Media Usman after his loss to Leon

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score

I'm surprised at how calm the dude is, even tho he appeared legit pissed during the post fight celebration. Like that he gave props to Leon at the end and that he fact that praised Leon as an unbreakable dude.
Every little moment that comes out gets me hyped for the trilogy.

Usman knew Leon was his end. I've never heard someone say they were scared of someone pre fight

“Every time I break his will, he comes back”—
<JagsKiddingMe>

Perhaps, just perhaps, Leon’s will wasn’t really broken?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Leon was visibly broken, his corner got the best out of him in that fight.

“Stop feeling sorry for yourself” is some of the most terse spot on cornering I’ve seen from a motivational standpoint. They only had a minute in between rounds to get it done and they did.

I don’t think Leon gets it done if they didn’t slap him straight imo.

Leon was visibly broken, his corner got the best out of him in that fight.

“Stop feeling sorry for yourself” is some of the most terse spot on cornering I’ve seen from a motivational standpoint. They only had a minute in between rounds to get it done and they did.

I don’t think Leon gets it done if they didn’t slap him straight imo.
I don’t think Leon—or any other fighter— would get it done if their will was broken. I mean, that’s kind of what the phrase means after all. But I agree, he had a great corner and they said just what they needed to in that moment.

<JagsKiddingMe>

He looked done and his coach saw it and went off on him during the break. He pulled it off yes and massive props to him but its as Usman said, you break his will round by round and he comes back into the next all ready to go. He landed the kick in the opening of the fifth, iirc. By the end of the fourth, he looked broken.

It’s good to see Usman is taking it well. No doubt it hurt like hell to lose like that but he’s been reapectful to Leon and gave his congratulations. I think based on the mindset he seems to have that he’ll come back strong.

Back