Economy US economy adds 2.5m jobs in May, unemployment rate falls to 13%.

You want the economy to fail sooo bad
lol get real dude of all the retailers you picked the one that was going to close a shitload of stores regardless.
If anything you should be celebrating this burning of deadwood retail in blighting malls as their company restructures (JCP)

Why am I not surprised that you can't read?

Yeah definitely weren't closing stores right before the virus hit genius.
https://www.businessinsider.com/jcpenney-closing-stores-list-addresses-2020-1

2019: https://footwearnews.com/2019/business/retail/jcpenney-going-bankrupt-2019-debt-1202805985/

You picked the worst possible retail example lol.
Closing 6 stores for a business with over 850 outlets is business-as-usual.

I can't but notice you're the guy who has been predicting Tesla would go out of business for longer than Social Security chicken littles have been predicting its coffers would run dry.

Closing 6 stores for a business with over 850 outlets is business-as-usual.

I can't but notice you're the guy who has been predicting Tesla would go out of business for longer than Social Security chicken littles have been predicting its coffers would run dry.
Once again total fiction: I have not said Tesla will go BK and you repeating this notion only reaffirms your complete idiocy.
Are you really sitting here trying to call me a simple jack and pretending JCPenney was a solvent retailer before Covid? It's really impressive and people all across the political spectrum would laugh at what a retard you sound like.

If any positive news comes out, Nancy Pelosi will find some way to say it was Obama who is somehow responsible, LMFAO

Your post is pretty stupid. How much you want to bet she wont try to spin as if it is cause of Obama? Youre just making shit up. LOL at your fake news.

J.C. Penney considering bankruptcy as coronavirus hurts department stores

J.C. Penney files for bankruptcy protection, becoming the latest — and biggest — retail casualty of the coronavirus pandemic

Pandemic Claims Yet Another Retailer: J.C. Penney

simple_jack_poster460.jpg

Everyone has known for a while that JC Penney was a dying business. I've read a lot of articles of them dying last year as well. Their Share prices have been in dumps for a long time. This is nothing shocking dude. The question was when they were going to start closing off the majority of their stores.

Man you are getting embarrassed. Ouch. Take the L and move along

LMAO, no he is not. Youre the one who has no idea what was going on with JC Penney. I think you should be quiet and listen. Everyone but you and a few others have known for a while JC was a dying business. Their share prices have been shit for a while. They've even had to change their CEO's a few times thats how bad it has been there.

Your bias is ridiculous and your ignorance is showing dude.

It's hilarious the role reversal we've all taken in just 4 years. Now the right is blindly defending employment figures they were previously calling fake under Obama (no material changes to how those figures are compiled under Trump) and the left is now skeptical of figures of they were blindly defending under Obama.

I don't think it's a bothsides issue or that defending the BLS is a matter of blindness. The way the organization is set up, there's no chance that they're faking numbers or any real reason for them to (as Republicans were disingenuously claiming when Obama was president). No one was really saying that the numbers were fake under Trump (and you rarely saw the "argument" that U6 was higher than U3 so we should use that as the "real" number), but given how crazy things have been the last couple of months, the reliability of the numbers is naturally less than it usually is. Could have been overstated last month and then corrected (though the first revision was an increase to April, and there was also a big increase to the March numbers in this revision--on the other hand, the household survey numbers look better), could be real change, could be wrong now, etc. We know it's really bad, and I think the BLS numbers are the best estimate we have, but the range of estimates is much looser than normal. Just gonna take some time for everything to shake out.

In before CNN and MSNC start saying Covid numbers are spiking to try and suppress it again

Oh', don't kid yourself, that's coming. The funny thing is that the spike will be caused by all these idiots in the street that they're currently supporting, while barely even acknowledging the pandemic.

Already saw Don Lemon testing out a future narrative spin, that pepper spray causes people to be more susceptible to COVID. Warming up the "it's all Trump's fault!" narrative.

Are you really gonna stand here and tell us you think the economy would be where it is in the middle of a global pandemic with a democrat president?

If you do, you’re a moron. Just look at the Dow from election day in 2016.

What did Trump do that a Democrat wouldn't have done? Trillion dollar stimulus packages? Is that what supposedly sets him apart?

What did Trump do that a Democrat wouldn't have done? Trillion dollar stimulus packages? Is that what supposedly sets him apart?

Higher deficits from the tax cut could have provided some juice, though the economy was already running near capacity, and tax cuts for rich people are the least-stimulative form of deficit increases. That was also offset by the trade stuff (some Democrats might have done something like that, too, though I can't imagine any would do it as badly). Fact is, unless there's a recession that we're trying to get out of (and with low interest rates), there isn't much presidents can do to help short-term growth.

Are you really gonna stand here and tell us you think the economy would be where it is in the middle of a global pandemic with a democrat president?

If you do, you’re a moron. Just look at the Dow from election day in 2016.

Democrat domestic terrorists don't care about facts or reality. They make up their own.

Well, let’s start with lowering corporate tax rates and making the US more competitive.

Edit, are you talking about the pandemic response? The Democrats simply don’t have the confidence of the market. If a Democrat was in charge during tough times, that would be huge selloff’s.

Back