Usman Looked Good. Stop Witn The, "He Doesn't Look The Same", Narrative

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The only difference I saw was that Leon drastically drilled the tdd.

Usman looked very strong, physically imposing, and powerful. He was able to pressure Edward's back a LOT.

I believe he rocked Edward's once. He looked fine. We already knew Edward's was the slicker striker on the feet.

But Edward's showed great defensive wrestling chops. Tbh I wasn't confident Leon had won but my broadcast was poor and lagging a lot. I thought it was close and he lost a point.

Last edited:

Usman looked very strong, physically imposing, and powerful. He was able to pressure Edward's back a LOT.

I believe he rocked Edward's once. He looked fine. We already knew Edward's was the slicker striker on the feet.

But Edward's showed great defensive wrestling chops. Tbh I wasn't convinced Leon had won but my broadcast was poor and lagging a lot. I thought it was close and he lost a point.

He looked good. He did not look his absolute best. We don’t have to pretend that Fighter X was at his absolute apex when Fighter Y beat him to give them both credit.

But he didn't look the same at all. It's the first time I've ever seen him visibly tired and his set ups into the takedown were lacking.

He looked like a fighter clearly on a decline. He is nearly 36, coming off a brutal ko for the first time ever it ain't his fault.

He looked good. He did not look his absolute best. We don’t have to pretend that Fighter X was at his absolute apex when Fighter Y beat him to give them both credit.

Arguably the truth, Sherdog tends to claim fighters either havent declined at all or have become shells of themselves overnight when the truth is often in the middle.

I think you could say as well that Usman never really felt like a "dominating" champ. he had a good run but generally he was getting the best of competitive fights. He didnt really fell like the kind of fighter were he could lose a step and carry on at the top for me.

He definitely didn't look as good as in prior fights, its the age and the knees.
It happens to everyone eventually.

But Edward's showed great defensive wrestling chops. Tbh I wasn't convinced Leon had won but my broadcast was poor and lagging a lot. I thought it was close and he lost a point.

No he didn’t, he looked like a shell of himself.

He had at least 2-3 chances to land the same shot he killed Masvidal with, he missed, and looked slow doing it. It wasn’t leon doing anything he was stationary, he just wasn’t accurate and he was slow.

not sure what fight you watched but they both looked bad

He's declining but not at a drastic rate. Leon obviously has been drilling TDD which was noticeable in the their last fight and has improved significantly since. Leon was always a better technical striker and without having to worry as much about being taken down, outpointed Usman.

Usman got stomped by the better fighter, sit your black ass down and recognize your new WW overlord

His explosion is gone, his takedowns looked worse than I’ve ever seen. You can give credit to Edwards without ignoring the obvious.

Leon is very underrated by Sherdog, but Usman is clearly not the same fighter anymore.

Looks like he gassed out flying over the ocean

It's hard to look your best when you aren't having your way. Physically and skillwise he seemed to be the same Kamaru IMO.

True, always hard to say for sure. Striking didn’t look crisp to me but clearly Leon gets credit for some of that.

I just don’t understand why it isn’t enough for some people that their guy wins, they also need everyone else to acknowledge that he beat the very best version of so-and-so who was uninjured and had a great weight cut and was in mint condition. Who cares, it’s entertainment.

I thought he looked a little slower and weaker, both striking and grappling. He also looked uncertain on the feet. He should have let his hands go. He didn’t start going for it until round 5.

Leon had a good gameplan to stop the takedowns on the fence though, and that many leg kicks add up.

I had it a draw due to the point deduction.

In the end it seemed like neither guy brought a “winning” game plan, they both just wanted to neutralize their opponent’s strengths. Turned into a battle of leg kicks vs. takedowns attempts.

But he didn't look the same at all. It's the first time I've ever seen him visibly tired and his set ups into the takedown were lacking.

He looked like a fighter clearly on a decline. He is nearly 36, coming off a brutal ko for the first time ever it ain't his fault.
He ate a LOT if body kicks though

Back