
  • Cody East
  • Glaico Franca
  • Cory Hendricks
  • Caio Magalhaes
  • Enrique Marin
  • Tamdan McCrory
  • Kenny Robertson
  • Sean Spencer
  • Alberto Uda
WOW

They cut some good fighters.

I still think Uda is better than people think. Has potential to be a top 15 MW in the UFC. Spencer is good, Robertson is really good when he plays his game, HW needs Cody East, Campbell is unlucky to be fighting in a hyper-competitive division.

Otherwise I understand the cuts.

I am very high on Rashid. I actually think he is the second best pure striker in MMA behind McGregor, and his TDD is pretty solid, but this is one of the worst matchups for him, so much so that I've decided to bet Dariush at the current odds. I'm pretty sure Dariush is going to get more benefit out of the opposite stance matchup, and should be able to throw left body kicks with impunity given his grappling edge. He just has far more paths to victory, and I don't see any as particularly unlikely.

Do you think he can take Rashid down tho or do you think he out strikes him? I've only watched Cruickshank and Miller fights so far. His stand up looked very good against Cruickshank, but he seemed to struggle a little against Miller albeit there was little stand up as Darisuh rightly took the path of least resistance. Burns started r1 really well he applied a lot of pressure to Rashid which Rashid didn't seem to like - I think Dariush needs to apply the same pressure he can't give Rashid space to work his range.

WOW

They cut some good fighters.

I still think Uda is better than people think. Has potential to be a top 15 MW in the UFC. Spencer is good, Robertson is really good when he plays his game, HW needs Cody East, Campbell is unlucky to be fighting in a hyper-competitive division.

Otherwise I understand the cuts.

Really? Personally i don't see one name who deserved to keep their place.

Beneil should be the favourite IMO, took him at +140, live dog for sure. I like Sanchez and Ferguson as well. All have great value.

Everyone picking Dariush do you think he out strikes Rashid or grounds him? I still haven't made my mind up on this one. I definitely think Magomedov is beatable but im not sure Dariush can get him down. Burns did once and he was able to get back to his feet pretty quickly. Burns was worried by the stand up a lot more than Dariush will be tho.

I don't see dariush outstriking rashid, but crazier things have happened, I'm very tempted to take dariush's price now with the amount of action his lines been getting. I think it will trade lower for a green book

So watched tape on Magomedov and Dariush. I was hoping to like Dariush here as the dog but i actually favour Magomedov. Totally get why people like Dariush here but i really don't think he can take Magomedov down his takedowns are pretty poor and are pretty much limited to a blast double that isn't very blast! MJ easily stuffed every double attempt. I can't bet Magomedov at -140 tho but if he drops to -120 i will be tempted. I think this will be a stand up fight and I wouldn't be surprised if Dariush won a close dec due to Magomedov's lack of killer instinct and sometimes low volume style. But i have to side with the more skilled striker in what i expect to be a stand up fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back