USA Sambo Nationals 2019 (April 7th - Newtown, PA)

I did not know there was enough depth in USA to have a nat'l sambo tourney. Is Southeast PA the capital of Sambo in the US?

I did not know there was enough depth in USA to have a nat'l sambo tourney. Is Southeast PA the capital of Sambo in the US?
This is not the only national Sambo event in the US. Another major annual competition is the Arnold Classic Sambo Championships.

And for your other question, I would not say PA is the capital; however, the USA Sambo National Training Center is in Langhorne, PA. In general, NY (Steve Koepfer), NJ (Vladislav Koulikov), IL (Gregg Humphreys), and CA (Reilly Bodycomb) are some of the top places to train Sambo in the US.

USA Sambo offices are in Philadelphia as well. Philadelphia and it’s suburbs have large Russian/Eastern European communities. Not uncommon to go into a Judo club and find out guys have sambo backgrounds.

Sambo is really old school judo with leg locks and no chokes. I would recommend that anyone doing Judo or wrestling check it out and even sign up. BJJ guys may have a hard time because the rules really put guard pullers at a disadvantage.

Back