Law US supreme court rules against affirmative action

That's their cross to bare, if they don't want to go to a school that doesn't suck their dicks and treat them like children. Get the grades up to the standard they're competing against, and it won't be an issue. Meritocracy, little wonder. That's how it works. The white folks who can't keep up, are gonna have the same issues, and I'm perfectly fine with that. You don't see me arguing for Cleetus and Jeb needing a booster seat so they can be level with the Asian super geniuses, because I know if they worked just as hard, they'd make it.

Life isn't a charity.
I wonder if he feels the same way about athletic scholarships for college football and basketball. Probably not.

I wonder if he feels the same way about athletic scholarships for college football and basketball. Probably not.

Definitely not. At least in a dishonest activist kind of way...

Lol, best man at my wedding was Korean. When he used to hit the bag in the gym occasionally someone would ask me if he spoke English. It was always funny to say "His name is Mike and he's from Texas." Here's a nice interview where he described the time he snapped his thumb in half 20 seconds into the first round of a fight:

The old “I have a black friend” defense! Lol

1. Government by the people; that form of government in which the sovereign power resides in the people as a whole, and is exercised either directly by them (as in the small republics of antiquity) or by officers elected by them. In mod. use often more vaguely denoting a social state in which all have equal rights, without hereditary or arbitrary differences of rank or privilege.

https://www.oed.com/oed2/00060572

All Republics are Democracies, but not all Democracies are Republics.

lolwut? no. republics don't have to be democraTIC. regardless, the usa is a democratic (adj) republic (noun). not A democracy (noun).

and like i said, if we were a democracy, the senate would be an entirely redundant body.

"Representation in a republic may or may not be freely elected by the general citizenry. In many historical republics, representation has been based on personal status and the role of elections has been limited. This remains true today; among the 159 states that use the word "republic" in their official names as of 2017, and other states formally constituted as republics, are states that narrowly constrain both the right of representation and the process of election."

I'm just waiting for the schools affected by this to change their admission requirements to super-value performing hip-hop music or something... Then have it blow up in their faces and ten years from now all the best hip-hop artists are Asian.

Really though, can't believe people support this type of blatant discrimination. This is near the top of the list of things that showed the rank hypocrisy present in the anti-racist crowd. Some poor bastard whose great great grandparents were dying in railroad tunnel collapses getting passed over for someone whose parents are fresh off the boat because that person has darker skin colour? It's such a superficial, feel-good (for the big-brain university crowd) measure that hurts both those who achieve and many people who have intense wrongs appearing in their family history. It's a disgrace that this type of thing was ever practiced, and more a disgrace that people who pretend to give a shit about minorities supported it.

I'm just waiting for the schools affected by this to change their admission requirements to super-value performing hip-hop music or something... Then have it blow up in their faces and ten years from now all the best hip-hop artists are Asian.

Really though, can't believe people support this type of blatant discrimination. This is near the top of the list of things that showed the rank hypocrisy present in the anti-racist crowd. Some poor bastard whose great great grandparents were dying in railroad tunnel collapses getting passed over for someone whose parents are fresh off the boat because that person has darker skin colour? It's such a superficial, feel-good (for the big-brain university crowd) measure that hurts both those who achieve and many people who have intense wrongs appearing in their family history. It's a disgrace that this type of thing was ever practiced, and more a disgrace that people who pretend to give a shit about minorities supported it.

i feel the same way. this is a nothing burger in the sense that there will be other ways to arrive at the same outcomes.

and who will punish schools for discriminating on race? we dont have equal justice, so the laws dont really matter.

I don't even know who it is, let alone if its a fake account. Its not like the sentiment is uncommon.
It is uncommon though. It's clearly a bad faith characature of a 'liberal' position. If a supposed right wing account popped up with 'worked for Trump Campaign' in their bio and tweeted "I support an abortion ban and not expanded medicare because I care about foetus's but don't care if babies die' I wouldn't accept it uncritically because it supports my biases, I would think, 'hmm that seems a bit extreme, I wonder if there is something else going on here'. But maybe that's just me.

the funny part? Affirmative Action in colleges put more white women in college than minorities. Expect a MASSIVE gender swap in the next decade as women lose preferential treatment to Asian men.

affirmative action at university admissions was a bad practice.

legacy admissions are a bad practice.

eliminating one and not the other unfortunately has residual bad consequences.

i'm in favor of the ruling but we should just be aware of the other bad admissions practices.
Agree with both statements. Legacy admissions should be replaced with low income scholarships for talented kids from low incomes.

Ah, I see. Get ready for Ivy League student bodies that are like 50% Asian. And more power to them; people shouldn't be penalized because a bunch of people that look similar to them, are also exceptionally studious.
look out for extra criteria like extra curricular activities to be given more weight in assessing selections.

lolwut? no. republics don't have to be democraTIC. regardless, the usa is a democratic (adj) republic (noun). not A democracy (noun).

and like i said, if we were a democracy, the senate would be an entirely redundant body.

"Representation in a republic may or may not be freely elected by the general citizenry. In many historical republics, representation has been based on personal status and the role of elections has been limited. This remains true today; among the 159 states that use the word "republic" in their official names as of 2017, and other states formally constituted as republics, are states that narrowly constrain both the right of representation and the process of election."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy

Representative democracy, also known as indirect democracy, is a type of democracy where elected people represent a group of people, in contrast to direct democracy.[1] Nearly all modern Western-style democracies function as some type of representative democracy: for example, the United Kingdom (a unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy), Germany (a federal parliamentary republic), France (a unitary semi-presidential republic), and the United States (a federal presidential republic).[2]

More reason to go to a community college first and knock out your 60 credits. UF had to accept me since I had that plus at least a 2.0 GPA.

<21>

I did the same thing. Most students who don’t have scholarships should be going to CCs initially anyways, especially those who are unsure about what they want to major in. Would be a good way to reduce our current/future college debt issue.

It is uncommon though. It's clearly a bad faith characature of a 'liberal' position. If a supposed right wing account popped up with 'worked for Trump Campaign' in their bio and tweeted "I support an abortion ban and not expanded medicare because I care about foetus's but don't care if babies die' I wouldn't accept it uncritically because it supports my biases, I would think, 'hmm that seems a bit extreme, I wonder if there is something else going on here'. But maybe that's just me.
The Jussie Smollet situation (and others) suggests that there are tons of people on the left willing to suspend rational thinking in favor of demonizing folks on the right.

the funny part? Affirmative Action in colleges put more white women in college than minorities. Expect a MASSIVE gender swap in the next decade as women lose preferential treatment to Asian men.
source on white women benefit the most from AA ? I saw article with that headline on USA today but reading the article, it doesnt cite any substantial data to support this. It just says that white women have seen the largest growth in college admissions and degrees since the 1960's therefore thats proof they are the biggest beneficiaries. But that ignores women in general entering the workforce at substantially higher rates since 1960 from a time when women were often stay at home care takers. Add in that men are much more likely to work in trades work than are women and that even further supports why women have closed the gap on college education. That stat changing isnt proof that colleges today are making it point to invite white women, just that the demographic has changed over the last 60 years.

look out for extra criteria like extra curricular activities to be given more weight in assessing selections.

Nah. Asians usually do well there too. There will be extra weight added to writing essays about how black you grew up. Harvard has already publicly said this b

Back