UMBRELLA ACADEMY (Season 3 Trailer; Returns June 22, 2022)

This plot seems really interesting. I'm a little shaky on the cult leader seeming a bit tacky though & some of the scenes they showed seemed a little tacky. Some seemed cool though. What's the read on season 1... do they offer some good writing & acting or does it all come off a bit much like some of these scenes maybe indicate?

I bailed on the first season mid way.

The show is acted well for the most part, interesting story, a tad on the slow side so strange pace either goes slow or goes too fast, weird and quirky, over the top, it is all over the place tries to be artsy and different.. has no idea what genre it wants to be.
I suspect it worked better in a comic then on TV, yet if anyone wants 'superheros' done different then I could see the appeal.

Even if it has the much larger platform (Netflix) it wasn't the best superhero show of 2019 that honor went to The Boys (Amazon) so if you are looking for that kind of a show I'll say give the later a try but know it is heavy on satire and R.

I fucking LOVED the first season and have been eagerly awaiting the next season. I think they did a very good job of showing "multiple angles" of the situation, but doing it at different times so it kept on pushing the story.

I generally can't stand Ellen Page and her pretentious mannerisms, but I think that actually worked out very well for her character in the show. She's supposed to be a jealous, meek, loner-type and I think she pulled it off perfectly. I really enjoyed all the actors and how I thought they kind of merged the comic book silliness with actual drama / action.

I bailed on the first season mid way.

The show is acted well for the most part, interesting story, a tad on the slow side so strange pace either goes slow or goes too fast, weird and quirky, over the top, it is all over the place tries to be artsy and different.. has no idea what genre it wants to be.
I suspect it worked better in a comic then on TV, yet if anyone wants 'superheros' done different then I could see the appeal.

Even if it has the much larger platform (Netflix) it wasn't the best superhero show of 2019 that honor went to The Boys (Amazon) so if you are looking for that kind of a show I'll say give the later a try but know it is heavy on satire and R.

Agreed. When it comes to TV comic book shows, The Boys >>>>>>>>>>>>.everyone else.

I fucking LOVED the first season and have been eagerly awaiting the next season. I think they did a very good job of showing "multiple angles" of the situation, but doing it at different times so it kept on pushing the story.

I generally can't stand Ellen Page and her pretentious mannerisms, but I think that actually worked out very well for her character in the show. She's supposed to be a jealous, meek, loner-type and I think she pulled it off perfectly. I really enjoyed all the actors and how I thought they kind of merged the comic book silliness with actual drama / action.
Not to mention she's sedated for a good portion of the show lol

97% on Rotten Tomatoes at the moment for season 2
<mma4>

Last edited:
I really liked the first season as a whole. I think they fleshed out the characters very well, established backstories, and gave each character their own moment and largely made me feel for them in some way.

I've been waiting for Season 2 and will be wasting hours of my life away watching it. Between this show and The Boys I'm going to be velcro'ed to my sofa.

Didn't the Ghostbusters reboot have a 97% rotten tomatoes too? I like this show but rotten tomatoes means nothing.

I remember it having a stupidly high rating and most of the positive reviews were from brand new accounts to the surprise of no one. It's at 74% now which is still generous. Guess the studio stopped posting reviews?

Didn't the Ghostbusters reboot have a 97% rotten tomatoes too? I like this show but rotten tomatoes means nothing.
Well I don't think this has some big political agenda behind it, so I'm hoping it's just because the season is good haha

Just started the first episode and I can see their standards haven't slipped on the quality of the soundtrack. Love that opening sequence of them fighting the Soviets as well.

I enjoyed the first season even though I think the ending was a bullshit copout. It's not The Boys, but I'll check out season 2.

Just on episode 7 now. Felt like the start of the season took a major step back and it was very slow to get going. Episode 5, 6, and 7 have been great though. Hopefully this quality carriers on until the end of the season.

Back