Urgent care eliminating nurse positions

P0NYBOY

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Medexpress just stated all nursing positions will be discontinued.
Not sure if it’s just them or if there is a shift in the industry.
Doesn’t seem a wise move.

"They" just want y'all to die...

They probably need to make cuts and decided the nurses are costing them too much. They will probably rely on med techs to do a lot of the grunt work. Maybe just have 1 RN to triage and providers will assess, treat and probably administer any medication as needed.

All of them….in the next 2 months.

They think they can get away with running only CNAs and a remote Physician's Assistant whom you spend two minutes facetiming on a tablet held by the receptionist.

It's weird. CNA's and most LVN's don't know shit. And RN's have extreme variance, with some being worthless and others being almost as knowledgeable as a good doctor.

I think that industry needs better delineation between the roles. It makes no sense how an ICU RN can be brilliant while some other idiot works in a doctor's office also had the title of RN when she doesn't do jack shit.

They're just going to get sued even more now

Medical industry is getting lazy AF when I broke my clavicle they just asked me a bunch of questions on a computer in urgent care who all they did was check my BP. I didn't even see a real doctor till I went to ortho. Back in the days I would have seen a real doctor immediately with a bone broken in half.

Medical industry is getting lazy AF when I broke my clavicle they just asked me a bunch of questions on a computer in urgent care who all they did was check my BP. I didn't even see a real doctor till I went to ortho. Back in the days I would have seen a real doctor immediately with a bone broken in half.

Whats back in the day? Cause those urgencare places I thought were sort of a new thing. I agree back in the day at a real hospital a doctor would have looked at it.

It's weird. CNA's and most LVN's don't know shit. And RN's have extreme variance, with some being worthless and others being almost as knowledgeable as a good doctor.

I think that industry needs better delineation between the roles. It makes no sense how an ICU RN can be brilliant while some other idiot works in a doctor's office also had the title of RN when she doesn't do jack shit.
You can extrapolate this to almost all healthcare positions, including doctors and surgeons.

Nonetheless, nursing jobs aren't going anywhere. It's like the most prevalent job (I made that up).

Edit: I'm actually not wrong.

You already answered your question lol

Should had gone to the ER

This is what a "for profit" Healthcare system looks like. Sure, we've got issues with Healthcare here in Canada, but at least they're not trying to pull shit like this.

Good luck US sherbros, you're gonna need it.

<RomeroSalute>

<{you!}>

It’s making the news and ramping up at Reddit.

I am not ponyboy on Reddit.

Back