Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Shamil Gaziev is fighting Darko Stosic on this card. If he wins its hard to imagine he isn't called up to a big promotion.

B-69_-_FA-Abdisalam_Kubanychbek_Vs_Kamil_Magomedov.jpg

The promoter must be managing Savage and believe he needs to get this one back because this fight is absolutely pointless.

Jakori Savage already has a very real shot of getting a UFC call-up.t He is a young 6"6 athletic American HW. The UFC loves guys with his background. He didn't need to get this one back, but nonetheless he will attempt to. Hard not to respect it with the way Smith has been brutally KOing guys.

I predict this one ends the exact same way the first one did.

331172429_1605938536522619_6922338853375884772_n.jpg

The only problem I see with him is the ground game he showed off in his MMA debut. Didn't look like he had done much, if any, grappling training.
Okay I didn't watch that many fights but it wasn't like he was a world destroyer in Glory but then again HW MMA is not exactly the highest level of competition so his striking might work out.
But basically tells me he will get wrestlefucked by any decent grappler.

Okay I didn't watch that many fights but it wasn't like he was a world destroyer in Glory but then again HW MMA is not exactly the highest level of competition so his striking might work out.
But basically tells me he will get wrestlefucked by any decent grappler.

Jhonata's kickboxing game is uniquely translatable to MMA; very agressive with his hands, frequent low kicker, and was never really reliant on the bigger gloves to cover up when under attack.

His ground game may be better now ten months removed given he seems to be aggressively pursuing MMA opportunities.

Jhonata's kickboxing game is uniquely translatable to MMA; very agressive with his hands, frequent low kicker, and was never really reliant on the bigger gloves to cover up when under attack.

His ground game may be better now ten months removed given he seems to be aggressively pursuing MMA opportunities.
Would be great to have some new HWs, I mean a lot of People that didn't do great under k1 rules are doing amazing in MMA, best example would be Dustin Jacoby.

Anthony Cassar made his MMA debut in December of last year, but it feels like it flew completely under the radar. He is a high level wrestler that everyone should keep an eye on. I wouldn't be surprised if he got fast tracked to the UFC like Bo did.

Back