Unpopular OPINION: Cowboy will outclass AL

When i think bout it agian though, you may be right... Cowboy almost won Hobbie Lawler not so long ago. That gotta count for something. Submittred Perry, koed Yancy and Hernndez. His on a roll.
I will think of him as a favourite in this bout.
That fight could of gone to cowboy

Not convinced cowboy has the stomach for someone as angry and cardio driven as Al. If he can pull out some of his tricky ground game I like him but trying to stand in front of Al is withering to all but the truly elite. If cowboy tries to high five and Al has none of it will he fold away into that good night? We shall see.

This will be a great fight to see if Al Iquinta is for real, or if Kevin Lee is severely overrated.

I was absolutely shocked when Al beat Lee. However, it's possible that Lee was just very overrated. If that's the case, I see Cowboy dismantling Al.

Cerrone has looked his age the past few fights, I know he's won but has looked slower than usual and taking more punches thus why I think Al takes this one via tko.
fighting at welterweight probably took a toll on him.

Not a chance, and i'd av/sig bet on it too. Al is too legit 2 quit, went 5 tough rounds with Khabib and destroyed Kevin Lee. Cowboy got nothing for Ragin Al Bundy.

I'm very surprised so many people are pick Al. I'm not sure what he brings to this fight. He has very slightly above average stand up, unless he just unleashes a hellish salvo of strikes early I can't see him really being a problem for Cowboy on the feet. Al has shown good TDD, but his takedowns are nothing special, meanwhile Cowboy has really really good TDD. If it goes to the ground I expect cowboy to pretty much have his way with him as he has almost every opponent he's ever faced.

With little over 2 weeks till Cowboy vs AL I would just like to say Cowboy is going to outclass him

He will use his reach, his height, his underated offensive wrestling aswell as hard leg kicks to negate ALs offence
It will be a master class

He likely submits AL or Knocks him out with a head kick

Visual aid
HandsomeRemorsefulIbis-size_restricted.gif
DisastrousLimpFerret-size_restricted.gif
CaringImprobableBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

dbe54da360ce0304d065ebb40d1b121f.gif

View attachment 568461 View attachment 568463 View attachment 568465 View attachment 568467 View attachment 568469
Love Cerrone and the way he brings it and he might just beat Al but Cerrone isnt elite or upper tier so it's just kind of weird seeing that hes going to "outclass" anyone who's decently ranked. If they threw him someone outside the top 20 then no problems . I personally think this is going to be quite a dust up but I see Al investing some early bodywork that pays off by early -mid 3rd round but mes could be wrong.

Bad matchup for cerrone, Als improved boxing, infighting and tds too much for cerrone.
Recently it appears He’s been blending all 3 very well. Was impressed vs Lee and khabib.

Don’t be surprised to see Donald submitted late or tko.

Long Island Century 21 champ realtor is wrecking shop now. Seems to be improving too.

Not a chance, and i'd av/sig bet on it too. Al is too legit 2 quit, went 5 tough rounds with Khabib and destroyed Kevin Lee. Cowboy got nothing for Ragin Al Bundy.
Destroyed? Hyperbole much? It was 2-2 going to the fifth round
It was very competitive

Think Al roughs Cowboy up a bit and then finds an opening, drops Al with a stiff jab or a cross and finishes up with a lightening fast sub.

You heard it here by me

I can see a Cowboy sub win. Al is good at defending the one note grappling of Kevin Lee. But trickier styles on the ground like the Chiesa's - I don't think so. His willingness to give up his back actually bought him a lot of time both v Lee and Khabib. They are not super nuanced or dedicated submission artists so it was a calculated risk. Much better to defend the choke v Khabib than being mauled IMO. I can't tell you how they match-up strikingwise exactly, but for sure Al doesn't want to mess with Cowboy on the ground.

Cowboy going down to 155 I think robbed him off his mobility, though. Seeing his movement @ 170 and directly comparing it with his last fight vs the new prospect Hernandez, I saw him not as quick with his footwork. Stuck in the mud, compared to 170 Cowboy I would even say. Will this become a problem vs Al? I don't know, but its's worth mentioning.

Al is not the long reach straight puncher who Donald usually struggles with... Also, Al is mainy a boxer and his stance is kinda succeptable to being legkicked to death...

I don't know with this one, but on paper I would say Donald Cerrone has a few key advantages.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back