International UK passes bill to send illegal migrants to poverty stricken Rwanda

To me it sounds like they choose to push this ridiculous plan so that it can look like they are doing something (even though that something is completely idiotic) while knowing that it will never be done.

There's a reasonable chance they rush this through as a gimmick, fly some people out there, and have to fly them back shortly after the election at massive expense.

They're being sent to a country they have no connection to... after illegally entering a country they have no connection to. Cry me a fucking river.

There is also the issue of the ethics of sending people away to extremely poor nations
We also need to consider the ethical issues with being an economic migrant posing as a refugee.

Europe cant be africas welfare office. Something has to be done
Yeah, that would be as crazy as colonizing countries and setting their independent successors up to fail.

This just in...UK realizes there are lots of countries on Earth other than in the West, where refugees can be sent. Incredible breakthrough!
Diversity will be their strength in Rwanda

Yeah, that would be as crazy as colonizing countries and setting their independent successors up to fail.
Yeah lets just have them flood into Europe. Great idea.

Yeah lets just have them flood into Europe. Great idea.
If only there was a middle ground between those two extremes you've highlighted. Eh, oh well, guess not since everyone knows all policy questions have only 2 potential outcomes, and never anymore that that.

To be fair, Rwanda is a better place than where these refugees are coming from
France

There's a reasonable chance they rush this through as a gimmick, fly some people out there, and have to fly them back shortly after the election at massive expense.

In my opinion that’s exactly what they are doing and exactly what will happen

If only there was a middle ground between those two extremes you've highlighted. Eh, oh well, guess not since everyone knows all policy questions have only 2 potential outcomes, and never anymore that that.
Auto gatlings at the med coastline?

There is also the issue of the ethics of sending people away to extremely poor nations

They're apparently asylum seekers. They should be settling in any safe haven, and Rwanda has been declared a safe haven, they should have no complaints if they just wanna go somewhere and get a job, live their lives etc. But we both know that isn't what they want. They want government benefits, which is why they aren't happy with this arrangement.

Honestly, one of the most embarrassing 'stunts' during my lifetime, this.

Utterly, utterly ridiculous.

If you sat down with some dimwitted kids and said "immigration is a problem, what should we do", "send them to Timbuktu (Mali, I know)" is the kind of response you'd expect. This is actual policy, though, created by real politicians who know for a fact it's nonsense.

This scheme has already cost £290 million. It has another £100 million allocated to it for 2 years.

The Rwanda scheme will remove no more than 5,000 people per year, and there is literally nothing stopping them just travelling round and having another go...

Fucking.

Retarded.

I know the supposed 'cruelty' will appeal to some, I don't even consider it that cruel. It's just moronic. Just put up a £300 million "please don't come here" jewel-encrusted sign, it will be equally effective and nearly £100 million cheaper.
Curious as to why you think this plan is so unworkable and unreasonable.

Australia managed to massively reduce the number of boats by adopting a similar tactic.

Also curious as to what you would do to stop the boats coming.

They're apparently asylum seekers. They should be settling in any safe haven, and Rwanda has been declared a safe haven, they should have no complaints if they just wanna go somewhere and get a job, live their lives etc. But we both know that isn't what they want. They want government benefits, which is why they aren't happy with this arrangement.
They're coming from France.

They didn't like that. From yesterday.

The upcoming EU parliament elections are going to be interesting. Here's hoping the predicted globo wipeout happens. Strasbourg/Brussels is the command centre of the multicultural experiment, and with enough rightwingers there you might start dismantling it from within.

They're coming from France.

France better smarten up about its immigration policies.

Leeching off the welfare system and wreaking havoc on its infrastructures. Gee, I wonder what value these fuckers bring to the country.

The upcoming EU parliament elections are going to be interesting. Here's hoping the predicted globo wipeout happens. Strasbourg/Brussels is the command centre of the multicultural experiment, and with enough rightwingers there you might start dismantling it from within.
I'm voting for the party that argues against immigration and I don't even generally like them, but they're the only ones that touch the issue in my country. I think these elections will be interesting, because so far the parliament has been filled with the biggest leftard quacks we got in the EU. Literally unemployable people that spend their time in Brussels on huge salaries yelling about immigrants welcome.

mother fcker I just escaped from there!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back