Media Umar Nurmagomedov on fighting Merab Dvalishvili: “I see no threat in him”

Who would win a potential fight?

• Total voters
You can only fight people who sign the contract to fight you. Umar hasn't even lost a round to anybody.
It's been said before but maybe he shouldn't have pulled out against good opponents like nathaniel wood, jack shore, cory sandhagen? Dude should shut his yap when he's a pullout merchant.

It's so stupid watching guys who most people think would win top matchups slowly crawl up the rankings. I know the match with Sandhagen was on him, but that was his 1 opportunity to break into top 5. There should be a public announcement when UFC books fights, and public notification who declined the fight and reason and also that should effect rankings. Guys who are monsters you have to wait years until they have a chance to "beat someone" to "earn" a titleshot, when Umar would be a favorite over Merab/Sean/anyone really.
You can't reward someone for pulling out of fights. If he is so many levels above his competition, then fighting up the rankings should be easy. Make weight, get paid.

It's been said before but maybe he shouldn't have pulled out against good opponents like nathaniel wood, jack shore, cory sandhagen? Dude should shut his yap when he's a pullout merchant.
Cool story, Merab has lost 4 times, Umar hasn't even lost a round.

This battle of Caucasians will probably happen at some point.
However, at this time Umar just needs to get his butt in the octagon a few times. He has had some bad luck, but evenso, man needs a few fights before even bringing up Merab.

You can't reward someone for pulling out of fights. If he is so many levels above his competition, then fighting up the rankings should be easy. Make weight, get paid.
Afaik, he had bad luck and he pulled on his end the 1 guy who was going to finally give him his top ranking. Either way, my point is he is going to be a favorite booked with guys all in top 5, therefore in a sane world he would only get top 5 guys next even with his 1 pull out. Which I think was something serious considering the opportunity for him.

More like it's hard to fight ranked guys when you pull out of your fights with them
And expect to get someone in the upper half of the top 10 before fighting top 15 or top 7-12 ranked guys like everyone else typically has to. It's weird that forcing someone to earn a top 5 fight is viewed as ducking. I mean if I worked my way into the top 5 via beating a top 15 then top 10 guys I wouldn't want to fight someone with no top 15 or top 10 wins yet either.

Hold on, let me get his medical file for you. I have it next to all the other files of every fighter that gets injured.
He wasn't injured, he was hurt. Big difference.

If every fighter refused to fight at less than 100% we wouldn't have any cards, ever. Cejudo just fought Merab with a pulled groin. If a Nurmagomedov rolled his ankle preflight like Ortega they would exit the octagon immediately.

He wasn't injured, he was hurt. Big difference.
Send me his file, I cant find it. Im interested in reading that diagnosis.
If every fighter refused to fight at less than 100% we wouldn't have any cards, ever. Cejudo just fought Merab with a pulled groin. If a Nurmagomedov rolled his ankle preflight like Ortega they would exit the octagon immediately.
This isn't even worthy of a reply. I already provided an example above that refuted this with Khabib coming in with broken toes and having just recovered from the mumps against JG for a title fight, but either you missed it or didn't understand or just arguing in bad faith.

<{nope}>

Back