US drug control agency will move to reclassify marijuana in a historic shift

i take 10mg delta 9 gummies virtually every night. shit is amazing. but the loophole by the 2018 farm bill is just another way of the government 'legally' taxing the industry. there is NO difference between delta 9 products and the 'illegal' version. the effects are identical. I put a pot head (smoker) friend onto delta 9 flower and he, who has a very high tolerance, said the effecifacy (sp?) is just as potent is illegal flower.

i take 10mg delta 9 gummies virtually every night. shit is amazing. but the loophole by the 2018 farm bill is just another way of the government 'legally' taxing the industry. there is NO difference between delta 9 products and the 'illegal' version. the effects are identical. I put a pot head (smoker) friend onto delta 9 flower and he, who has a very high tolerance, said the effecifacy (sp?) is just as potent is illegal flower.
Alt cannabinoids are the term for them and below is the list of the ones that you will most likely come across when purchasing products

List of the most common alt cannabinoids on the market and their strength compared to Delta 9

Delta 8 - 50% as potent as D9
Delta 10 - 20% as potent as D9
Delta 11 - 50% as potent as D9
HHC - Around 80% as potent as regular D9
HHCO - 3x stronger than D9
HHCP - 3x stronger than D9
THCA - Non psychoactive from of THC but when heated it turns into the active form and has the same strength as D9
THCO - 3x stronger than D9
THCP - 6x stronger than D9
THCV - 20% as potent as D9

What took so long?
First they needed to wait until there was a lot of support for it. I think some of the last nation wide polls had marijuana legalization at like 70 percent support which is a crazy level of support for a divided country. Even Republicans under the age of 50 support legalization in high numbers.

They also wanted to strategically wait until it would be politically advantageous. This is an election year. This administration is going with rescheduling rather than legalization both because they are being cautious and because later on they can push for full legalization which will give them another bump in votes at a later date.

First they needed to wait until there was a lot of support for it. I think some of the last nation wide polls had marijuana legalization at like 70 percent support which is a crazy level of support for a divided country. Even Republicans under the age of 50 support legalization in high numbers.

They also wanted to strategically wait until it would be politically advantageous. This is an election year. This administration is going with rescheduling rather than legalization both because they are being cautious and because later on they can push for full legalization which will give them another bump in votes at a later date.
You left out the biggest key... Big pharma.

Try again

Yeah... now that there are billions in tax revenue to be collected of course they finally get their heads out of their ass.

For any retards that think the government exist for the people, wake the fuck up. The government is here to take your money and make it their money and their campaign donors money.

Cleptocrisy, Oligarchy, Plutocrisy
Take your pick.

It is a republic in name alone and never was a democracy.
I pretty much agree with all of that, but I am happy that we are slowly moving closer toward legalization even if it won't happen nationwide until after more of the boomers have died.

Pot prohibition was always absurd going all the way back to reefer madness propaganda.

You left out the biggest key... Big pharma.

Try again
Yes, big pharma blocked it for a long time because it was unable to patent cannabis based medicine that was on par with just using plain cannabis.

Does big pharma support it now or is it just a matter of them not having the power to keep blocking it due to it's high level of support amongst voters of both parties?

Yes, big pharma blocked it for a long time because it was unable to patent cannabis based medicine that was on par with just using plain cannabis.

Does big pharma support it now or is it just a matter of them not having the power to keep blocking it due to it's high level of support amongst voters of both parties?
It would make a lot of their products useless...

I think the biggest part of it is how the country views it now. Both parties have come closer on this issue and I have doubts Big Pharma is trying to lobby against it in the current climate. Big Pharma is probably itching for the rescheduling of the drug, because they have all the tech needed to produce whatever the hell they want with cannabis and sell it.

Back